Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Confused on this F75 business

Posted by 1ptr58 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Confused on this F75 business
December 16, 2014 02:28AM
in addendum:..in my experience,you dont ever want to be "caught"
with an open hole in a "park"with the WRONG person watching you,and again,in MY experience,
it doesn't make two sh*ts worth a difference whether the hole is shallow,OR deep!..i'm just sayin'
(lol)

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 16, 2014 02:54AM
nope, u got it. as for two wrongs dont make a right, well thats circumstantual isnt it? as for the shape the country is in...well thats not my fault. the greed of the past ruined it for alot in the future.

I consider myself very skilled at this hobby. after 20 years detecting this is "my share" of what i consider good targets:
silver dollars: 0
gold coins: 0
spanish coins:0
half dimes:0
2 centers:0
3 centers:0
20 centers:0
seated Q's:0
any bust coin:0
flying eagles:0
colonial coppers:0
gold rings:2 after they removed 2 feet of dirt at a football field
large cents:1 found last month after they removed 16 inches at a local park
silver halves:2 one found on private property
seated dimes:3 two found underneath downed trees the other inside a bush
shield nichels:3 dateless
barb Q's:4

I get out twice a week from march until jan...it was a struggle to get 45 silvers this year when guys out there get around 200 i will challenge anyone here with 20 years detecting under their belt to produce a worst lifetime record than this.
Reply Quote Report

You know, you sound like you live in my area, very difficult to find anything older than Barber coins, and Barbers are hard enough!

Great post.

Aaron
December 16, 2014 06:50AM
Deathray, what im saying is to bleed public places so dry that a 70's nickel is hard to find is greedy. there was a recent park that was dug 16 inches, as soon as it happened, there were 15 guys with detectors there. the place was the size of a kids basketball court. most of them older generation in a club. do whatever ur heart tells u.

ozzie, i live in nepa. hi how r u neighbor lol

Kieth, the soil is nice and clean, hardly much mineraliation. i will send some pm's ur way with some stories...or i may post them here since some dont understand what I mean.

aaron, thank you for understanding what im trying to say.

as for you silver, ur guilt forces u to attack my character and make grand assumptions based on no infomation, rather than politely disagreeing. thats fine. this shows us who you truely are.
December 16, 2014 08:44AM
So , you pass up a few sweet signals to leave for others right. Sure you do.
December 16, 2014 11:23AM
deathray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I really try hard on this forum to not be my
> redneck,blunt ahole self...BUT! am I reading this
> right beyonder? We are supposed to pass up good
> signals and leave them for future detectorist,or
> else we are greedy??? Laughable.

BEYOND laughable Ray!

HEHEHE HAHAHA HOHOHO!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2014 11:25AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
December 16, 2014 11:43AM
I passed up all but 2 silver coin in the past 5 years. Gotten used to it.
Gold on the other hand well, not leaving it....................

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
December 16, 2014 01:45PM
I wouldn't expect anyone not to dig a target. That is what your doing this hobby for. After all it is money in one denomination or another. I have to put in some research time to find places that could produce and then get permission. Part of the hobby and something to do when you can't get out due to weather. I have only been doing this 5 years in January. I have found all but a couple of thing on bucket list coin wise but still some to go. My friends call me "The Hoover" because I leave nothing behind. Rolled up pennies from 4 years and got 5 Morgan dollars for the effort. I don't care if the next guy doesn't get anything. Not my problem. He needs to do some research himself and not expect to walk out the door and be given a field full of targets. What fun is that. To me its all part of the hunt. I like to come behind guys that rush through a field and state nothing is there. I have some guys that live around me that hunt every waking moment they can. Talking about pressure yet they don't get it all.
December 16, 2014 08:06PM
Silver hound congrats on the 20 center!!.

I would love to see it some day...

Ive always wanted to dig a 20 center but thats a tough one...

