Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New F75

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New F75
October 22, 2014 03:27PM
I was thinking about the new Fisher F75 and I was really hard on Fisher for taking so long to come out with this upgrade...but I want to say I'm sorry for some of the things I wrote. Tom and a lot of you seem to love the Fisher and my thoughts are. If it really took them all this time to make this machine so much better and it will help hunters find more targets and go back to hunted our areas and find masked targets then I am all for it and hope that this is a game changer for them and everyone that upgrades or buys one. I look forward to reading on this forum all the great finds you guys dig and how much better it works in iron.

LowBoy

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: New F75
October 22, 2014 04:54PM
maybe you should just go ahead and get yourself one, do some head-to-head in-field comparisons with your Deus and see how it turns out...

other folks reports are good but can in no way take the place of your own actual experiences...
October 22, 2014 05:47PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was thinking about the new Fisher F75 and I was
> really hard on Fisher for taking so long to come
> out with this upgrade...but I want to say I'm
> sorry for some of the things I wrote. Tom and a
> lot of you seem to love the Fisher and my
> thoughts are. If it really took them all this time
> to make this machine so much better and it will
> help hunters find more targets and go back to
> hunted our areas and find masked targets then I am
> all for it and hope that this is a game changer
> for them and everyone that upgrades or buys one. I
> look forward to reading on this forum all the
> great finds you guys dig and how much better it
> works in iron.
>
> LowBoy

I would have held the mea culpa until after the details on the upgrade are announced smiling smiley
October 22, 2014 06:08PM
The upgrade from SE/LTD should be mostly new software. I suspect the reason no upgrade from original F-75 to SE/LTD was offered is because it involved new hardware, which means a new board since you basically don't switch out parts on a modern surface mount circuit board if you can help it.

It will be very interesting to see if their first ever upgrade program reaches all the way back 7 years and includes some option for the F-75 base model.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2014 06:14PM by lytle78.
October 22, 2014 06:19PM
I guess the only thing I could knock them on is that we were pretty clear with feedback to FT/Dave J. that there were some serious issues with EMI blowing out the F75, and on the FIndmall forums he kind of shrugged it off as a normal event.

After all that, it's nice to at least see they acknowledge it was an issue, and, apparently have a fix. I hope that my F75 LTD will benefit from this upgrade, as it'll open up some potential detecting spots.
October 22, 2014 08:36PM
Dave is a great engineer but doesn't metal detect. Hopefully they address this issue. Does Carl detect?
October 22, 2014 11:21PM
He does, but not much time for it lately.
October 23, 2014 01:52AM
Does anyone know if the F75 does better on bottlecaps with the concentric coil, or does it not make a difference?
October 23, 2014 02:02AM
Dave has gave us alot of great detectors throughout his career..

Very admirable...

Keith
October 23, 2014 05:43AM
It drops the ID of the bottlecaps down, when used at moderate sensitivity.
It is also a great coil for pinpointing.
Mostly use it when hunting for fresh drops in non mineralised parks.

Very honest ID coil.

HH
Johnb
October 23, 2014 02:44PM
I am like a kid at Christmas waiting for details of the upgrade. I love my F75 and have found lots of great things with it. I had to start carrying a second detector, usually my CZ3d, in case EMI wiped out the F75. I learned to sort through the constant barrage of pops and crackles to pull the good signals. If early results are any indicator Fisher has beat the EMI issue with these upgrades. So looking forward to using a quieter F75 next season. Hoping details come out soon on the procedure but happy that it is going to happen.

Don
HH
October 27, 2014 07:18AM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The upgrade from SE/LTD should be mostly new
> software. I suspect the reason no upgrade from
> original F-75 to SE/LTD was offered is because it
> involved new hardware, which means a new board
> since you basically don't switch out parts on a
> modern surface mount circuit board if you can help
> it.
>
> It will be very interesting to see if their first
> ever upgrade program reaches all the way back 7
> years and includes some option for the F-75 base
> model.

do believe ya gotta better chance of hittin' the lottery on that one!
hope springs eternal!

(h.h.!)
j.t.