Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F 19 Settings

Posted by misipirelichtr 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F 19 Settings
November 24, 2014 05:55PM
I've just picked up a slightly used F19 and am working on the learning curve right now. A couple of questions for those of you that have used one - what Volume and V-Break settings do you recommend for relic hunting in iron infested sites? And any tips you can give for best performance? Thanks in advance.
Re: F 19 Settings
November 25, 2014 03:43AM
I read something from a dealer and he claims that the F19 is deeper then the G2. I wonder if he is trying to sell more because not many bought one or it's a sleeper?

[www.thetreasuredepot.com]

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 25, 2014 11:31AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read something from a dealer and he claims that
> the F19 is deeper then the G2. I wonder if he is
> trying to sell more because not many bought one or
> it's a sleeper?
>
> [www.thetreasuredepot.com]
> lic_config.pl?page=1;md=read;id=416238

Sounds like a sales pitch to me!
November 25, 2014 03:54PM
Run the volume about 11-15ish range, depending on how loud you want the iron to respond. There may be times you want the iron to be loud and there may be times you want the iron a little lower in volume. Just adjust it as you need to.

V-Break is also dependant on how much iron you want to dig. The official ferrous/non-ferrous cutoff is 39/40 but in truth the ferrous/non-ferrous range is a little soft, more like 34ish through 39. So a setting of 34 will knock out the majority of the small ferrous while keeping non-ferrous sounding off. If that is too high for you, dig a nail and adjust your V-break to that.

HH
Mike
November 26, 2014 07:42PM
Mike, thank you for the advice. Hope to give it a field test this weekend.
November 30, 2014 10:09PM
misipirelichtr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've just picked up a slightly used F19 and am
> working on the learning curve right now. A couple
> of questions for those of you that have used one -
> what Volume and V-Break settings do you recommend
> for relic hunting in iron infested sites? And any
> tips you can give for best performance? Thanks in
> advance.

Do you mind sharing WHERE you found a "slightly used" F19??

I've had my eye out for a good used one for a while now but they don't seem to come up for sale and I'd like to have one as a "grab & go/spare" and to keep in the truck.

Thanks for any input.

MRH
December 01, 2014 03:36PM
MRH, don't mind sharing at all. It was posted in the classifieds on another forum - I knew the seller personally and happened to be the first to call.