Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fors CoRe Thoughts and Testing Videos

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hey Keith, i wonder how the Fors Core does on the nail with a silver quarter or a silver dime Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2014 08:35PM by skinner.
I would think you should have tried another freq and maybe change your reactivity and tx power...but yeah with a small coil would it see it? And also even though your in your garage you have the deus set up for heavy iron so I would be thinking you would use your small coil if you were out in the field with a lot of iron like a carpet of nails....

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
That's the best settings for this test Lawrenzo..

i tried alot of settings and of course it was on 18khz. Reactivity 3 disc just enough to grunt the nail with a little bit of high tone bleeding in..

Keith
Say Keith where would you put the Fors CoRe speed at using the DEUS reactive scale of 1 to 4?
Thanks
PacMan
About a 1.5 or so....about like a T2 but it blends audio instead of the one or the other tone the T2 gives..

Keith
He Keith how you like that Nissan Truck? I almost bought one with the 260 hp V6,But decided to get another Chevy instead.
Its a good deal for the money Harold....260 HP 4WD pretty much loaded up Crew cab...Drives great fuel mileage about 19 around town...Alot cheaper than a toyota with same trim...and drives better than a New Toyota...

I like my 25 year old Toyota better though..LOL..

I bought it after my youngest Daughter was in bad wreck....My wife decided the kids cant ride in my Toyota...no airbags no antilock brakes...Cant blame Her...

I dont plan on keeping the Nissan long though...But its solid.. and rides great..

Keith
Man those straight front axle Toys were/are great. The options for off road up grades are unlimited. I had a 84 model and the only problem I ever had out of it was for some reason the starter kept going out on it. Then my son started driving it. Lost control on a gravel road and slid under a parked tractor trailer rig. Took the top right off and pulled the rear axle out from under it. He laid over in the seat and other than some minor bruises and cuts was none the less for ware. Always wondered if he had been wearing a seat belt if he would have been able to dodge the bullet.

Other side of the story if I had not raised it 4" and put Qs on it would he have lost control. Swears he was not going to fast. Yea right very lucky son of mine.

Replaced the springs and right wheel and tire. Torched the top off and hunted for many years out of it in the bottoms. Finely sold it to another bottom rat.

PacMan
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> About a 1.5 or so....about like a T2 but it blends
> audio instead of the one or the other tone the T2
> gives..
>
> Keith

Thanks for the reply.

Question
At 1.5 and the CoRe using the small coil would it not have as good separation if not slightly better than the Deus with the 11" coil. Realizing that the depth would not be as good but in a nail infested area I don't see depth as a major issue.
One thing about me is that being corrected by someone that knows what he is doing does not offend me in the least so do so if need be.
PacMan
Great videos and reviews Keith. I am hitting areas that I thought had produced about all that I could get. Now I can pull targets that I felt were masked with the Nokta. And that was with the stock coil. I like it has enough of the features of several detector that I like in one unit. Also like you state before, their service department is equal to or better than anyone's . I would like to see some real world hunts if you ever have time and enough hands to make it.

Thanks
Tom in SC
Hey Tom...

Yes the CoRe has the FEEL audibly of the T2 and AT PRO merged with some GMP added to the Mix...

It will dig the smallest of targets in Iron with ease also..especially with the Small coil...And they actually bang out loud...you dont have to chase iffy signals they are loud and clear even at depth and intermingled...cruddy sounds are falses in iron and sweet sounds in a ton of iron are good ..hasnt lied yet...

Deep targets dont lean to report as iron like on some machines..

Seems like they looked at the best sellers right now and merged them together and created a unique machine....

Ergonomics are Nice also sturdy and apppealing and looks the business to the bystanders watching you in the field...Looks like you have showed up with a serious piece of equipment....Looks intimidating and agressive.

Keith
Same here Steve prefer locked GB over tracking, But out in areas were ground changes quite a bit it's a hassle reground balancing so it's times like these will run with tracking.

The other day, Was comparing the Deus and Fors Gold tracking out in the outer areas away from iron up in gold country were ground changes from one extreme to another. Both do well with tracking, So that's pretty much the setting for open areas away from iron will go with tracking on.

Paul (Ca)
Maybe the new upgrade to the Deus will give us even more of an advantage then the 3.2

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
The DEUS pacman has made me over the last couple of months start to rethink my thought process..

and now the CoRe has brought my thought process into new light..

