Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Fors Gold and Deus finds,

Posted by Old California 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Fors Gold and Deus finds,
October 19, 2014 05:15PM
Hit a couple of sites with both the Fors Gold and Deus, These finds are from California gold fields.

Stuck with the stock coil on the Fors Gold, Somehow didn't make time for the smaller or larger coils. Was using the stock 9" coil for the Deus, Both detectors did extremely well no issues with mineralization. These recent finds are the top pic.

Also stopped by to visit an old friend, Took a picture of a display of finds I have gave him 7-8 years ago. These finds came from his property one of them an 1852 $5 gold coin along with a few seated and many cache coins. He displays this in his living room, Brought back great memories when I seen it again.

Thanks for looking,
Paul

Re: Nokta Fors Gold and Deus finds,
October 19, 2014 05:28PM
We have engineers, plumbers, pastors, businessmen, tradesmen and all manner of folks on This forum - but you sir, are an artist. I love that display.

Since I am no artist, but a retired business person, i have to admit that right after I got over being stunned by how good it looked, I thought about how that was a great way to turn a bunch of artifacts which would be lying in a drawer or box into a product which could be sold for good money on ebay or a flea market.

Sadly, I am a philistine.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
October 19, 2014 06:06PM
That is why you can detect there when others cannot. How many people would have turned that gold coin over to the property owner? Good going Paul.
October 19, 2014 07:20PM
Thanks Rick and Steve,

When possible, Finds go back to the property owner after putting together a display case for the finds. Sometimes, Takes several years to recover enough finds to complete the display then hand over what really is property of theirs. Have put together about 6-7 displays for different property owners, Gobs of seated even my first Bust coin (1835 1/2 dime) went back to the property owner.

In this case with the 1852 $5 gold coin, The property owner trusted me on his property and during this time slowly build up a collection of finds from his property. Then, The $5 gold coin surfaced and when it did was so excited knowing this piece would enhance the display so within two weeks handed over the display to the property owner. Then, Over the years since we have become good friends.

The lock inside the gold coin display and the recent find above are both civil war era locks (Davenport Mallory & Co.) made the locks. Two cool finds made from two different locations, Yet back in the 1850's the owner at the time owned all of this land.

Anyway, Love the Fors Gold it's an exceptional detector for relic hunting. Kind of kicking myself for my testing the smaller coil even mounted another lower shaft to it but somehow didn't make time to use it, It could have enhanced weaker signals masked by iron.

Thanks again,

Paul (Ca)
October 19, 2014 10:10PM
Very very nice Paul.
October 19, 2014 10:22PM
Great finds,being able to search Gold Rush era country is a thrill in itself,good of you to share finds with the property owner.Our Gold Rush was right after yours, so many of those same miners came this way.I like searching for Chinese camps.Nokta Fors Gold is on the get list.Nice displays,good hunts.
October 20, 2014 12:28AM
Wow that is a great display and your hunt today is great makes me wish I still had some of the places to hunt a few years ago..but I have one place that I have been holding off on will get back there as the weather cools and snakes go back to sleep

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 20, 2014 03:13AM
Nice Lock Paul...Predate's 1864...D.M. & Co. is 1861-1864 Davenport and Mallory...

If the locks have M&W it starts after 1864 company merged...

I like those 4 holers Too!!

Couple of nice Sash buckles too!!

Commendable of you to give the 5 dollar piece to the owner...I would of probably bought him one and kept the found one though...Dang that would of been hard to do...Yet at the same time awesome to be able to do it...

Keith
October 20, 2014 07:11AM
Thanks ozzie, beau, Lowboy and Keith,

Ozzie, Most of these finds had to beat them out of the ground. Ground is so hard left many good signals behind, Will have to dig these up in the future when the ground softens up.

beau, If you already have the Deus and I think that's all the machine you need for relic hunting. The Fors Gold is extremely good and fares great against the Deus, The Deus has a little more features to enhance performance. And yes you're right allot of miners from the Mariposa area went future up north to your area some even went on to Oregon.

Lowboy, You live in an old area and have done well with finding relics and such. Still have one of your first videos, Well made and view it once in a while.

Keith, You're right both locks are from 1861 to 1864 era. It was easy giving away the $5 gold piece, Having the mindset that finds belong to the property owner easers the urge to keep them. Makes life so much more enjoyable taking away the stress, And opens up more territory for lifetime hunting when other property owners get word finds are being returned.

Thanks again everyone,
Paul (ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 07:13AM by Old California.
October 20, 2014 12:55PM
Paul......... you are the epitome of:

It is not the 'FIND'.

It is the THRILL-of-the-find!
October 20, 2014 03:29PM
Thanks Tom,

You hit the nail on the head (It is not the 'FIND'...It is the THRILL-of-the-find!)

Those are about the same words I share with fellow hunters, (Making the find will far outweigh the find itself, These finds are memories to cherish for a lifetime).

What I have found is it opens up doors for old sites, One can have a lifetime of places to hunt if they follow this route of giving back finds.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)
October 20, 2014 03:33PM
Ok Paul that changes everything...If yall were under the agreement the finds were his...then no problem..

Man has to stick by his word no matter what....

Great Awesome Coin and find of a lifetime..Glad the Guy appreciates it and keeps it displayed...

Keith
October 20, 2014 04:14PM
Hello Keith,

With the Gold coin, seated and other relics recovered from this particular site. No agreement was made he was ok with me keeping the finds. After a few trips in the finds were getting better so it's here I mentioned to the owner that I would be putting a display together for him, Was hoping to get a few more seated to toss in the display then the gold coin surfaced.

This last find would be enough to enhance the display enough that no more seated coins would make a difference so it was here decided to compete the display and give it to him on my next trip up to gold country, So two weeks later presented the cool display. He had already new I found the gold coin before giving him the display, Left a message on his door when I was leaving his property and called him that night. Believe me he was very excited from reading the message left on his door when he returned.

Since them, We have become good friends and he has no problem with me bringing a friend or two when hunting there.

HH, Paul (Ca)
October 21, 2014 10:15AM
Very nice Paul - looks like a lot of fun for sure,

and very good of you to put the display together for the property owner with the gold piece included.

I'll bet he was a happy man when accepting that box/display of goodies ;-)

Congrats on all the finds.
October 22, 2014 06:55AM
Thanks Wayne,

Looking forward to getting out again with the Fors Gold, Would like to use both the smaller coil for relic hunting and the larger coil for park hunting see if it can punch down deep for silver.

Thanks again,
Paul
October 22, 2014 01:15PM
Paul,
How do you get all those items and notes to stay put inside the case? And so nicely.
October 22, 2014 07:41PM
Hello Rod,

Use Elmer's glue and thin wire to fasten the heavier relics to the board, Elmer's glue dries invisible so no trace of glue is present. As an example, Can glue a cluster of pistol and musket balls together and no trace of glue will be present after the glue dries.

With the heavier relics, Drill holes on the board and fasten these through the tiny holes on the board connected with thin wire to the backs of the relics.

Thanks!

Paul
October 22, 2014 11:07PM
Good to know Paul...wondered that myself. Good question, Rod-man.