Keith
errrr ummmm glad I asked ... I think haha
December 17, 2014 12:11AM
Just checked for replies to my query. Thread took right off to someplace I never expected lol. You guys who don't find much, probably find more than we are even able to find total up in here in Canada. We get excited when we find coins from the 60's. :-) I love this forum.
December 17, 2014 04:03AM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> deathray Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I really try hard on this forum to not be my
> > redneck,blunt ahole self...BUT! am I reading
> this
> > right beyonder? We are supposed to pass up good
> > signals and leave them for future
> detectorist,or
> > else we are greedy??? Laughable.
>
>
> BEYOND laughable Ray!
>
> HEHEHE HAHAHA HOHOHO!!

HO! HO! HO!....merry xmas!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 17, 2014 04:10AM
ShovelNose Wrote:
> I wouldn't expect anyone not to dig a target. That
> is what your doing this hobby for. After all it is
> money in one denomination or another. I have to
> put in some research time to find places that
> could produce and then get permission. Part of the
> hobby and something to do when you can't get out
> due to weather. I have only been doing this 5
> years in January. I have found all but a couple
> of thing on bucket list coin wise but still some
> to go. My friends call me "The Hoover" because I
> leave nothing behind. Rolled up pennies from 4
> years and got 5 Morgan dollars for the effort. I
> don't care if the next guy doesn't get anything.
> Not my problem. He needs to do some research
> himself and not expect to walk out the door and be
> given a field full of targets. What fun is that.
> To me its all part of the hunt. I like to come
> behind guys that rush through a field and state
> nothing is there. I have some guys that live
> around me that hunt every waking moment they can.
> Talking about pressure yet they don't get it all.

true!..nobody gets it all!..well said!..over 30 years in this great
hobby,and i'll put the house up that others have found stuff after me,
as well as everybody else!..too many variables,and most of the time,sites are just too big
to get it all!..ya keep returning,and find more!,even after it's been hunted for years and years!
i'm just sayin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 17, 2014 04:25PM
Most of the sites in my town have already been 'gone over' by other past metal detectorists. My town has a rich history, especially during the War Betwen The States-years.
If I hear a hi tone. It's getting dug. I don't even debate it in my mind. And since it is just a hobby and NOT a job/making a living, my conscience is unscathed by my decision to dig EVERY diggable tone. I really never thought that this was a point of contention.
If I am hunting with a friend. We call each other over when either of us gets a 'hit'.....so that we can swing our coils over the same 'hit'. Then, we stand and watch the original finder to dig the target. And if my friend finds something good.....I cannot stop congratulating him. I am TRULY happy for him. But he digs his hi tones....and I dig mine. And if one finds more than the other......no one seems to have a problem with it. (I am ususally the one that has a smaller 'finds' pouch at the end of the day. But if I even find ONE BULLET.......I am quite satisfied.
December 17, 2014 04:53PM
yeah kevin! i hear ya!..been at this a long time,and finding
anything that's interesting usually yanks my chain just fine!..it isn't about quantity anymore,
just want to find something "decent" and i am satiated!..been this way for quite some time now,and don't expect
it to change,unless i hit a "virgin" site!..talkin' public sites of course!..private sites,and all bets are off!
i'm just sayin'..ho! ho! ho! merry xmas!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 17, 2014 05:38PM
its time to stop assuming and actually ask me what i meant by saving things for future generations or just end this convo now i dont care either way
December 17, 2014 05:51PM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> its time to stop assuming and actually ask me what
> i meant by saving things for future generations or
> just end this convo now i dont care either way

I feel your pain! Just so you know!

Walt,

From the GA-FL line

Silver microMax, CTX 3030, Excal 2, ATPro
December 17, 2014 05:54PM
I think what the post goes to show more than anything is detectors have not come along ways in the last 25 years in terms of depth...

get more depth get more finds...

Keith
December 18, 2014 03:32PM
depth is where it's at!..we feel the "need" for DEPTH!
want to bring along a "got damn" "grub hoe" when i'm diggin'
get tossed into the slammer!..need a few "free" meals anyway!
food costs too much!..i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
December 19, 2014 02:59AM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> its time to stop assuming and actually ask me what
> i meant by saving things for future generations or
> just end this convo now i dont care either way

Not sure what I assumed...just responded to what you said.
December 19, 2014 11:01AM
OK, I'll bite, Beyonder; I'll go ahead and ask you -- then exactly what did you mean? The way I read your posts, are that it is greedy for a hunter to do the best he can to "hunt out" a given site, digging every signal he/she gets, if it seems like it may be a good one. But, you seem to be suggesting that your posts didn't mean what they seem to say, and that you aren't being given the chance to explain. So, here you go. Please clarify...