My way of thinking that exact tone break is crucial may not be as important as i once thought...

a simple test of the T2 with 5 inch coil 40 tone break Vs CoRe 5 inch coil 40 tone break shows that the ability of the CoRe machine to bleed tones and roll them does unmasking extremely well...

we have to look at the physical nature of new coil designs...and continously tone instead of one tone only at a time report...

now with that said....the DEUS is the world class iron unmasker..it does it with alot of variable settings user defined...

the secrets lie in the audio report though it so seems...NUANCES...

And for the DEUS to be able to take full advantage of that audio in unmasking a Small HOT coil design would prove to be stellar I personally Feel..

there's a culmination of NEW ways of reporting and processing upon us here of late..

and make no mistakes the T2 spurred the revolution we are now seeing...Company's are compounding off the original design and reworking the weak areas and also adding their own think tank ideas on it...

But in short yes the small coil on a CoRe can see things in iron thst the 9 or 11 cant see on the DEUS..BUT ITS UNDERSTANDABLE WHY...Even the Mighty DEUS can reach saturation overload from iron..

Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2014 05:22PM by Keith Southern.
Large Coil separaration video
October 22, 2014 05:31PM
showing the 13x15 coil

[www.youtube.com]
Thanks for the vid's and info Keith...really liking what I am seeing and hearing with the CoRe. There are many things I like about my Deus, but it is NOT the perfect machine...in fact I am finding myself not so much meshing with it...the audio is just too brash/raspy/tinny for my taste...the Chef Phones were a definite advantage over the backphones, but still not to my liking. As a friend of mine said of his Deus "I have yet to experience that A- HA moment with the Deus".
Keith,

I agree the Fors Gold may see things the Deus may not in some conditions, Was experiencing this last week but the trade off was it also got fooled with rusted tin more than the Deus. Price to pay for enhanced separation, Going to dig more rusted iron/tin.

Paul (Ca)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2014 07:47PM by Old California.
Theres no perfect machine Paleo...

The CoRe with the coils brings it into new realms...

Sleuthy in iron wiht the small coil and way deep with the big coil...

I almost see the CoRe as a Work horse...if that makes sense....I find the I.D. very accurate too ...

all three coils and the right attitiude and mind set it can do alot of things very well...

As for the DEUS...I love that unit....but Im still in the mindset its first and formost an unmasker....It needs depth,...Igty as a feather...

Whats funny is in the last few years and especially now we have so many choices we have never had...Explore whats out there...dont stay narrow minded.... too many choices and some great units....

We have more ways to research sites fopr detecting and info for gear than ever before and we have more machines to use than ever before...no reason for no one not to have a great time and go in well prepared... ..

Paul yes I could see the CoRe having a fit in tin.Most sensitive machine Ive ever ran for seeing small stuff in iron..so i know tin would light it up ...

Glad we have choices...

Keith
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The DEUS pacman has made me over the last couple
> of months start to rethink my thought process..
>
> and now the CoRe has brought my thought process
> into new light..
>
> My way of thinking that exact tone break is
> crucial may not be as important as i once
> thought...
>
> a simple test of the T2 with 5 inch coil 40 tone
> break Vs CoRe 5 inch coil 40 tone break shows that
> the ability of the CoRe machine to bleed tones and
> roll them does unmasking extremely well...
>
>
> we have to look at the physical nature of new coil
> designs...and continously tone instead of one tone
> only at a time report...
>
>
> now with that said....the DEUS is the world class
> iron unmasker..it does it with alot of variable
> settings user defined...
>
> the secrets lie in the audio report though it so
> seems...NUANCES...
>
> And for the DEUS to be able to take full advantage
> of that audio in unmasking a Small HOT coil design
> would prove to be stellar I personally Feel..
>
> there's a culmination of NEW ways of reporting and
> processing upon us here of late..
>
> and make no mistakes the T2 spurred the revolution
> we are now seeing...Company's are compounding off
> the original design and reworking the weak areas
> and also adding their own think tank ideas on
> it...
>
> But in short yes the small coil on a CoRe can see
> things in iron thst the 9 or 11 cant see on the
> DEUS..BUT ITS UNDERSTANDABLE WHY...Even the Mighty
> DEUS can reach saturation overload from iron..
>
> Keith

Thanks for the reply.

Learning a lot around here so thanks to all.
Got some more run time on the CoRe..

And I must say its a scorcher...Build quality second to non...

never dug such small targets at depth and also in iron...

Dont Know how they have a 15Khz machine tuned to such small targets...

and coin sized targets at 9-10 inches sound like other machines hitting targets at 3 inches..very powerful....very good audio definition...very descriptive..

All metal mode is very smooth....I dug a rare Selma Lube groove bullet in that mode in open ground good soil at the 15 inch mark...a nice solid all metal threshold waiver...very smooth...using the 13x15 coil...

