Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Updated Black F75LTD

Posted by mascard1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Updated Black F75LTD
November 18, 2014 12:02AM
Coming tomorrow(Tuesday)......we will see..............Nineteen day turn around.....mine was order #230

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2014 12:06AM by mascard1.
Re: Updated Black F75LTD
November 18, 2014 12:34AM
Let us all know what you think of the upgrade. I am waiting to send mine in as there is no rush as the detecting is done here in Wisconson for 4 months or so.

ArtWI
November 18, 2014 12:34AM
Hey Michael-----Now get out there & give it a good work out.-----Give us a full report--good, bad & ugly---warts & all.-----Don't spare us nuthin!!! ha------------Del
November 19, 2014 02:41AM
Well got it...Have not tried it yet!....just played with it..........hope it was worth the money?........Don't think ..I will send in my other one(Cameo F75)...or my Cameo T2.....Maybe my mind will be changed when ..I use it?
November 19, 2014 03:46AM
Got my camo ltd se back from upgrading last week. Took it out for a test run. I dont have much experience with the f75 but did read through the manual and understand all the functions and navigation etc. One thing I noticed on mine, there is no discernable difference in EMI reduction in 9.1 vs 9.0. I tested several modes with settings the same and would drop sensitivity down until stabilization and the numbers were the same in both. Also ran through all frequencies as well. That being said, the unit as a whole runs more stable than before the upgrade. I would say that EMI sensitivity is about the same as my F19 and O8 v4. Was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Also, all parts upgraded are black, no camo for those who have them.
November 19, 2014 10:59AM
What? They've changed some of your hardware? Could you be more specific?
November 19, 2014 01:37PM
I should have been more specific. They don't have camo faceplates. Only black. Good deal for those who have scratched up screens i suppose.
November 19, 2014 02:50PM
OK, that's acceptable, I guess. I wonder what other things they might do? I'm thinking of things such as tweaking the coil null (under the cover at the 'heel' of the 11 x 7 coil), changing the battery springs if it was one of the weak-spring units, adding the water-resistant O-ring(?) seal on the control-housing, maybe other things, like ferrites on the cables between the PCB and coil connector.
November 19, 2014 03:39PM
The ID was much better and tighter in 9.0 vs 9.1 for me on buried test garden 7" dime and 8" quarter. The audible EMI was not different but perhaps DST is still helping inaudible EMI or the slower process gives better depth and thus tighter ID. Not sure. I have brand new LTD2 and have never had a F75 so its all new to me.

99sens BP 4h gb64 v9.1 F6

8" quarter - 70-90 bouncy ID
7" dime - 60-80 bouncy ID

99sen BP 4h gb64 v9.0 F6

8" quarter - 80-85 ID
7" dime - 70-75 ID

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2014 03:42PM by detectingMO.
November 20, 2014 01:12AM
Mine was in great shape..for some reason..they put silicone on the screws ..behind faceplate????...(back of machine)

Pimento Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK, that's acceptable, I guess. I wonder what
> other things they might do? I'm thinking of things
> such as tweaking the coil null (under the cover at
> the 'heel' of the 11 x 7 coil), changing the
> battery springs if it was one of the weak-spring
> units, adding the water-resistant O-ring(?) seal
> on the control-housing, maybe other things, like
> ferrites on the cables between the PCB and coil
> connector.
November 20, 2014 08:08AM
My machine is an old one, and doesn't have anything covering the 4 screws on the control-box case, but I'm sure I read somewhere that later units had rubber sealing plugs pushed in behind the screws, and a seal around the join between the case halves.
November 20, 2014 10:07AM
All interesting
November 20, 2014 09:11PM
my new f75 ltd 2 and repaired ETP both have the silicone over the screws heads. I'm impressed with the repair. Needed new pin point button. got a new one, plus entire new faceplate, new coil connector on the coil, new washers and bolt for the coil, and brand new 9v battery.
November 27, 2014 12:57AM
Any update?