Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Confused on this F75 business

Posted by 1ptr58 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Confused on this F75 business
December 13, 2014 05:41AM
I see the new/upgraded machine is good. Are they changing the name or is the new F75 called an F75? If so how would a person know they are getting the better new machine and not old dealer stock. perhaps serial numbers tell the tale. Seems confusing to me. I wonder if they will update any old stock before selling. I'm sure there might be a distinct way to ask about this if one were to buy. Being in Canada sucks for this reason. I might buy a machine that may have sat at a dealers for s year. And shipping from here to there kind of bites.
Re: Confused on this F75 business
December 13, 2014 01:22PM
Do yourself a favor and avoid the upgraded ones. They do not perform as well as a new ones do it seems. I think there is going to be a big stink about the entire issue very soon.
December 13, 2014 01:27PM
Mine is a new one straight out of the box and it is almost 6 inches off from Keith ' s new machine at the same settings.
December 13, 2014 01:42PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mine is a new one straight out of the box and it
> is almost 6 inches off from Keith ' s new machine
> at the same settings.

yep, Im sure keith gets hot ones for a reason. I just wish mine was at least normal.
December 13, 2014 01:58PM
Sounds to me like maybe Fisher has different boards/components they are using to build the "different performing" machines. And in doing so the AM is different. I wonder i.e. what is fisher doing with say the old stock "F75"? Are they upgrading some of them and calling them F75LTD-2s. This would explain Daniel's machine maybe. Question: Can a person tell by looking at the screen or by looking at the unit and tell if a machine was a "prior F75, F75LTD, or F75SE" ? If not this could pose real problems later on in the resale department if this doesn't get fully resolved. I do realize there will be "small differences" between say like machines, but this Fisher upgrade thing sounds like it's more than that.
December 13, 2014 02:05PM
detectingMO Wrote:
> Daniel Tn Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Mine is a new one straight out of the box and
> it
> > is almost 6 inches off from Keith ' s new
> machine
> > at the same settings.
>
> yep, Im sure keith gets hot ones for a reason. I
> just wish mine was at least normal.

I guess its possible that they would test enough machines to find a extra hot one to send or maybe tune on up a little more.Seeing as though FT is aware that Keith would post such results I doubt that FT would want everyone expecting thevsame results.
I never tested the AM side on mine before I returned it.
I cant but feel that FT pulled another F19 f---- -p.
If so they need to relook at their process as at some point people are going somewhere else. Many already have.

PacMan
December 13, 2014 02:21PM
Interested in how the new machine and the 5x10" coil compares to the other machine.
December 13, 2014 03:19PM
Personally I get a little nervous with machines that are updated....Oh for another XLT that basically stayed the same for 20 years with cosmetic changes along the way.
Without mentioning any names perhaps some forum members get to try before they buy kind of thing...which indeed is a good practice if your dealer will let you test one.
Certainly a good practice if your interested in a CZ3D among others...
December 13, 2014 04:31PM
This is very interesting to me that a company that is trying to stay in the game would let this happen to them. To have so many problems with one upgrade or a new upgraded machine what happened to the days when you bought a machine you got what you bought and it worked...and it was a killer machine...Did fisher not have enough years to get this right.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 13, 2014 06:04PM
There is no logical reason why they can not make a machine that goes 24 inches on a dime. to some this may be a bold statment, but its true. when u figure ground penetrating radar, microwaves, and even some of the overseas detectors that can come close. ive seen coils that give a few extra inches. if they can do that with a coil, then they sure as hell can do that and more with a machine. just my bitter 2 cents
December 13, 2014 06:20PM
Digloo..

the new ones have the serial number displayed on start up...the old ones do not do this..

Im sure the old ones will slowly phase out....Or be returned from dealer stock for upgrades...

After all is said and done all there will be is the D.S.T. models as standard...

