Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher 5x10 DD coil on F75 D.S.T. test videos ((UPDATE INFO))

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher 5x10 DD coil on F75 D.S.T. test videos ((UPDATE INFO))
December 05, 2014 12:05AM
Unmasking Test
[www.youtube.com]

Depth Test
[www.youtube.com]

I have just double checked the targets in the Depth video with 11" Bi-Axial on the F75 D.S.T. and on the T2 D.S.T. and theres nop high tone bleed in of the target jsut straight solid grunt...NOW...is that becasue the 5x10 Is looking at less soil or is it because the 5x10 is struggling to see the target and its mis-iding as a high tone?? I think its the 5x10 is seeing less dirt.....If it was high toning on a Mis-ID I would thing the target I.D. would go to 99...but actually the target I.D. is around 77 or 80 or so...

again I thing this combo is very very good for bad soil and also tight work in iron...

wish you could buy the F75 with coils of your choice...I would opt for a 5x10 quickly...

Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2014 07:32PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Fisher 5x10 DD coil on F75 D.S.T. test videos
December 05, 2014 12:58AM
Nice. I like the coil results. The depth is surprising. The upgrade quieted the unit down quite a bit. Thanks Keith.
December 05, 2014 02:34AM
That's impressive for a 5" wide coil.
How is it weight wise compared to the stock coil?
December 05, 2014 03:50AM
Hi,,,,I can't watch videos cause I'm on dial-up so I will try to speculate the outcome by reading the incoming replies.....JJ
December 05, 2014 05:17AM
Thanks Keith, your results are good to know as I have this coil on my Christmas wishlist. I am curious to learn whether you've tested those targets in the all-metal motion mode??

Jim.
December 05, 2014 01:22PM
Hey Keith, nice tests,what do you think this F75 have better depth in BP than etrac/CTX ? smiling smiley
December 05, 2014 03:58PM
Wow!!! Thanks Keith!!!! My ground is not as mineralized as yours I don't think. That gets me to wondering if that combo would be the truly perfect relic detector. That is some some good practical info and I appreciate it.
December 05, 2014 04:30PM
Ozzie:::Thank you! Yes EMI is not an issue..

Pacman:::: it weighs about the same as the Stock coil...yet I like solid coils so it glides across stuble well...

Jimmy:::: Dial Up ?????Did not know that was still in use....

Humble:::My all metal mode does function right so I can test that...The T2 S.E... D.S.T. I have has great smooth all metal mode that hits them easily...I should have the final version of the F75 in a few days and I will check the al metal.

Liaso:::: Hard call in good dirt coil size for coil size the D.S.T B.P may take a lead. bad dirt hard to say on the CTX it should be better though in theory ..I dont have a CTX right now..Im trying to get a CTX with the Coiltek 5x10 coil as an option..that coil has me worried on the CTX...

Kevin:::: Yes I like the way the 5x10 runs and feels on the unit...Thanks

Heres what I see on this combo...the coil allows the deeper targets to be more tighter ...it seems and it may be me but it conveys the signal to me in a more intelligent manner...espcially in mineral..I think the coil is acting just like a 5x10 coil should act...

also I might add for the first time we are able to see the B.P. mode in its full glory on the F75 now that the Noise is gone using any coil..

And this noise being gone actually gives us more usable depth....there may be a slight degrade in airtest depths and such though its minute...you more than make up for it in in the ability to max it out and hear the whispers...

in that video right there on a old unit theres no way I could work signals up like that the noise would over power the whispers..

The more I use the D.S.T. models the more I can see I personally like it...Its more conveying audibly to me anyways..

Keith
Re: Fisher 5x10 DD coil on F75 D.S.T. test videos ((UPDATE INFO))
December 05, 2014 08:33PM
Thanks Keith for that quick reply. I'm looking forward to any additional depth testing in the motion all-metal mode that you might do with that coil when convenient for you. We silver rockhunters in northeastern Ontario rarely use discrimination modes, preferring the motion all-metal mode almost exclusively. And that is why I mentioned it. Again... thankyou, we appreciate your help.

Jim.
December 05, 2014 08:44PM
maybe that's why they put that same size DD coil on the F19 as standard...
December 06, 2014 02:51AM
Wow, I just had a brain storm (it don't happen offen)!! I have my G2 with it's 11 inch stock coil. I have a Teknetics 5x10DD coil in the mail headed my way. I think that I will do some comparison tests on my buried bullets, button, silver dime, etc etc. This new development has gotten me very intrigued. And maybe XP decided that the 9 inch coil would be a better stock coil than an 11 inch coil due to the smaller 9 inch coil seeing less ground. I like this type stuff!!! Thanks again Keith.
December 06, 2014 02:55AM
MY 5x10 DD coil is BAD...it is falsing like crazy when tapping it....move the wire or touch the coil and it goes crazy....

it will have to be replaced..I was hutning in stubble today and it about drove me crazy....I managed a eagle coat button but dont know how LOL!!!

Keith
December 06, 2014 02:58AM
Kevin on the G2 the 5x10 does not get the depth of the 11 Biaxial....it will be noticable....But you will see a faster target response...

on the F75 its not as noticable because of the BP mode...

I wish FT would put a BP mode on a G2...Jsut leave the machien alone and but a BP mode on it...

Keith
December 06, 2014 01:08PM
Thanks Keith. Hope that they send ya a replacement coil that works. That sounds like a killer combo. I cannot imagine how many relics I have left under blankets of nails. Some nail beds where created AFTER the War between the States and the nails are effectively blocking the coil from seeing under them (if the nails are particularly thick). Depth coupled with the ability to unmask........that would be awesome.
December 10, 2014 11:49PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MY 5x10 DD coil is BAD...it is falsing like crazy
> when tapping it....move the wire or touch the coil
> and it goes crazy....
> Keith

Keith, Was wondering if you have received a replacement for your defective 5x10? I sure like the looks of that coil and would like to see some additional video footage of one that works properly... Thanks Robert
December 11, 2014 12:11AM
It came in Today...

I'll test it later...Slammed right now...

New F75 V2 replacement will be here on Friday ...So will be a double duty test...

Keith
December 11, 2014 01:17AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It came in Today...
>
> I'll test it later...Slammed right now...
>
> New F75 V2 replacement will be here on Friday
> ...So will be a double duty test...
>
> Keith

make sure you do an all metal test!
December 12, 2014 10:39PM
saw your vid. yeah, wow! yours is hot in all metal. fisher must have known it was yours and made sure it was right. Now will they fix all of us early adopters?
December 13, 2014 12:32AM
I hope so..mine is going back in a week or two