Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta FORS CoRe Pro Pack

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta FORS CoRe Pro Pack
October 15, 2014 08:19PM
When I get a chance to run it. I will report on it..The 2 tone mode is in hyper drive...

I like the attitude at Nokta....very consumer oriented...They go out of their way to help...

Keith
Re: Nokta FORS CoRe Pro Pack
October 15, 2014 08:55PM
Fantastic Keith. Looking forward to your review.

Tom in SC
October 16, 2014 02:19AM
Hello Keith,

Looking forward to reading your view on the Fors CoRe, I think you'll like it.

Today, Ran the Fors Gold and Deus up in the California gold country, Strictly for relic hunting both fared extremely well. Ran 3 hours apiece, With the Fors Gold stayed with 2-tone boost mode and that's were I left it, did try 3-tone but quickly went back with 2-tone for relic hunting that was my best mode.

In all, Dug 14-15 buttons several in the 1850 era along with several other cool finds. Over all did pretty good, Both detectors punched deep even though the site was laced with a blanket of square nails.

You're going to like the Fors Core if it operates like the Fors Gold, Not as advanced (information wise) as the Deus but overall a good detector for under a grand.

If possible, Operate the unit with the protective covers on both the handle and housing. You'll be glad you did keeps the unit clean and will greatly reduce scratches and such, mine will stay on wish other detector companies provided these.

Paul (Ca)
October 16, 2014 02:31AM
Good info Paul..

Glad you found some buttons..

Yes on the CoRe. the 2 tone is in Hyper drive....like your boost 2 tone mode on the gold I would think...Sort of like a T2 or F75 but on Steroids..Youll never run that mode on 99 sens Im afraid..

Wonder if both machines use the same coils?????Ill bet they do...To be honest I got the CoRe because I liek black coils LOL!!!!

We might have to swap machines some time in the future to see whats different about them...Ill bet nothing though..

Ill do that on the cover's...Thanks for the tips..

wish I would of got the extra lower poles now for the other coils ...If I enjoy the machine I will order some extra rods...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2014 02:34AM by Keith Southern.
October 16, 2014 03:01AM
I took to the FORS Gold instantly. I am not sure you will like it as much Keith due to the inability to set the break point in two tone. Works great for me in the goldfields though, both in all metal and in two tone mode.

In two tone holding the handle button down engages the ground balance grab. If you just tap the button instead of holding it, the machine switches to all metal mode for about 5 seconds. I found this more to my liking than the pinpoint mode for sizing targets. Give it a try.

I have been running sensitivity at 60 and plenty happy with it there though I am sure it can be pushed higher. Remember each mode needs to have sensitivity set separately.

Like Paul said, the covers are great. You have yo put the control box cover on before you assemble the unit, or take it back apart like I had to do.
October 16, 2014 03:12AM
Thanks for the heads up Steve!!!

yes Tone break inability is something manufacturers are squimish to offer...

yet at the same time if the platfrom is right, critcal tone break is not as important as just the ability of the unit to BLEND...hopefully the CoRe will blend tones...

to be honest with you the CoRe just seems to be really deep and Im looking for a DEEP unit right now for some site work....

Im hoping that 15 inch coil gets down in the ground...

Keith
October 16, 2014 03:52AM
Probably premature of me at this point but for what I do the FORS Gold Pro Package is a better way to go than the XP Deus. I am underwhelmed by the Deus so far as a prospecting detector whereas the Nokta ranks with the best.
October 16, 2014 01:15PM
Hey Keith,

Pretty sure the coils are interchangeable between the two, I hear you with getting black that was one of the few positives that almost swayed me into getting the Fors CoRe. But sprung for the Fors Gold instead somehow felt the 2-tone boost would be my relic mode and boy was it ever!

About the only issue I had and it's a minor one is the Fors Gold target information is not as good the Deus, The Deus gives a user more target information which helped me dig less rusted tin. Up in gold country allot of rusted tin and such, These type of signals will fool the best detector and even the best hunter but with the Deus was able to avoid some pieces with the extra target information it has.

Still allot of we don't know on the Fors Gold and CoRe, Example.... Are the 2-tone modes the same?

Overall the Fors Gold is a good detector, Simple to operate and handles poor ground well.

Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2014 01:16PM by Old California.
October 16, 2014 01:52PM
Paul, On the Deus, what info are you referring to, to help avoid digging rusty tin...audio or visual?
October 16, 2014 03:48PM
Hello sekypaleo,

The Deus has the horseshoe feature, Left side ferrous right side non ferrous. This was one of the extra features (visual) helping me with some of the rusty tin signals, Of course allot of pieces of tin still fooled me but with the Deus dug less ferrous. Audio on the Deus is fantastic, So that so too may be a plus. Plus, I've got allot of time in with the Deus maybe after a few relic more hunts with the Fors Gold my thoughts may change.

Keith, Out in the outer areas away from the pit of iron was able to run the Fors Gold boost with high sens. Think the highest was 90 sens and this is gold country mineralization can get tricky at times, Both the Deus and Fors Gold handled this soil with ease.

HH, Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2014 03:49PM by Old California.