Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any one know about these custom made depth demons...

Posted by silverhound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Any one know about these custom made depth demons...
October 24, 2014 12:08AM
Re: Any one know about these custom made depth demons...
October 24, 2014 02:02AM
He says in the right sand so not dirt, I don't think 20 inch tuned is true and he doesn't say what kind of target at 20"

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 24, 2014 03:54AM
Yes, the Aquasound is manufactured by the Bulgarian over on Treasurenet. The price is about right. Very deep machine for beach hunting only. It can recognize a bottlecap, so they never have to be dug. It is actually a Nautilus with some of the parts removed. Now, this is important so take note, it can not be used where there is any amount of black sands on a beach. So basically you can use on some beaches in Florida such as Miami Beach and some of the Carribean Islands, but not many other places. This machine hates black sand and will not function well in it. Les in Fla. ownes one (from the same site as the Bulgarian), so I am sure he would not mind answering any questions that you have if interested in this machine. Also, the repairs are very expensive through the Bulgarian. Nautilus was repairing them at a much cheaper price, but not sure they are still in business now.
October 25, 2014 01:32AM
The Aquasound is used by the Bulgarian, not built by him. The 20" they are talking about is the depth on a quarter. This is in non-mineralized sand, free of any blacksand. A person just learning the Aquasound would have a difficult time getting 20" deep, because the audio is very weak at those depths. It uses the TR side of the circuit board design that is in the Nautilus DMC 2B. Jerry Tyndall had a lot of input in working out the bugs so it would work to its best potential in saltwater areas of South FL. Its best attribute for hunters in S. FL. was its ability to ignore rusty bottlecaps or other iron type targets. On iron it gives you a drop in the threshold, but because of the automatic retune you get a sort of boing sound when the threshold returns. While any other non-ferrous metal will give you a sharp increase in the threshold, with the loudness of the signal dependant on how deep the target is. A good target sounds similar to a vlf detector being run with a threshold in all metal. I know the builder of the Aquasound, and have seen his log of gold finds found over the years since the development of the Aquasound. Most people would say I am lying if I tried to give a estimate of all the gold and other items he has found. So, I wont bother. If anyone has been hunting back when the TR detectors were the only game in town, they understand why a TR detector is not a very good choice if you are hunting mineralized ground. But in some cases such as S. FL. and other beaches that are non-mineralized a high powered TR detector like the Aquasound can produce some amazeing depths. Comparable to some PI detectors, but you have the ability to not dig iron with the Aquasound. Thought I would throw this out there for anyone who wants to learn a little bit about this detector, without all the conjecture of people that haven't used this detector. Mark
October 25, 2014 02:27AM
Thanks Mark. My mistake on the Bulgarian. Heard good things on this machine. Looked hard at buying one. Just could not justify the cost for me. I might get to a beach that it would be usable once a year at most . Now if I lived at Miami Beach or in the Carribean Islands then it would be worth every penny to me. You did a better explanation than I on this detector and it's ability.