Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Id like to run this unit 7----14----22Khz

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Id like to run this unit 7----14----22Khz
October 11, 2014 03:55PM
Re: Id like to run this unit 7----14----22Khz
October 11, 2014 04:35PM
I really think this company deserves a very watchful eye from detectorist. They really seem to be making some quailty detectors with the options we want. I'm very interested in their detectors and will get the T72 as soon as funds allow.
Thanks for posting Keith. Your unbiased reviews are greatly appreciated.
October 11, 2014 05:25PM
From what I understand or should I say from what I CAN understand these are knock off detectors and not real AKA detectors. Copyright issues as well. The problem is we need an AKA representative or distributor here in the states.
October 11, 2014 05:32PM
I am pretty sure that is just a repackaged Signum. That is what Igor mentioned on Gary's forums.
I love my Signum but am looking forward to a true multifrequency (simultaneous) machine from them.
The VID will be stable then, that much closer to an E-Trac replacement. lol

Albert
October 11, 2014 05:45PM
So this isnt a AKA detector?????

No Im confused LOL!!!

the Russian's are being copied too??? Must say something about the real ones then...

Ill have to further research this...

I will say Im not fond of the Red Star on the faceplate...but thats just me....too many cold war movies I watched in the 80's LOL!!!

I like a machine to jump freq on the fly...

That's one thing about the DEUS it really is an instructional tool to help see differences in freqs and response and why things happen the way they do on alot of other machines...

Thanks for the heads up...dang the copy looks better than the original...Wonder if it works Better???HMMMMM

I noitce they are really trying to delve into the Visual I.D. I hope the audio is up to snuff...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2014 05:58PM by Keith Southern.
October 11, 2014 07:36PM
I don't think there is a red star on the real AKA's....earthmansurfer, can you confirm this?
October 12, 2014 01:43AM
If you want to deal with AKA deal or talk to Igor. From what I can tell this company put new face plates on AKA detectors. I have no idea if it was some type of in house break up or out right theft. But I know these detectors are not from AKA and Igor.
October 12, 2014 03:16AM
My Sorex Pro has no red star on it.
October 12, 2014 03:12PM
Keith, it is an AKA detector, just with a different packaging finish. Igor said this on Gary's forum. (and he sort of didn't seem happy).
I do like the shaft, as it collapses as you pointed out. I'd love that for packing it in my backpack.

I was excited and thought they had released their multi (2) frequency detector early. But that really just looks like a Signum with some new labels and such.
AKA already has interchangeable coils and a few 3 frequency coils, with that box with the switch on it (like in the photos).

Albert
October 12, 2014 05:31PM
brand new poster here!please allow me to introduce myself.I am JR from the east lake area of chattanooga TN. been reading this forum and Finds for YEARS.I hunt with 1270 and f75ltd.This thread got me real curious so i signed up.I contacted AKA directlly and they confifmed that this is their new english speaking web site. As for Igor,I hope they will work with him on this because it looks like He has been very helpful to others. I to have been eyeballing thse detectors.Also,To all who have posted about F75's.Thanks for shortning the learning curve. P.S. MR. Kieth and Tom,or any one.I hope you can get one of the new AKA's and tell us inquireing minds all about them. Thanks for reading my rambles!
October 12, 2014 09:19PM
[garysdetecting.co.uk]

the most complex machine ever issued in the uk!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2014 09:21PM by diggers.
October 13, 2014 12:14AM
diggers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [garysdetecting.co.uk]
> m
>
> the most complex machine ever issued in the uk!!

I doubt that, I find the Berkut extremely easy to operate and find my way thru the menus. You do have to read the manual and actually use the machine for a number of hours
The only reason some may find it more complicated in my opinion is that on the Sorex and Sig. the controls are touchpads on the faceplate for some controls
to change them on the fly and in sub menus if you want to change the settings on the Berkut.
Once you know where all the function controls changes in the menu system is, no problem.
Probably for the first time user of such a digital machine, the Sorex Pro would be easier to use.
Both have preset programs for the beginner to hunt in. Example if you want with Tesoro performance hunt in preset 1, you want Minelab performance hunt in preset 4.
And if you want to go deeper, play with the settings once you understand how to use the AKA.

And those AKA machines with the red hot military tank labels are just rebranded AKA machines for another reseller. Sort of like the detectors rebranded for Kellyco........
Sort of a marketing experiment for AKA. I would stick with Igor for accurate AKA information.

Yeah Keith should try a AKA, would be really interesting to see how in performs in the nasty GA soils.
There will be an AKA learning curve, to me these machines are a breath of fresh air.
If you like the Deus, GoldMax Power and the Deeptech, you will probably enjoy using an AKA.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
October 13, 2014 03:56AM
Thanks fellas for the info..

Ill look into seeing what I can come up with...

The 22Khz is what I want to try in iron with a small coil and separation dialed in...Just to see what it can do Vs the DEUS 3.2 in a shootout..

Keith
October 13, 2014 01:00PM
they leave US makers back in the stone age
October 13, 2014 02:30PM
Just ran into a new post at Gary's regarding the new Red star AKA's from the operator of the website Keith posted about. [www.aka-detectors.com]
It's a thread started yesterday with many postings. One thread to watch. Regardless of what's going on with current marketing, current models are wonderful units.
Looks like AKA is trying to break into the International sales market. Which could be a wake-up call for US manufacturers.
--------------------------------
By Vladimir

For my first message on this forum, i'd like to introduce myself. I'm in charge of export/word sales for AKA detectors. As you probably know, we have no dealers outside of Russia, and due to export restrictions it's been almost impossible to set up a network of dealers outside of Russia and several eastern countries. So far, the only option was to order them in eastern countries. To improve the process and offer great Customer service, we're are in the process of building a world network.

