Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The F75SE is one he!! of a detector

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The F75SE is one he!! of a detector
October 27, 2014 03:46AM
Fisher and its flagship F75/Ltd/SE has taken its lumps lately on this forum but today I fell in love with mine all over again. Joe Johnston's army moved toward Greensboro after engaging Sherman's army at Bentonville. Johnston's troops encamped over a fairly large area encircling Greensboro. I'm from this area and didn't learn of these camps till roughly 2 years ago. Thirty years ago I was traveling to VA and eastern NC to do my CW detecting.

Anyway, I've been detecting one of these sites over the past month, having now spent 4 half-days there. Twice I've carried the F75SE and twice, the Deus. Today was the F75's turn. These sites were pounded heavily for years and years before I even heard about them. I've run into some other hunters during my forays who detected these sites years ago. Some recent construction work has brought them back. With 3 or 4 souls detecting, a minie ball or two or three were found each day I was there. But not by me. I did find a small flat button two weeks ago, the smallest flat button I've seen. It's a bit smaller than a dime.

Well, today with the F75SE, I managed to find an Enfield and a three ringer that had laid where I found them for 149 years and 6 months (or there abouts). And it had been roughly 29 years since I had found my last minie ball. I felt that I had a bullet jinx on me and I had been working my fanny off trying to shake that jinx. Well, today I finally did it. Or rather, the F75 and I did it. What a relief! And what a thrill to see those bullets laying in the dirt! Recovery depth was approx. 7 inches.

An interesting note, to me anyway, is that I just read in the owner's manual this morning that the F75 is best used at a fast swing which will result in optimum signal and more accurate VDI. Well, that's what I did. I swung that sucker fast and covered lots of ground. It really is quite a detector! My setup was, for anyone interested, bP process, 85 sensitivity, 6 Discrimination, 1F tones. I noted, at one point, that mineralization in the area was .3 on the scale. With sensitivity at 85 and Discrim at 6, there was some audio liveliness but it was quite manageable.

Thanks for reading. Thanks for looking.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: The F75SE is one he!! of a detector
October 27, 2014 05:27AM
Congrats on the finds for sure!!!

nothing worng with the F75 SE ....great unit...

Is that a .69 3ringer on the right ? cant tell in the pic...

Funny I was dreaming last night of getting into a camp about 30 miles below the house here and digging .69 caliber three ringer's....Then My wife woke me up for breakfast DANG IT!!!!...I could see it plain as day...Need to ride down that way and check the spot out..LOL!!

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2014 05:24PM by Keith Southern.
October 27, 2014 10:52AM
Thanks, Keith. No, it's a somewhat flattened 58.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
October 27, 2014 03:27PM
As long as you have a great detector nothing is ever hunted out...and understanding iron is the key

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 27, 2014 07:28PM
That and why a woman would wake you up while you are pinpointing a target. Iron is easier to understand than women... usually!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
October 27, 2014 09:20PM
Ha Ha!! lol. I hope the breakfast was worth the interruption, Keith.
October 28, 2014 12:44AM
The F75se is a good unit. I think many run sensitvity too high when using big coil hence emi/noisy machine. The cache mode is a mode that needs to be run more by users with about 50-60 sensitivity in fields and such. Put the small coil on and go to cache mode and air test a dime. You will be surprised. Just sweep real slow. This would be a good thing to do after you get sorta tired especially in an area that has already showed promise with shallower finds. Cache mode doesn't seem to be as EMI sensitive which is a plus.