Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Viking Hoard

Posted by Beach 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Viking Hoard
October 13, 2014 03:40PM
Re: Viking Hoard
October 13, 2014 04:16PM
here's a better article about it:

[www.bbc.com]
October 13, 2014 05:41PM
The lad hit it big last year also...finding a pot of silver coins. Good for him.
October 14, 2014 12:20AM
WoW!!!!

Awesome..

To live in such a ancient history rich place would be awesome....

I would never have time for work....Guess my wife could go to work ...LOL!!!

Keith
October 14, 2014 01:43AM
Oh gee, look at me. I found four quarters in a park today. Yippee.

I hate those Brits......
October 14, 2014 05:29PM
Yep, the awesome CTX nails another hoard.
October 14, 2014 07:03PM
Miser,
If you want quantities of silver coins without actually purchasing them, forget metal detecting. Go find a friendly banker. Buy the coin bags from the coin machine that customers turn in.
Make sure it is an older model coin machine or you will be out of luck except for half dollars as those aren't dependent on weight when going through the machine.

Search them and return the non-silver. My count of silver coins (us dollar, half, quarter, dime, nickel) gotten this way in 1.5 years is 2,189. Only one key date in all that; a 32-s quarter. I have gotten over 6k wheats this way, over a hundred liberty and shield nickels and a roll of IH. No challenge, though. Metal detecting....most challenging hobby ever.
October 14, 2014 08:19PM
Oh, I hear you Rod. I was just envying those folks in the UK. These are the golden years of metal detecting for them.