You said this:

Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> yup, alot of those folks from the 70's 80's that
> lived here were the same u r talking about
> silverhound. took all the good stuff and left the
> junk. they were uncaring for future generations.

To which, silverhound said this:

silverhound Wrote:
> I am one of those folks that hunted in the 70's
> and 80's and do not see your point.

To which, you said this:

Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> and MY point was, past generations were uncarring
> about what the future generations found as they
> took all the good targets...

> ...if the past didnt scoff up the
> good stuff, we wouldnt have to dig 24 inche holes.
> caustic post for sure however it is true.

I really don't see how this can be interpreted any other way, but maybe I am wrong...

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2014 11:09AM by steveg.
December 19, 2014 12:51PM
Steve that is exactly how i see it and i believe anyone who read it see's it..i hunted in 70's & 80's & 90's and 2000's and guess what....im still finding good stuff winking smiley my detector wheni first started had i believe an 8" round coil and a faint whisper good target was 5 " now its 10-12". As technology gets better old sites become virgin almost ..so my advice to him....buy a better detector or learn what you have better...thank you and have a wonderful day winking smiley
December 19, 2014 01:13PM
basstrackerman Wrote:
> Steve that is exactly how i see it and i believe
> anyone who read it see's it..i hunted in 70's &
> 80's & 90's and 2000's and guess what....im still
> finding good stuff winking smiley my detector wheni first
> started had i believe an 8" round coil and a faint
> whisper good target was 5 " now its 10-12". As
> technology gets better old sites become virgin
> almost ..so my advice to him....buy a better
> detector or learn what you have better...thank you
> and have a wonderful day winking smiley

LoL!

Yup = me too

70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s and I'm STILL finding good stuff :-)
December 19, 2014 01:21PM
Well, I was essentially not hunting until 2010 -- even though I dinked around a bit in the early 80s as a young teen, whenever I got my hands on my grandfathers blue-box White's unit, and could afford to purchase all the "D" batteries for it! winking smiley But, that said, I am now hunting the sites that everyone else "hunted out," back then, and still finding goodies...as we all know, there is still plenty in the ground.

With that said, even if some of the public spots I like to hunt were somehow COMPLETELY emptied, due to the skill of the guys who came before me, I wouldn't be MAD at them, but instead simply IMPRESSED by their skill... (and then, would just have to work harder on my research to find new places to hunt)! Anyway, that's just my opinion, which with $2 will get you a cup of coffee! I see no reason to have expected anyone who hunted before me to purposely have chosen to "leave me" some good targets...but to each his own.

