Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nasa Tom

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nasa Tom
October 13, 2014 02:40AM
Why is it that you say when you hunt an area with a lower freq and then go back and use say a freq of 18 the ground will come alive..is it that the higher freq sees through iron better. So if you are relic hunting and there is some iron not carpets of it, would you still use a high freq?...Explaine that please. On the deus what is the best freq for older areas that have iron and trash but not heavy. I see a lot of hunters using a freq of 8-12.

Thanks LowBoy

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2014 03:16PM by Lawrenzo.
Re: Nasa Tom
October 13, 2014 02:38PM
MANY relics ID in the range of 'foil' and 'pull-tab'. These are lower conductors..... whereby the 18-Khz freq option is much more 'tuned/resonant'. Also, there is a night/day difference between 18-Khz.... vs all 3 other freq selections.... as far as enhanced adjacent target separation characteristics are concerned. If you are in low mineral areas..... and trash content is minimum....... you could/can use the lower freqs.

Overall: the Deus is a superior performer on 18-Khz.
October 13, 2014 03:18PM
Thanks Tom...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 14, 2014 12:44AM
Hey Lawrenzo I may also add that when your working through that iron on 18kHz and want to get the most out of the unmasking and target separation is to keep the silencer turned off (-1)...

Keith
October 14, 2014 01:41AM
Tom, do you have a favorite frequency for hunting gold jewelry in trashy ground?
October 14, 2014 08:53PM
Scott....... In reference to the Deus........ it would be 18-Khz.... hands-down.