Keith
December 13, 2014 06:22PM
My three cents...if they can add depth and they should be able to do it becasue they are doing it overseas...they could make a kiling in the sales market. We have way better unmasking now give us depth that for a lot of us we don't have and may be shocked by what we find. It could open up a whole new era in hunting old sights. It could be mind blowing and yet then can't send the money so they stay the cours and move at a snails pace while we all get older and hunting spots dry up and become out of reach. I don't need ID just give me a good tone at say a few inches deeper then the deepest machine out there. I'm am sure we would go crazy for that if it worked???

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

December 14, 2014 02:51AM
All we need is a bunch of new or uncaring detectorist digging coins or similar targets down to 24" in our local parks. Talk about loosing public sites, that would be one sure way.....
December 14, 2014 03:05AM
yup, alot of those folks from the 70's 80's that lived here were the same u r talking about silverhound. took all the good stuff and left the junk. they were uncaring for future generations.
December 14, 2014 03:20AM
This is why iam still on the outside looking in. I will wait till Fisher gets everything going right before I jump in.
December 14, 2014 03:35AM
So you don't want more depth because someone might not dig a clean hole and fill it back in. We don't need 24 inches maybe 12-15 on a dime...

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

December 14, 2014 08:08PM
I am one of those folks that hunted in the 70's and 80's and do not see your point. Would I love a machine that would hit and id a dime at 24" YUP ! My point was the impact of digging 24" deep holes in public places . Imagine the pile of dirt next to even a minimum Dia. 24" deep hole not to mention how long it would take to dig said hole and then restore area to near previous condition.
December 15, 2014 04:34AM
and MY point was, past generations were uncarring about what the future generations found as they took all the good targets, so why should I be carring about future generations{however i do follow correct proceedures}? having a double-standard cant correct for past greed. its the same thing with all these rich people that made their fortunes destroying the planet..now that they are rich, they are the same ones saying save the planet. if the past didnt scoff up the good stuff, we wouldnt have to dig 24 inche holes. caustic post for sure however it is true.
December 15, 2014 05:46AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Mine is a new one straight out of the box and it
> is almost 6 inches off from Keith ' s new machine
> at the same settings.

keith has "relatives" on the payroll!..(lol)

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 15, 2014 05:54AM
silverhound Wrote:
> All we need is a bunch of new or uncaring
> detectorist digging coins or similar targets down
> to 24" in our local parks. Talk about loosing
> public sites, that would be one sure way.....

ehe! he! he! we all could take up "knitting"
or go play with electric trains or sumthin',cuz we sure as hell
wont be diggin' anymore!..ehe! he! he!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 15, 2014 05:56AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> So you don't want more depth because someone might
> not dig a clean hole and fill it back in. We don't
> need 24 inches maybe 12-15 on a dime...

diggin' at those depths,damn well better be "invisible"
if you are in ANY public place!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 15, 2014 11:32AM
There is a way to dig a very deep hole or trench and make it so you can hardly tell it was dug....we do it all the time on the job. It involves removing the sod and tamping so no soil is left over, then replacing the sod and re-tamping. Not saying that this should be done in a park though.....farm field or woods, why not? I would love to have a detector that went down 20" on an old coin...I would dig it in a heartbeat.
December 15, 2014 01:59PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Digloo..
>
> the new ones have the serial number displayed on
> start up...the old ones do not do this..
>
> Im sure the old ones will slowly phase out....Or
> be returned from dealer stock for upgrades...
>
> After all is said and done all there will be is
> the D.S.T. models as standard...
>
> Keith
Lets say that is the case, where dealer stock is returned for upgrading. Who is to say that everything will be replaced. A person might get a unit that doesn't have all new product. Wonder if they will identify the unit as not completely new..
December 15, 2014 02:38PM
Beyonder-Pa, If the past generations took all the good targets why do many of us still pull good targets from those same old hard hunted parks and at less than 10" I might ad. Your reasoning of why should we care because those before us didn't is exactly why this country is in the sorry shape it is in . Two wrongs never make a right and just because someone else chooses to dig a crater in the local park will not justify me or others to do the same thing.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding or misinterpreting what you are saying and if so I apologize.
December 15, 2014 06:05PM
nope, u got it. as for two wrongs dont make a right, well thats circumstantual isnt it? as for the shape the country is in...well thats not my fault. the greed of the past ruined it for alot in the future.

