Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 se arrived / better screen protector?? Anyone

Posted by Bflo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 se arrived / better screen protector?? Anyone
November 27, 2014 03:35AM
Just put it together. Feels well balanced. Hope to get out w it a few tomorrow. Just saw where there's a 19 day turn on the update. I guess I'll go ahead and send off to get it back for my Christmas present. I don't like that screen protector anybody found anything better?
Re: F75 se arrived / better screen protector?? Anyone
November 27, 2014 03:52AM
That hard plastic screen on the SE LTD is not easy to scratch, never used one on mine.

Aaron
November 27, 2014 02:33PM
I was also worried about scratches.. If it dont scratch easy then i wont worry about it.
November 27, 2014 02:40PM
Walmart carries several different brands that you can cut to fit. Made for misc.I phones, tablets and such. Some a little pricey depending what you want but worth it to keep your screen scratch free...
November 27, 2014 02:52PM
Oh ok i will find one to be safe. Thanks!
November 27, 2014 03:11PM
I have cut one to fit mine just to be safe. I'm sure if you have one on it when you send it it will be removed. When I sent in my ET with a screen it came back without one. I would wait till it comes back. Shipping mine off Monday and already have my shipping number so off it goes.
November 27, 2014 04:16PM
Thing is, you don't have to touch the 75's screen to run through the programs or to pinpoint....I like that.
November 27, 2014 05:06PM
This intrigues me: Quote:"That hard plastic screen on the SE LTD is not easy to scratch"
Does this mean that the latest models have some hard plastic covering the LCD window, and then the thin sticky label over the top of everything? My old F75 just has the label. I've reinforced it with a clear plastic sheet (plus a phone screen-protector too, for good measure) just in case something like my digging knife ends up pressed against the detector when it's packed in it's bag. The thin label always seemed inadequate, bearing in mind the treatment a detector gets, and the fragile (and expensive) nature of LCD's.
November 29, 2014 08:49AM
Sent my F75 LTD in on 11/18, they shipped it back on 11/26.

I added one of their new control housing rain covers to my order, I hunt in the wet sometimes and it looks pretty nice.

It's slated for delivery on 12/02 (no idea why Fedex is taking so long to come back, four days there and seven days back? Any how, I'm hoping to test it out at a researched (potentially virgin) 1840's trading post site next week.
November 29, 2014 06:03PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sent my F75 LTD in on 11/18, they shipped it back
> on 11/26.
>
> I added one of their new control housing rain
> covers to my order, I hunt in the wet sometimes
> and it looks pretty nice.
>
> It's slated for delivery on 12/02 (no idea why
> Fedex is taking so long to come back, four days
> there and seven days back? Any how, I'm hoping to
> test it out at a researched (potentially virgin)
> 1840's trading post site next week.

WOW !, That's slow, Fedex delivered mine from factory El Paso to my door in the UK in two days flat, awesome service, the Royal Mail have difficulty delivering a local letter in that time.
November 30, 2014 02:16PM
Wow El Paso to the UK in 2 days had to be air overnight. Last time I shipped one back to FTP it took 5 days from Charlotte both ways. The shipping was paid for by Fisher both ways so maybe it was the way the shipped out. Hope it doesn't take to long to get mine back from the upgrade. JR