Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

mid tones and iffies CZ3D

Posted by Tom41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
mid tones and iffies CZ3D
November 22, 2014 11:29AM
Got out to a field Friday with the 3D. Just getting the 3D I wanted to check those iffy targets and didn't take long to learn that if it low tones and the high tone moves to different location....leave it alone.

Started working the mid tones in among the low tone. Pulled in some mid tone targets after cleaning out the iron. Had two nice repeatable (high tone) that turned out to be a brass nail and a chunk of lead. The lead at first was thought to be a flattened out 3ringer and rolled over but after cleaning it up not sure what it is. Also had two .22 bullets and one .22 case, a small piece of drip lead and a latch of some sort. Nothing major but did help in learning the unit.

Still learning the 3D but really happy with the way I can work those hard spots and pick out the good sounding targets among the iron....just takes some time. Read up alot on ground balancing the unit and it seems to have run alot smoother this time.

Re: mid tones and iffies CZ3D
November 23, 2014 01:00PM
Sounds like your enjoying the 3D, turning the volume and the sensitivity all the way up when G.B. seems to help me, then adjust back down. If I understand it right you can turn your Sens. back down but if you go back-up you need to re-ground balance?
November 25, 2014 06:53PM
Thx rap
November 26, 2014 03:02AM
No problem hope you hear that " isolated " faint deep silver signal that will really make you like the 3D, even better a high tone gold coin(still hoping for that one)! The 3D has the extra foil-tone and a tight nickel window,[?]=HELP? Tom D. recovers a mixed tone gold ring in the "INLAND DVD" and also a " text-book sounding deeper coin " ( barber quarter) & HH>&............NASA..................SAYS....................................... investigate some of the mid-tones! Thanx 4 sharing!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2014 03:27AM by rapidroy7.