Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question for the Deus users..........

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question for the Deus users..........
October 29, 2014 12:38AM
There are some places I have the opportunity to hunt that are Ga. red clay over pitch black dirt. The question is about ground balance actually. When in auto the Deus will ease down to a mineralization reading of 65 or as low as 58. Never seen this before. When in manual even, I always try to stay rather close to the number the machine is reading adjusting it periodically. Now there is a ton of less than a hundred year old modern trash on the sites also. Could the amount of trash and iron be causing the machine to think it is seeing mineralization when in fact it is seeing thousands of pieces of junk? Would I be better off to just stay in a modest 80 ground balance range than to delve this low into the ground balance spectrum?
Re: Question for the Deus users..........
October 29, 2014 01:05AM
I have seen my deus when in tracking go as low as 64/65. I would suggest walking around in your site in all metal for a short period and watch the number. This way you can listen to the amount of iron and if the mineralization # stays pretty low like in the mid 70's for an average that is what I would try to run to search. I think you have some pretty warm ground to search. I think Keith Southern has stated that reactivity 3 silencer -1 seemed to punch the warmer ground pretty good as long as you are running version 3.2 on your deus. Good Luck.