Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Want to hear from F75 upgraders

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Want to hear from F75 upgraders
October 31, 2014 04:41AM
Ok, when you get your F75 upgraded, here's the thread to post your take on the upgrade. What machine do you have? What are your results after the upgrade?
Less EMI? Any effect on depth? Any effect on target separation? What was your total turn around time from shipping your detector to receiving it? Your overall satisfaction with the upgrade?
Thanks.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: Want to hear from F75 upgraders
November 08, 2014 05:26PM
no upgrades yet? has fisher even started doing them?

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

November 08, 2014 05:31PM
They said OCT not it's Nov if you want to grow you company it is best to let the customer what is going on and why there is a delay...maybe another problem.... Made in the USA?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 08, 2014 08:31PM
makes me suspicious too. Assembled in the usa?
November 08, 2014 09:02PM
I am keeping my F75Se the way it is.
November 08, 2014 09:57PM
I think lowboy meant french made are better.
November 08, 2014 10:02PM
lowboy you posted on a forum that had people who had received their machines and number cards where they were in line.
November 09, 2014 03:12AM
F75 S.E. & T2 S.E... both with the EMI free modes...

The new machines are Quite Quiet..

The FA Mode on the F75 is really starting to impress me in iron...With small coil...Ive got alot of time on the F75 and the FA mode coupled with no EMI isues is very Sleuthy...

Keith
November 09, 2014 03:51PM
yes, keith, but are yours upgrades or new/pre-pro machines?

Pleasant Garden, NC

November 09, 2014 04:45PM
I wonder if there is a price to pay for it being quite meaning what do you give up if anything...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

November 09, 2014 04:46PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> F75 S.E. & T2 S.E... both with the EMI free
> modes...
>
> The new machines are Quite Quiet..
>
> The FA Mode on the F75 is really starting to
> impress me in iron...With small coil...Ive got
> alot of time on the F75 and the FA mode coupled
> with no EMI isues is very Sleuthy...
>
> Keith

Keith, just curious how you can, while having so many high-end detectors that currently 'have your interest', have the time needed to 'get serious' with all of them....
I'm just using one right now and learning each time I get out while you seem to be juggling several units all at once...how can you do that?
I'm thinking of adding the new F75 to my G2 next spring but can imagine the new F will be getting all of my time....just trying to figure it out....
November 09, 2014 05:23PM
You notice that you never see Keith's face in these videos? I don't believe for one minute that he is only one person. Except for one manly arm and his downhome voice overs, there is absolutly no evidence that he isn't actually a flock of cloned detector mavens.

Sorry Keith LOL

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
November 09, 2014 09:48PM
Actually once youve detected for basically your whole life (seriously) and only have one area that intrest you .. you can tell pretty quick if the machine is decent for task at hand or not....now If I hunted modern trash Like CANSLAW ( great name).....I would be in for quite the ride im afraid...

And to be honest with you its not no secret gift or talent its the simple fact when you spend thousands of hours messing with detectors its no different than a mechanic noticing whats wrong with your car by hearing it run....

Most all detectors are about equal I have found, just some FOR ME have a feature or freq that I want to use and try to see what it can do....Theres things that will happen to every metal detector by the law of physics.. you cant change that.

And I can also become quite bored with whats available ....I saw the times years ago when a red baron was all I needed to keep my pouches full....Its not like that anymore....detectors are making advances yet slow....Im convinced theres still more in the ground than has been found to date combined but we are stagnant...and that makes me Hungry ...That's the reason I love iron it offer's a challenge to occupy my time till something comes along to make detecting sites be reopened like they are virgin...

I LOVE TO HUNT plain and simple, and I LOVE TO USE ALL EQUIPMENT I CAN GET MY HANDS ON plain and simple ...

I like to hunt in a manner that others may find eccentric on inane but my lifelong desire is to swing a coil...

I at times wish I wasnt cursed to go through life obsessed with something...I can sort of see how an addict must feel yet for me on a lesser scale..

I was at a outdoor wedding a couple of weekends ago and I was trying to figure out if some depressions in the ground were trench lines....never did hear a minute of the service...sad but true..

