Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ratphones, WTB another pair...

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Ratphones, WTB another pair...
December 20, 2014 05:18PM
I know someone here has to have a good condition pair. Black, blue or white ones.
Re: Ratphones, WTB another pair...
December 20, 2014 11:14PM
If you have no luck finding any I can build you a set. Here is are some phones that I built using the white muffs (I can use what ever color you like). [www.dankowskidetectors.com] Steve skiwhiz1960@gmail.com
December 20, 2014 11:55PM
What I really need to know is will they sound like Ratphones. Rick Viola used to build these and whatever speakers he used they bring out sounds you never knew where there.
December 21, 2014 12:09AM
I gave Steve all the Ratphone info he needs to build one, it boils down to the speakers Rick was using.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
December 21, 2014 01:11AM
If Steve can build Ratphones that sound like Ratphones I am in. And I know he has been searching for the that little niche where he can offer something special. The users of the Ratphones know how special they were.
December 21, 2014 01:16AM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If Steve can build Ratphones that sound like
> Ratphones I am in. And I know he has been
> searching for the that little niche where he can
> offer something special. The users of the
> Ratphones know how special they were.

Yep I had 3 pair, two black and one of the MSA's. The speakers are the trick and like a dummy I sold two of them!
December 22, 2014 12:12AM
I believe that Ratphones used 600 ohm speakers, most of the headphones that I have build I used 600 ohm speakers in them. I had a source that I used to get them at a pretty good price but now they are no longer available there. I can get them but the price has went from $10.00 for a pair of speakers to $29.99 a pair. I have enough parts on hand (have to order the speakers) to build a couple sets of phones if any of you are interested but would have to get $79.00 for them.
December 22, 2014 12:40AM
Build me a pair young man! I'll take whatever color is easiest to get ahold of. The MSA's. PM so I can pay ya........... Thanks
December 22, 2014 12:53AM
Jack Flynn Wrote:
> Build me a pair young man! I'll take whatever
> color is easiest to get ahold of. The MSA's. PM so
> I can pay ya........... Thanks

pm sent, happy to build you a set & thanks for calling me a young man. Come to think of it I am still a kid, a 54 year old kid that is, lol. Happy holidays everyone. Steve.
December 22, 2014 01:04AM
Sounds like a bargain to me.
Sign me up for a pair
December 22, 2014 01:34AM
shoveler Wrote:
> Sounds like a bargain to me.
> Sign me up for a pair
You got it my friend.
December 22, 2014 01:48AM
Steve, Can you put a mute switch in a set? And a volume control?...Mute comes in handy when running a f75. When I lay the detector down to use the hand held pin pointer, I like to mute the unit so I can hear the pin pointer. 75 users know what I'm talking about. If you can. post the price or PM me...Thanks.
December 22, 2014 10:54AM
ozzie Wrote:
> Steve, Can you put a mute switch in a set? And a
> volume control?...Mute comes in handy when running
> a f75. When I lay the detector down to use the
> hand held pin pointer, I like to mute the unit so
> I can hear the pin pointer. 75 users know what I'm
> talking about. If you can. post the price or PM
> me...Thanks.

I sure can, I am off to work now but will pm you when I get back home.
December 22, 2014 06:30PM
When you get the time I'm in for a pair as long as they have volume controls on both sides. Color is not that importanat. I've had two pair of RAT MSA's (blue and white) I guess you include a selector switch? The old RATS you reversed the cable. (RATTAIL) I'll be using them on the beach with a Sovereign GT.You can PM me right here for the transaction. Do you take Paypal by the way?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2014 06:34PM by goodmore.
December 22, 2014 11:37PM
goodmore Wrote:
> When you get the time I'm in for a pair as long as
> they have volume controls on both sides. Color is
> not that importanat. I've had two pair of RAT
> MSA's (blue and white) I guess you include a
> selector switch? The old RATS you reversed the
> cable. (RATTAIL) I'll be using them on the beach
> with a Sovereign GT.You can PM me right here for
> the transaction. Do you take Paypal by the way?

Yes, I use a selector switch & and I do take PayPal. I made a spare Rat-tail for a fella recently but never built headphones setup for them.
December 24, 2014 01:22AM
I have enough parts on hand to make 2 sets of phones, Jack Flynn & shoveler have sent me payment and I will get their phones built and mailed out to them asap. After the holidays I will have more time hopefully to build more after things settle down. I will have to see what it cost me since I have to get my parts from other sources as some of my parts are not available where I used to get them. I do not want to over charge anyone or loose money either. I am not looking to build many phones as I don't have the time and I don't want to use Tom's forum as a place to get business. Happy holidays everyone! Steve.