Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Get your shingles shot..

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Get your shingles shot..
October 27, 2014 02:43PM
Haven't been out since July as the Missus had a stroke and shortly after an lung operation to remove a cancerous tumor. God works in mysterious ways and had she not had the stroke never would have caught the malignant tumor very small and curable. She is back home and getting better as I speak and thought finally would get a few days in swinging. Just diagnosed with shingles of the face so I guess there is always next year. Wish all forum members the best and hope all is well on your end....but again shingles can be prevented so just a friendly reminder...
Re: Get your shingles shot..
October 27, 2014 05:38PM
Dan------We will hold both your wife & you up in our prayers.-------God Bless both of you.-----------Del & Patsy
October 27, 2014 07:19PM
Just a note of reality: Shingles AND Influenza inoculations are at best about 50% effective. This is from the people who make and provide the stuff (and as cited by the CDC). It will help, sure, but there are NO guarantees of protection in spite of the advertising to lead one to believe otherwise.

Along this line 75 cents from every inoculation goes into a fund to pay reparations to those damaged by same. Why is this still being done if they are PERFECTLY safe? Google NCVIA and VAERS to learn more. Billions of dollars have gone through this system according to their own public records.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
October 27, 2014 09:30PM
Getting old ain't for sissies....Bill Cosby. Hope everything works out for you and your dear wife, Dan....hang in there ole boy.
October 27, 2014 10:50PM
My father is in his eighties. He is one tuff old guy. I never saw him cry my entire life until he had shingles. A 50 % chance is better than none.
October 28, 2014 01:40AM
Unless the shot kills you or causes other slightly less extreme side effects as has happened more than a few times.
October 28, 2014 02:31AM
Google (or any search engine) is your friend.

Here's what I found.

If you are over 60, it might be a good idea to get the vaccination. It costs about $220 if you have no insurance or medicare.

The side effects are limited

Make up your own mind

I am soon 68, and have had radiation trearment (a negative factor for getting the shot). I had chicken pox (a positive for getting the shot) and am generally healthy and have a fairly well proven immune system - I'll pass.

As far as I know, no known metal detector is of any use diagnosing this ailment or assessing the likelihood that you will develp it.

Now, for me Nyway, back to metal detecting.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2014 02:54AM by lytle78.
October 28, 2014 05:07AM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Haven't been out since July as the Missus had a
> stroke and shortly after an lung operation to
> remove a cancerous tumor. God works in mysterious
> ways and had she not had the stroke never would
> have caught the malignant tumor very small and
> curable. She is back home and getting better as I
> speak and thought finally would get a few days in
> swinging. Just diagnosed with shingles of the face
> so I guess there is always next year. Wish all
> forum members the best and hope all is well on
> your end....but again shingles can be prevented so
> just a friendly reminder...

may god hold you both in the palm of his ever loving hand!

(h.h.!)
j.t.