By the way theres alot of great machines made... the T2 and F75 and G2 Omega AT's 705s CTXs Deeptech, XP's,etrac explorers Nokta Tejon bandido MXT well you get the Idea....also great pulse machines....ATX/Infinium TDI GPX make sure there ground balancing P.I's ...

No reason for anyone with a mdoern machine not to make some finds...just use the equipment wisely...they all report targets about the same ...its up to us the end user to put that report to use...

Now what was your question canslaw??LOL!!!

Keith
November 09, 2014 10:15PM
So Keith - you persist in claiming that you are one person and not some detector apocalypse band of clones?

So be it

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
November 09, 2014 11:01PM
"Outdoor Wedding" ((( Man after my heart! /// Same boat! )))
November 10, 2014 12:41AM
There is a place in San Francisco that has weddings and photo shoots all the time this is a famous place out doors. I went one morning at about 5:30 and hunted and found six gold rings with diamonds about a hand full of silver rings that were nice with fancy stones and a few platnuim rings. Also I filled my bag with so many coins I had to go to the SUV twice to empty them...That was a fun day in the city have not been back there for a few years now...

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

November 10, 2014 12:50AM
thanks for the reply Keith. I only started in 2007, and only hunt trashy Toronto parks (canuks love to toss aluminum cans around here, which get slaughtered by the mowers)....
The G2 (with 5x10) is perfect for this (vco + id) but I'm getting bored also and will try the F75 next season (freeze is coming up fast here).
We do have some parks that date to the mid-late 1800's here so as you (and Tom) say I really think that there are some good older finds to be made.
This season I was fooled by a deep part of a horseshoe but damn, there was a (beat up) 1886 vicky quarter under it! only the second one I've found.
So you never know....but don't get carried away with your new 4800 as I enjoy hearing about your results with the F75...

cheers...canslaw
November 10, 2014 01:09AM
I have not read much about hunters getting the upgrade. I wonder what is going on and wonder when Fisher is going to release a new flagship..Nothing wrong having the F75 and getting the upgrade and then finding out a new machine is coming out.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

November 10, 2014 02:45PM
Holding on to mine till I see some being return. There should be some returned soon or I expect to hear some grumbling.
November 10, 2014 02:48PM
Wayne, it might be a good idea to start a new thread, entitled "Want to hear from F75 upgraders".
November 11, 2014 12:11PM
ah, pimento, wink, it's all good!

Pleasant Garden, NC

November 11, 2014 02:05PM
None out there yet.
November 11, 2014 02:23PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> "Outdoor Wedding" ((( Man after my heart! ///
> Same boat! )))

My wife is surprised how much I suddenly appreciate the age and layout of the old properties we see as we drive around our area......home styles, building methods, foundation types....
November 13, 2014 05:43PM
Seeing post on another forum that several upgraded F75 are on the truck for delivery. Let the reviews begin
November 13, 2014 08:12PM
My brand new one is coming Monday.
November 13, 2014 09:21PM
Mine is in the mail but not sure on arrival til ups updates
November 27, 2014 02:01PM
Any reviews of the upgrade?
December 01, 2014 08:11PM
Tom, have you swung an upgraded F75LTD2 yet?
December 01, 2014 11:00PM
Its quiet... Its powerful...Its fast in FA mode...

If a person wants to run a F75 quietly its a no brainer..

could they of done more ? Sure!! and I wish they had.But the F75 as far as EMI and smoothness is a pleasure to run wihthout all the noise..

I Know it will punch deep in below 3 bar F.E. dirt...

I like the ability while in two tone to have my high tone really high!

I have a Fisher 5x10 DD coil on the way for mine...we will see what that brings to the plate in trash...

Keith
December 02, 2014 06:57AM
Keith Southern Wrote:

> could they of done more ? Sure!! and I wish they
> had.

Go on...
What is it, Keith, you wish Fisher/FT had done that they didn't do?
Would this apply to the upgrades or just a new machine?

Pleasant Garden, NC