I consider myself very skilled at this hobby. after 20 years detecting this is "my share" of what i consider good targets:
silver dollars: 0
gold coins: 0
spanish coins:0
half dimes:0
2 centers:0
3 centers:0
20 centers:0
seated Q's:0
any bust coin:0
flying eagles:0
colonial coppers:0
gold rings:2 after they removed 2 feet of dirt at a football field
large cents:1 found last month after they removed 16 inches at a local park
silver halves:2 one found on private property
seated dimes:3 two found underneath downed trees the other inside a bush
shield nichels:3 dateless
barb Q's:4

I get out twice a week from march until jan...it was a struggle to get 45 silvers this year when guys out there get around 200 i will challenge anyone here with 20 years detecting under their belt to produce a worst lifetime record than this.
December 15, 2014 06:40PM
Beyonder I find your Post intriguing...

You say 20 years and list your coin finds...

This is the kind of info I like to read..!!

I see a high sink rate in your area..Loamy dirt??

May I further ask if you dont mind ...Where are you looking for the majority of your Antique coins...

I believe I can be of help if you are not already doing so...

I have been lucky enough to dig all those coins you list except the gold coin and 20 center..but doubt the 20 center will ever happen..

and Ive never dug any in a park or yard..

All those coins ...and im not a coin hunter really,....Will come from old Sites way back in the woods...old mills,,old foundations,,railroad stops from abandoned lines,,Etc...

The probolem will be there is more iron debris in those type sites than one can shake a stick at...and to get these finds it will take specialized machines...High Freqs,,,Tight DDs,,quick response,,and large iron removal....

Now this may be your plan of attack already and if so still good to repeat it for the masses....

But I would love to hear more about your sites you hunt for these elusive coins...Ive always wanted to hunt in Pennsylvania...south Of Gettysburg...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2014 01:30AM by Keith Southern.
December 15, 2014 07:25PM
I really try hard on this forum to not be my redneck,blunt ahole self...BUT! am I reading this right beyonder? We are supposed to pass up good signals and leave them for future detectorist,or else we are greedy??? Laughable.
December 15, 2014 08:32PM
I will be the blunt redneck and just come out and say it sounds like operator error to me .

Keith I have found all the above mentioned coinage as well except the gold coin and Spanish silver and I did it in the last five years. Most were found in public parks except a three center and my one and only Bust coin a half dime .
December 16, 2014 12:19AM
In SE PA we have a clay stone/rock/pebble mix, after the thin topsoil. Many fields, a pick-ax would work better than a shovel. Years ago the farmers took stone from the fields and built dry-stacked walls at their property line...that was their remedy for the abundance of rock.

As far as us leaving treasures in the ground for future detectorists. Look at it this way, we do, just not on purpose. The future units will get the stuff that was masked from us or too deep for our detectors. We are missing so many treasures in the iron beds your mind would be blown. Do a 3 d test,.... surround a coin, (not touch) with iron above, off to the side and in a few configurations like it could be in the ground. You'll wonder how we get anything without plain luck and patience.

Beyonder, If I may ask, what area of PA are you detecting?
December 16, 2014 02:19AM
ozzie Wrote:
> There is a way to dig a very deep hole or trench
> and make it so you can hardly tell it was
> dug....we do it all the time on the job. It
> involves removing the sod and tamping so no soil
> is left over, then replacing the sod and
> re-tamping. Not saying that this should be done in
> a park though.....farm field or woods, why not? I
> would love to have a detector that went down 20"
> on an old coin...I would dig it in a heartbeat.

me too ozzie! just dont get caught!..yeah!..it CAN be done in a park,
BUT it takes TIME and when you are that deep,you may not get it!.(the time)
farm fields?.woods?..sure!..why not!

(h.h.!)
j.t.