Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

OT! Very strong argument for owning precious metals

Posted by possum mo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
OT! Very strong argument for owning precious metals
December 18, 2014 10:20PM
Keep an eye on Russia. Analyists are predicting whats happening to the Ruble in Russia will happen to the dollar here. As the Ruble has been crashing in value lately, down over 50% the last few months, Russians are spending Rubles at an accelerated pace, and buying what they can. Panic is starting to set in. They are trying to preserve their worth by trading Rubles for what they feel will hold its value. The Russians that have accumulated the metals, are preserving their buying power, as the Ruble drops in value, gold and silver are rising in value...... priced in rubles.
Read the short article, [kingworldnews.com]
1st, you have to get past those chicks enjoying that brew, LOL. Then after 5 minutes, Look closely at the graph half way down, showing gold priced in Rubles. As the ruble has been crashing, gold has been launching in value, in Rubles. Von Greyerz explains it very clearly. Excellent read, graphs, and of course brew holders( LOL).
Think, and protect yourself!
Ok, back to detecting.
Re: OT! Very strong argument for owning precious metals
December 18, 2014 10:52PM
No real surprise...it's coming. We may not know all the "ins and outs" of how it will get here...but it will. Be ready.
December 18, 2014 11:15PM
Hi,,Thanks for the info..... I read and heard that the U.S. has cause/helped the price of oil to drop because Russia is one if not the biggest oil exporter....It's their way of getting even with Russia for their wrong doings....Russia depends on the monies it makes off their oil to survive/function....They are starting to hurt financially now and that is also why they are getting rid of their gold too.....Personally I feel that I came into this world with nothing and will probably leave with nothing....LoL...JJ
December 20, 2014 02:40PM
JJ, you're welcome. You are right, we all leave here with nothing. But hopefully we all survive the nasty scenario of whats probably going to come on this country in the near future.
I sense that the stories popping up about Russia selling their gold is banker propaganda. Russia bought another 600,000 oz of gold in Nov. Interesting times for sure.
December 21, 2014 04:19PM
the Russian date scammers will increase their scamming so watch out
December 22, 2014 01:01PM
Leave here with nothing..... the hell you say, im packing my belongings in a small box. What if you are wrong? Anyone die and try to take it with them? Ill let ya know lol. Some countries ive been in you could pay with other currancy....... wonder if you can in Russia? If so i suspect the money conversion will quickly hault. This ole world is a very tiny place now days. When hate, fear and greed is driving the train..... somethings going to give.

Dew
December 22, 2014 06:25PM
Now Belarus is melting down........sheeesh

[www.zerohedge.com]
December 24, 2014 09:25PM
The rally in gold that started two weeks ago failed miserably. Gold needed to push through $1270 to the upside, but instead is close to breaching the bottom of the base. Meanwhile, King Dollar and US stocks continue to rally. At some point these trends will reverse, but not now.

Is it time to buy gold? It depends upon your stated objective & time horizon. If someone wants to discreetly pass wealth on to their children (time horizon: indefinite / in perpetuity)  then it's a good time to buy. If someone is looking for short-term to intermediate profits they should hold off until a favorable trend emerges. If someone is seeking 'Disaster Insurance' I would start with ammo (.223, 22LR), storable food and a few cases of Jack Daniels! For barter purposes food,  whisky & ammo are better than gold IMHO. 

I didn't waste my time reading the entire article linked in the OP as I found the theme a bit far-fetched. There are few if any similarities between the Russian Ruble and US Dollar. The Kingworld writer obviously doesn't understand that the US Dollar's position as the world's reserve currency is based primarily on US military might and the willingness to project that might. Will the US $$ collapse at some point in the future? Very likely, but not until the international bankers are ready to replace it with a viable alternative. And you can bet your last greenback that the (digital) dollar replacement will give the bankers more power while confiscating the last of the wealth from the upper-middle class in the US. 

On that cheery note I wish all a Merry CHRISTmas,

Duke