Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I've become very fond of the Fors Core gents...

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I've become very fond of the Fors Core gents...
December 19, 2014 04:00AM
I've got about maybe 12 hrs run time with the Core now. Some 9 hrs with the small very special coil and 3 hrs with the stock coil. The machine is unreal in trash period with the small coil. This might be the best of the best as far as I'm concerned when it comes to a small coil running on a machine. TID accuracy is outstanding. If you want to know whats in the ground glue your eyes on the TID mounted on the top of the handle if you want coins. If while numbers are moving all over and it blips an 82 just momentarily you just ran it over a penny, 85 a dime, 94 a quarter, 56 a nickel. Just let it blip those numbers and it is there 99% of the time. Even when you are removing other metals from the plug or the hole. I've had my eyes opened by this machine and it's ability to see through or better yet lets call it digest what's in the ground. A TID watchers or coin shooters dream. Now if you are into just conductive targets you better hold onto your hat it's that wild a ride. It's going to sing you a song you are gonna love. If it's round it's gonna say dig me now. There are some harmonics and modulating going on that I've really never seen except in an ETrac as far as sounds go. But it is in a Notka way. Very special nuances like a beavertail pull tab has a fuzzy halo type sound when you cross the field over them. Dug two today I called in my mind before I dug em. I'm using RAT phones so I don't know if that is giving an enhancement of any of the sounds but some things are very pronounced as I learn this machine. The stock coil, dug targets up to 10 inches with it. Both coils or rather the machine has an ability to lock onto a target seems like even in the presence of other metals or rather the detection field might be so narrow is why it accomplishes this, IDK but it really lets you isolate superbly. I have been running in DI2 up until today, switched the machine over to DI3 today and left it there. At first I didn't care for it then I started to see the advantages of it. I like it especially in the super heavy trash where the hunting has been going on where lot's of depth is impossible because of the amount of metal in the ground. DI3 is spectacular for pulling coins out of conductive trash. You can't say that about many machines! Ergonomics, the small coil mounted is like not even having a machine in your hand it's so balanced. The stock coil, well it's like running a nicely balanced detector. I'm predicting with what I've seen so far....... this machine with it's sensitive side and it's depth is going to be an absolute killer on a beach. That's coming very soon, almost did it today but ended up in the conductive and iron filled trash pits. Here's a pic of some of my finds over the 12 hrs dumped in a container. More later...........It's funny, only we can appreciate a picture like that.......
Re: I've become very fond of the Fors Core gents...
December 19, 2014 04:35AM
What kind of depth are you seeing with the small coil in the soil at the sites you've hunted???
December 19, 2014 04:48AM
Thanks for the report. It has my interest.
December 19, 2014 05:08AM
Yes that the best small coil Ive ever found on a Detector...

The small coil that came with the machine went bad...thats a repelacement one and it seems extra hot.....I wonder if the factory sent a extra well tuned good one to me...

you'll know if the coils go bad you wont get the sensitivity above 50....

glad your enjoying it...

Keith
December 19, 2014 07:54AM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What kind of depth are you seeing with the small
> coil in the soil at the sites you've hunted???

I'm digging conductive targets 5 inches deep some of them at these very trashy Fe and Co wise sites and cannot figure out why there's so many signals in the scoop. That's what seems to make this coil/machine so special. Never seen this ability before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2014 08:12AM by Jack Flynn.
December 19, 2014 12:01PM
I have just about decided that my machine and small coil requirement is there ability to hit and identify a 6" dime on edge.
I have mild soil here so that helps a good bit.

My CTX with the 6" coil won't do it. I can get a tone and id numbers but nothing I would want to dig unless I was in a very old site without much new trash and then I would have to think about it a minute.As should be the stock coil really hits it hard and ids perfect and stable.
I think that it is more of a frequency thing but not sure.

I think that the F75 with 5" coil was hitting it but it was so noise I'm not sure.
Hope to know about Monday evening.

There is no telling how many such targets are left in the ground by me anyway.
December 19, 2014 01:22PM
how much do they sell for....gettin interested
December 19, 2014 01:38PM
Good write up Jack and nice haul of stuff there!
December 19, 2014 04:12PM
sonny, kellyco sells them
December 19, 2014 05:25PM
Jack, I have had mine for a while now. I started like you talking about what the detector could do and what great service Nokta gives, Now I just keep it to myself.......lol

Tom in SC