At the same time AKA will soon launch new versions of its metal detectors. We plan to release more information on our new website made for out-of-russia sales:
[www.aka-detectors.com]. As you probably know, exporting out of Russia is not an easy process.
We have a good hope that our first batch of machines will be released in less than 5 weeks as production is currently being achieved. We're waiting for some paperwork to finish it all.

We hope that you like our new videos in Russian and English. For sales out of Russia, we're changing our logo so that international users find it easy to remember of our products.

Previous models such as Berkut, Sorex and Signum will not be available anymore when those new models arrive. I can understand that some EBAY dealers like IGOR (who has nothing to do with AKA) might get upset, but in this case what Igor has stated is not true. It goes much beyond than "new faceplate". New models will ALL come with multifrequency coils, updated programs and telescopic shafts.

I would like to thank Gary for having set up this forum and field tested our machines. Generally speaking, outside of Russia and Ukraine, it's in the UK that our AKA detectors have been gathered the highest number of early adopters. In case you have questions, please feel free to drop a message, and i will do my best to answer your questions in a timely manner.

Greetings Dirtdevil, nothing is ever completely obsolete when it comes to metal detectors, especially AKA ones. We'll give you more updates in the coming weeks. Although our new models are not officially available, i felt it was fair to come and tell you folks about them. If i were to buy a new detector, 'id be happy if the manufacturer tells me about upcoming new models, although everything thing cannot be disclosed yet.

Hello Gary, I've just sent you and email

Dear Suchmuch,

Please understand that I have no comments to make on what delaers and users think or believe, at least for the moment. Unfortunately i cannot disclose everything. Currently, no dealer has this new model between his hands otherwise they'd put pictures of them. We're setting up a whole new network for AKA, which creates shockwave among the 2-3 dealers that were selling those machines abroad. Now they will have to stock to their countries.

Regarding distributors, the process is already underway and we have received numerous offers. When we choose a dealer, size does not matter, we emphasis on the hability of the dealer to offer great Customer support and especially understand our machines as you know they are really different.

When i refer to export restrictions, i 'm talking about export licences, ce/fcc certificates (not only from Russia), high shipping and custom costs. Many other factors add to that but cannot be disclosed. It's not the place nor the moment. If there were no such problems don't you think that big names like Kellyco or metaldetectors in the US, or Regton in the UK would be selling AKA already ? Finally regarding the program updates, of course we'll disclose that when they will be released officially.

Works for me
October 13, 2014 02:40PM
found this euro site

[www.akadetectors.com]
October 13, 2014 02:42PM
diggers Wrote:
> found this euro site
>
> [www.akadetectors.com]-
> berkut-5

That's Mikron the Bulgarian distributor who handles sales outside Russia.

Works for me
October 13, 2014 02:52PM
[www.garysdetecting.co.uk]

Works for me
October 14, 2014 11:34AM
problem is with the possible apparent fragmenting of the company could you buy in safety ? he might need to sell on e b a y for some security for buyers ,otherwise you could end up with nothing
October 15, 2014 12:37PM
the Bulgarian gent says that the T72 and molotok are just earlier models with the faces changed to give the impression theyre new models .by this other dealer !(Mr Bullshitsky )
i presume the berkut is a new model though

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2014 12:42PM by diggers.
October 15, 2014 03:22PM
The Berkut 5 is the latest model just released and with the new English version faceplate.
It's one price point below the Sorex Pro.
If in doubt who to buy from "currently", the long time sellers Igor and Mikron are top notch.

Works for me
October 15, 2014 07:54PM
strange that the actual makers dont seem to have a website or am i wrong ?
theyve been hijacked by others
October 15, 2014 07:59PM
diggers Wrote:
> strange that the actual makers dont seem to have a
> website or am i wrong ?
> theyve been hijacked by others

[www.aka.2000.ru]

They are the original makers and anyone wanting to buy any AKA product can safely deal with IGOR or MIKRON i have just received my Sorex Pro from IGOR with no problems.
October 15, 2014 08:05PM
how do you pay and whats the delivery times like ??
who do they use for delivery ??
October 16, 2014 12:53PM
i emailed the russian makers and they dont reply ,think they need to employ somebody to do marketing as theyre too busy building .the Bulgarian replies but he hasnt a clue about wifi headphones and new machines coming along .
October 16, 2014 04:01PM
totdetectors in Spain do mail order on AKA models

[www.totdetector.es]
October 16, 2014 05:12PM
Believe I will just wait till there's an importer here in the states...

Starting to get confusing...

Keith
October 16, 2014 11:38PM
Here's the scoop from Stiv at AKA
regarding the website selling the new AKA:

-----------------------------------
Right now, there is no "old" and "new" machines. "New military" design models are the same Signum and Sorex Pro with changed front panels from another dealer in Germany, who want to present them as new.
Already I wrote, new models will be: [www.garysdetecting.co.uk]
They are still in development...
Real news, you can search here:
www.aka.2000.ru
www.akadetectors.com
Also in the largest Russian forum: [www.reviewdetector.ru]
All others are just retailers.

----------------------------------

Works for me
October 17, 2014 09:50AM
this dodgy dealer who has created his own knockoff brand seems to have designed the telescopic stem which is the one that looks like the deus stem although its not a patent buster.
and thats the one want ,but not his red star commie brand control box ,and there is the question of who and if is making the wifi phones for the AKA models ??
October 17, 2014 10:57AM
Regarding the Wifi, can only surmise it will be an AKA product in the works. The transmitter on/off option is already programmed into my Berkut as a function.

Works for me