Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom tuned 1021 CZ3D for sale

Posted by wjs 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
wjs
Tom tuned 1021 CZ3D for sale
November 23, 2014 12:47PM
Detector is in pretty good condition does show signs of normal use. Only air tests to about 10" but seems to go deep in my ground. Asking $525 delivered.

[www.youtube.com]
Re: Tom tuned 1021 CZ3D for sale
November 24, 2014 09:17PM
Hi Bill....I watch your videos all the time...Would you take 500..also would you accept usps money order? thanks

Jim
wjs
November 24, 2014 10:29PM
I have something in the works right now. If it doesn't work out I will let you know. Thanks.
November 25, 2014 12:21AM
Man Bill,your always wheelin' and a dealin'!
wjs
November 25, 2014 01:30PM
I was wanting to raise a little money to try the new F75 but I think I am going to keep the CZ, its just too good..........;o)
November 25, 2014 03:32PM
Yes it is good but apples to oranges to me. While my F75 has not been upgraded it is great in a several ways the 3D just cant compare. All Metal and flexible tones and screen info for a few. In video's the soil I see that you hunt in looks like minerals and iron not a concern. That is where the 3D is the best. I have had a 3D and it has its place but the F75 is just more flexible. I recommend getting a F75 for the stable.
November 25, 2014 11:55PM
Bill,
I think keeping the 3D is probably a decision you won't regret. Like another poster I read, I'm starting to get to a different point where I think all the extra flexibility and screen info just gives me reasons/excuses NOT to dig.
I'm starting to become firmly entrenched in the old school of thought; 'Dig More - Find More'. But that's just me...now. Might have a complete change of heart when my knees start to give out completely. smiling smiley

The one thing I do agree on, is that the 3D has a sweet tooth for rusty iron. Especially after a good rain. Oh, my.
But then in all fairness, the CTX gets fooled pretty regularly with rusty nails in those conditions, as well. And it can't show much more target info.

The bad mineralization we have here isn't that serious of a problem, but it does hurt depth. Ground balance on the CZs does require a little extra finesse, and is most certainly required...none of this 'set it to 5 and go' stuff.

Bottom line; if it get warm enough to go out tomorrow to hunt, the 3D with a big coil is in the 'top 2' I'll choose from.

HH,
mike

PS - Now if we could only get those PI units that can be programmed to just pick up silver and gold...
winking smiley
November 26, 2014 12:50AM
Bill, I agree on your decision to keep the cz. When I hit farm fields for the old coins, whatever's from 10 inches down, & up to the coil is mine....that's the confidence I have in the cz..... It's also easier on the eardrums.
In the thousand target per square type area, I will use the 75.
wjs
November 26, 2014 10:43PM
Thanks for the replies. I have not ruled out the F75 just don't want to get rid of the CZ. I just bought a brand new FZ12 coil for it for $200. Should be here by Friday or Saturday. Can't wait to try that out too. I know a guy who lives near me that is going to let me test his new F75 out on Friday. Will give a report after that.
November 27, 2014 08:56AM
Nice going on the 12 I hear some go for almost twice that! I have a 3D coming I am eager to play with. I think it is CZ #4 for me and I aim to keep it!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2014 05:05PM by Pasttom.
wjs
November 27, 2014 02:06PM
I wish I would not have sold the last one I had. I think it was the deepest one I have had. This one is deep too but the other one was probably an inch or more deeper in the ground. Good luck with your new one....;o)
November 27, 2014 02:46PM
Both excellent units and am sure we all have our favorites ought to cover it....