Disc Mode. Pack stud at 9 inches with that coil sounded like it was under the pinestraw...on the DEUS it sounded like it was a whisper...so thats how hot the disc mode audio is..

Machine is very modulated though.. so deepies may drop in volume but still be loud clear solid signal...

Good non ferrous dont like to report as iron at depth in mineral like some units...

Stock coil works thick iron very well....and still has depth in iron..very tight coil..... dug a flattened .58 caliber bullet yesterday with that coil at 10 inches loud and clear in a house site...nails were in the hole...open spot been swung over for years...banged out clear...60 sens..

Small coil 4.7x5.3 in iron has amazing non ferrous target reports...all sites I go to come alive with tagets in beds of nails. some in the 6 inch range or more.. and theres no mistake when its a good hit...almost all the targts I am recovering ar smaller than a half dime...other machines are not seeing these tagets in the nails....eye opener..

thats another thing...you wont drive this machine into the upper 90s....after 95 the spurious noise will kick in....but even on a setting of 50 in two tone the machine is really cooking...when you increase the sens you will get it to really start to false on the deep iron....Yet still manageable but needs to be known this is a HOT unit....use the sens wisely in the 2 tone mode...in 3 tone its works off of different algorithims it so seems.. its not hyper like 2 tone....2 tone is the RELIC mode...hence the Term SCORCHER..

Keith
Keith thanks for the update. It is a hot detector for sure. It is about as close as you can get to PI with a VLF in my opinion. I keep mine next to the door. Makes it easy to grab and go. I like the fact that the audio tells you size and makes it easy to pull those small targets. I plan to get the Fors Gold soon just so I will have all the options they offer. Two tone is killer and deep. Shallow targets will overload easy, even on small targets. Looking forward to a video if you get time and have an extra hand...

Tom in SC
Hey Tom...

I talked to them down at the factory...

they said if you had the CoRe you dont need the Gold...

Didnt try to sell me one either so I respect that... they said the CoRe would also work on the wet salt beach with the COG mode as a bonus...

Keith
Heh Keith...I just received mine today and got it assembled...very excited to try it out this weekend...from what I have seen in vids and reading, seems to be kinda like a combo T2/F75 (raw depth) and G2 (VCO audio)...you agree? In your hunt in DI2 where are you typically running the sens?
Thanks for the update Keith.

I have a request when you have time if I may.

Remember a while back there was a guy on Treasurenet that was testing the Deus against the CTX where he had a dime I believe it was with 2x4 beside it and a 2 1/2 nail laying on the 2x4 at about 1 1/2 inches away. The Deus would hit the dime (might have been a quarter) but the CTX would not.

Hope I got that right.

Anyway if you can give it a try with the Forks Core using both the stock coil and small coil. Would love to know your results.

Can't help but think you will be surprised with the results.

Pac Man
were i live some gound have hot rock and some do not have hot rock how do Forks Core do on hot rock on my se pro it sound like silver coins
keith will it hit all your test garden coins
Hey Arte...

I removed 52 trees out fo my yard... so I lost my test target's...when the stumps were ground up it created a mess...

So I am working on a new type test plot..

My 2 ft cache is safe though....and the CoRe is hitting it very very well with stock coil and large coil...

Im working on a above ground test box with local dirt....going to have it so i can slide coins in and out on a dowel...

Skinner no problem with Hotrocks....I hear you on the Explorer ringing on them .. they are tough a times to figure out on that machine...

Pacman I will see what I can come up with ..Give me some time...Im very busy as of late...at least Fall softball for my daughter just ended...

Paleo...Its hotter than a F75 T2 in the dirt...more accurate I.D. at depth...Audio is more like a GMP with added VCO like a G2...

lots of great things rolled into one unit...

Good luck Paleo...Watch the all metal mode...Its insane. deeep....the Visual target I.D. works in that mode also

Weird to say but the flashlight is AWESOME...Too!!!

Keith
Hey Keith,did you tried 7 audio response on deus?this mode amplifies the deep faint good signals but also the weak false signals so must be tamed somehow..xp staff advice me to stay in 88 GB and disc 6.8 at least...if you tried please let us know

Liaso
Pac-man request video added (elevated iron test)
October 30, 2014 09:36PM
Hey Pac-man heres the test...

I watched the video you asked about and replicated it rather quickly...

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2014 09:39PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Fors CoRe Thoughts and Testing Videos
October 30, 2014 10:20PM
Thanks for the test Keith. As you were doing the test with the bigger coil and the nails end to end facing the dime I was thinking the smaller coil would hit the dime. Glad you did it.

Thanks, El