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2014 01:52PM by steveg.
December 19, 2014 04:56PM
No where did i ever say "pass up good signals" or anything refering to "expect anyone not to dig a target" thats what im refering to by assuming. as for "buy a better detector or learn what you have better" I have a ctx3030 and a blisstool. before that an etrac, before that a whites spectrum xlt, before that a tesro bandito. so i am skilled in a variety of machines. if u think my skill is sub-par, then i challenge u to come here and prove yourself right. as for finding good targets im not talking silver dimes and buff nickels, again re-read my definition of good targets posted above. in general, its good practice to have all the facts before challenging a statement.
December 19, 2014 05:42PM
Its ok beyonder...i have found most of whats on your list..i dont brag or post alot but i do find plenty and most of my finds are in "hunted out" places..i love finding most anything...so it doesn't take much for me to say good find. winking smiley just happy to be detecting..i dont try and leave anything behind for anyone to find..if i do im sorry winking smiley
December 19, 2014 06:01PM
Did this thread get high jacked ????
December 19, 2014 06:08PM
I had a site I hunted a lot and had found a lot in it with VLF machines over the years. When I acquired the Whites TDI pulse machine I went back to it because I had dubbed it "the button hole". In civil war camps, we mostly find bullets or melted lead and a few buttons. This was an exception to that...it was mostly buttons. And the TDI loves low conductors so it was the perfect spot to hunt with it to finish out what buttons I might have left behind. While hunting, this truck comes down the road and slows down. Then comes back a few mins later. He ended up being on of the original guys that first found that camp and he was having him a good time laughing at me cause he said they had got it all. Unfortunately for him at that moment I had just popped a pretty eagle button out of a hole and it made #5 for the hunt. It was enough to show him that not anywhere is hunted out. He did say he had found 7 plates in that camp though. I've only found one there to date. I hunted that place HARD and had given up on it til new technology might open it up. When I discovered by accident, a guy on YouTube that started hunting after I got into the archery thing heavy and quit hunting. A total newbie guy but was from my area. In one of his videos he done a panoramic view of his spot...and I knew exactly where he was and he was in my button camp. And it pained me to watch him dig relics even I had left behind. In all fairness, he does hunt with a buddy of his that has a GPX 4800 and I never took the GPX there. But the main dude hunts with an F75 LTD and Whites TDI.
December 19, 2014 06:38PM
Sounds like Bill Ladd lol
December 19, 2014 08:20PM
The phrase "hunted out" should be stricken from the vocabulary of all detectorist (and detector reviewers). It's at best a marketing ploy - to declare a site "hunted out" and then feign amazement when the latest detector offering uncovers an eagle button (or whatever) at the "hunted out" site. Yeah right. Nothing is truly hunted out - nothing (and how would you prove a negative?). Change the soil moisture, the sweep attack or speed, the op freq, the EMI conditions, the coil type ... or just use the identical machine when you aren't tired and a site will produce something again. There are "worked over" sites where near surface targets are few, but they aren't "hunted out". When you see a detector review stating how they pulled stuff out of this "hunted out" site don't run out and buy that product based on that, it's nonsense.

I recall hunting with my new Jetco BFO with a 6" coil and counting myself lucky to find anything deeper than 5". I don't recall silver coins littering the ground ripe for the plucking. It was work and good signals were not much further apart than they are today with a CTX. I never saw another detectorist in the parks in the 1970s, just me and a lot of confused people staring at me. If the parks were worked over by others why should I care - they owe me nothing. Should I head to Canada for gold shall I call the Klondike miners of 1896 insensitive for not leaving some good specimens lying on top for me to pick up 118 years later? If they were selfish for taking whatever they could find then I'm selfish for digging the clad quarter I found yesterday. Neither of us are leaving targets for the next generation. It's harder to find gold in western Australia, it's harder to find silver in the parks, it's harder to kill a grizzly your backyard, it's harder to find a domain name, it's harder to afford college, it's harder to buy gold at $250 an ounce, it's harder to find an honest man - but it's not impossible (except for buying gold), which means the game is still afoot.

You just have to learn to adjust your tactics to the new reality - look in the fields, backwoods areas, old homesteads, private lands (with permission), and get off the beaten path. I've hunted the beaches of Hawaii for a year, dry and wet sand, wading, and snorkeling - not much to show for it. There is competition at play - if you want the gold you have to scuba, you have to get further out - that is where the new reality of beach detecting is headed (get there ahead of the crowd and you win.)

Johnnyanglo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2014 08:20PM by Johnnyanglo.
December 19, 2014 09:04PM
I know "hunted out" dont mean it is..the old timers always say that to me ..so i like using the phrase as a quote from all of the heros before us that has hunted. winking smiley
December 20, 2014 03:36AM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> No where did i ever say "pass up good signals" or
> anything refering to "expect anyone not to dig a
> target" thats what im refering to by assuming. as
> for "buy a better detector or learn what you have
> better" I have a ctx3030 and a blisstool. before
> that an etrac, before that a whites spectrum xlt,
> before that a tesro bandito. so i am skilled in a
> variety of machines. if u think my skill is
> sub-par, then i challenge u to come here and prove
> yourself right. as for finding good targets im not
> talking silver dimes and buff nickels, again
> re-read my definition of good targets posted
> above. in general, its good practice to have all
> the facts before challenging a statement.
Dude,chill out. you seem to have a big chip on your shoulder. And for the record, I have never detected outside California, so you cant blame me for lack of finds. BTW, Im selling a TDI ,lol.