Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Explorer handgrip replacements...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Explorer handgrip replacements...
November 26, 2014 08:35PM
We all know the original Explorer series had a poor handle grip and many ripped or wore rather quickly...would be interested how you solved the problem. I have a cloth one with a Velcro tie but fits loosely so put tape under it but looking for other ideas and can the original be bought and stretched on or does it have to be taken apart...Kind of liked the original as have a smaller hand and original was comfortable but wore
rather quickly.
Re: Explorer handgrip replacements...
November 26, 2014 09:15PM
The new ones they use for the E-trac seem softer a little thicker and more durable. I think you can put them on by simply removing the arm cup and stand. Its just a couple screws as I replaced mine awhile back that was on my E-trac.
November 26, 2014 09:19PM
Harold where can I get one....thanks, Dan( E-trac handgrip)
I can't find any dealers that have them......
November 26, 2014 09:57PM
I got mine from Minelab as I live 20 minutes away from the repair center. I think if you call them they will ship it out. Or you might try Chuck at Indian Nations also as he has a lot of Minelab parts.
November 27, 2014 12:48AM
Good to know. I have had to cover mine on the ET because it was wearing where my thumb wraps around on the left side. Didn't know they could be replaced except by Minelab.
November 27, 2014 12:41PM
Ive always use tennis grip style tape. Holds up very well to about any condition and it can be put right over the foam one.

Dew
November 27, 2014 02:51PM
Thanks for the input and will contact Minelab and of course many tennis grip varieties also...
November 28, 2014 07:53PM
Kellyco has them for $7.99. Looks like soft spongey version.
November 29, 2014 12:30PM
Have been wanting to replace mine. I have been using a boxer hand wrap which has protected mine but for resale its nice to know it can be replaced by me. I did notice that for a plastic nut and bolt with the washers for the CTX Kellyco wants 45.00 for it. Shocked to see that price for such a inexpensive piece of plastic.
November 30, 2014 05:43AM
Minelab parts in general are ridiculous. Combined with they're pretending older models don't exist and outrageous service bills. If it weren't for the performance I'd gladly walk away from them.

That said, those FBS dogs just hunt.