Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Making the V3i machine a better unmasker

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Making the V3i machine a better unmasker
December 20, 2014 12:21PM
I wonder what would happen if you went in to the V3i's programming and altered it so you could run a ground filter setting = OFF. I've read in numerous places where folks say something is amiss on the detector's ability to umask and I too have one and agree. Maybe Tom can shed some light on this. I notice the fisher machines don't have filter adjustments and the deus seems to work with silencer setting at -1, which many say is "off".
Re: Making the V3i machine a better unmasker
December 20, 2014 04:33PM
I had one and what I would do is use my G2 in iron and when I got a high tone I would take the V3 and see if I could program it to do the same...Got rid of the V3 kept the G2 and got a Deus and love the setup now I have with both detectors

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 20, 2014 06:19PM
The V3I and the TDI is my main detectors.

First thing to do is to determine what findtypes you want to unmask. For most people that is coins. 22khz is a faster frequency so it should be selected as single but in difficult ground you should use 2,5 anyway.

RX gain set at 5-6 and Disc sens at 70, AM sens for mixed mode stereo should be set at a bit deeper then the ID channel. I have mine at 60 wich is deep enough.

Sensitivity set low is important as the V3 is powerful and will be distracted by trash if set to high. These figures are the maximum you should use, even lower is better some places.

Use a DD coil and since we talk about unmasking the smaller coils are better.

For slow sweepspeeds as in unmasking a 5 filter should be used. Bring recovery delay down to 40 or lower but not to low.

Open up everything and set a deep tone ( same as your am tone ) for all numbers from -40 and lower, a distinct hightone for all tones - 39 and up you are running in two tones.

Sat speed should be fast as you possibly can like it cause it may seperate two targets for you that the ID channel have difficulties with and you will have that info in one ear.

You are running mixed mode stereo and you will have a tone only in one ear if the target is to deep to ID

Detect in polar plot screen. .
December 20, 2014 07:22PM
OldandBold nailed it. The v as proven itself to me and I hunt ghost town sites and fields. We know how loaded they are with iron. I run my in correlate too.