Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

check out this site

Posted by deathray 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
check out this site
October 07, 2014 03:02AM
www.mylandmatters.org
I urge all of you to check this out...dont think you will be disapointed. Its a new resource of maps,land status/ownership ,research tools,etc put together by Clay Diggins....same dude that makes awesome mining claim maps.
Re: check out this site
October 07, 2014 09:30AM
Got on the site but I couldn't pull up any maps...I must be missing something.
October 07, 2014 02:20PM
Hi Ozzie. I couldn't pull up any maps either; I think the website and library are under construction. It looks like it will be a great resource at some point. Good find Ray. Thanks,
Duke

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2014 02:22PM by tnduke.
October 07, 2014 03:26PM
Ray have you found any maps for our area..I couldn't pull any maps up maybe you have to donate or join..It seems in our area all the good places to hunt are on places we can't hunt on...I'm lookng forward to the hunt this winter with you guys down south of San Fran

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 07, 2014 04:47PM
According to their site the usage is and will be open and free, its just not there yet. They are seeking IRS tax deductible status for donations by the end of 2014. They are in set up mode. It does look promising and holds great potential as a resource. They are in based in Arizona. I hope they succeed!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
October 08, 2014 01:23AM
Alot of prospectors use Clay's other maps...they are superb,and Im sure this will be too. Stay tuned....
October 10, 2014 03:47AM
looks like when its up and running it will be a great resouce..

Thanks Ray!!

Keith
October 18, 2014 05:48PM
Hi everybody, Clay Diggins here.

The site is up and running, including the maps. We are adding more maps and library items daily.

Right now we've got active and closed claims mapping available for:

Arizona
Oregon
Utah
Washington

And Geology mapping available for:

Alabama
Arizona
California
Colorado
Georgia
North Carolina
South Carolina
Oregon

This weekend I'll be adding the Colorado active claims map and a Nevada geology map.

All active BLM claims are mapped to the section and have a link directly to the BLM LR2000 case report for each claim. No more stumbling around the LR2000 looking for an area or a particular claim. Two simple clicks on the map and you have a full LR2000 report on the claim in real time. The map items are searchable so you can find a claim location with a simple search for the claim name or search for the locator name. Land Status mapping is included with each claims map as well as historical claims mapping and tracking since 1976.

All states will have high resolution geology, all states with mining claims will have those claims mapped.

There is a huge amount of information available by searching the library. We plan to have more than 1,000 books and videos added this year alone.

All this and more is available now. If you are having trouble with the search or maps you may need to:

Turn on Javascript. Maps and searches both require javascript.
Allow popups for [mylandmatters.org] - the maps have their own window so you can search and map at the same time.

Land Matters is a non-profit educational charity. There is nothing to join and there are no fees to be paid. We are not sponsored by any corporations and we do not sell or share visitor information. There are no ads. Land Matters is entirely user supported. If you find it of benefit to you please consider a donation.

We would appreciate it if you contact us to let us know what maps, documents, books or videos would be useful in your land research. We add maps and documents in the order they are most requested. If you sign up to the newsletter we will keep you informed of new additions and updates to the site.

There is a lot more to Land Matters than claims maps, dig a little deeper and you will discover treasure for the interested researcher.

Heavy Pans