Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone ever run the Deus in the rain?

Posted by deathray 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone ever run the Deus in the rain?
November 26, 2014 02:37AM
Going on a weekend detecting trip with some buddies. The forecast is calling for rain. Im a little leary of swinging the deus coil in the rain. Anyone tried it???
Re: Anyone ever run the Deus in the rain?
November 26, 2014 02:49AM
Many times....

Stick the remote in a ziplock back...and it will slide back on the pole to see the I.D. if need be... just have the ziplock pointing down..I use internal speaker and no headphones..still loud enough to get by with till rain stops......or use backphones and a wide brim hat...or a shower cap if you dotn care what people think LOL!!!

if the bag starts to sweat inside open the bag on one corner...

Worked well...used in like that a few times...

no troubles..

By the way Did yall Know the New DEUS 9 inch style coils can be repaired by the owner if the coil module goes out..

On the older style DEUS 9" coil with DEUS embossed on it the battery can be changed by the user but not the board.. the New style coil with silver label can be changed out...Atl east thats what I hear !!

I got a new coil just in case Now...

Keith
November 26, 2014 03:01AM
coils can get wet go for it

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 26, 2014 03:05AM
Cool. Not usually worried about coils getting wet....but dont usually use wireless,battery powered coils,lol.
Deus in the rain?
November 26, 2014 01:29PM
I have not used the Deus, yet, in anything but a very slight misting rain that was more off than on.

Have not put it to the test, but page 3 of the Deus manual, under Technical Introduction, says "Like the remote control, the headphones contain all the components needed for detection, they are a genuine control unit in themselves, but on an ultra-miniature scale and RAIN PROOF" (my capitalization). Should we take them at their word, I don't see how XP could balk at a warranty repair/replacement for damage that occurred due to using them in the rain.

I bought a cover for my remote control from here: [www.scottishdetectorist.co.uk]
With shipping to US it came to just over $25 (US). I am pleased with the responsiveness of the membrane over the buttons, and the coverage and convenience the cover provides. I can't speak to how well the cover protects in a solid rain because I don't want to be detecting in a solid rain. But in a brief shower scenario, I believe this cover would serve quite well. And it affords excellent protection from dust, dirt, and scratches which are far more prevalent than detecting in heavy rain. Of course, YMMV.

Andy Sabisch lists another cover for the remote in his Deus handbook. It is here: [www.pro-tectors.co.uk] (I have no personal knowledge of this product.)

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
November 27, 2014 05:25AM
After a day of detecting in rain , wet ground, I will remove the coil cover and clean and dry everything off, be surprised what's in that coil cover.
November 28, 2014 01:45PM
Ray,
like Keith said, a zip-lock sandwhich bag over it works perfect. Just wrap a rubber and around the bottom so the bag is snug against the screen and call it good.

Aaron