Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus users and future wantabe Deus users

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus users and future wantabe Deus users
December 21, 2014 03:17AM
[www.youtube.com]

An engineering masterpiece for sure. XP should adopt the slogan from Mathews bows. It reads "Catch us if you can".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2014 03:47AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Deus users and future wantabe Deus users
December 21, 2014 04:15AM
Nice video have a question, if on your first test used a disc of 10 would you have picked up the button? And with a silencer at say 0,1,2 would you still hear it. And on two tones then three and then four would it be all broken up? What was your TX power set on? It may seem that when hunting in bad dirt and iron or maybe even trash it is best to hunt with a some disc 0-10 and you won't lose any depth and that silencer is important at -1 and is it not broken up because of the full tones?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 21, 2014 04:46AM
I want to declare this is not my video. I found it and posted link. It really shows what I'm seeing with the Deus and Keith as already talked alot about what the video supports. One thing is for sure if you think you have bad ground use reactivity 3 silencer -1. Also remember nail pits MAKE the ground bad in 2 ways. The nails themselves and the decomposition effects that have leeched in the ground.
This reactivity setting it seems is doing far more than just speeding up the deus recovery. I don't think there is another VLF detector that will do as the deus does in bad soil. An remember version 2 didn't seem to fair as well. This is what you get when you make a detector that's software can be updated via internet. The detector can only get better. I'm sure it will have its limits, but for now I'm enjoying my 2 units to the fullest. And I believe the gent in video was using the 11" coil too. Don't forget about the 9" coil, it's killer too.
December 21, 2014 04:47AM
Be careful on those videos like that...you have to set the machines up better than what he's doing to compete with the DEUS..The DEUS is also wrapping that button in to a real high tone for a eagle button.....but hes in Full tones so we almost Know the button is pegging 98 99 by that tone....

The AT pro has set the disc on zero so it then decides to break the tone to factory setting's too strong for this test...

The T2 on 2+ does also..on the you have to use 1 tone and just set it to disc nail...Sad but true...

On the AT pro you can set it on the disc setting to reject nail while using tones...

The DEUS is a top unit but the others are not Junk either, their weakness is just being preyed upon...Yet they can do much better..

The CTX is doing well on the isolated button since the machine is running no disc.....but its out of its realm with that coil for seperating...BUT he can slow down turn high trash on and Ill be the test gets better...

Theres alot of great units built...the DEUS is one of them but to be honest each one of those machines behave different on those targets...

the At pro is needing to just break at iron level to hit it.. since it trying to use the mid tone when it does report its not up averaging..

To me the At Pro seems to be working the most accurate but he should take it out of factory tone set and just break it for a nail...I like that its holding the tone mid like the corroded eagle button should read...

I in my red dirt have found the AT series to be very accurate in mineral to a dpeth of about 8 inches..

I like the DEUS the best for working through some of the nasty iron with the 9 inch...the second part of the test shows the strong point..I dont the think the first part shows the DEUS as the best I feel the AT Pro set right would be the clear advantage..

Not a thing wrong with the DEUS it makes things look easy yet the AT series is no joke in mineral..or unmasking with the 5x8 attached...

Ive always felt the AT Pro was the best bang for the buck in bad dirt and mineral when used right..if you cant afford a DEUS the AT is awesome in its own right..

Thanks for the Video

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2014 04:52AM by Keith Southern.
December 21, 2014 04:53AM
Hey Ray - watch the vid - your buddy (Barry) is selling/pushing Deus's now!

Guess he gave up on pushin the DTVG's!!

Biased BS video

as Keith said above (more or less) - every single one of those machines would hit that button IF set rgt and/or with the proper coil attached

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2014 04:57AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
December 21, 2014 05:16AM
Mathews bows is a bad example there Bro. Lol. That's the equivalent to Tesoro making such a claim with their current machines trying to compete against all the new stuff out there. "Catch us if you can" = caught and passed you about 15 yrs ago. Haha
December 21, 2014 05:49AM
The Mathews solocam was in fact a genius way to engineer a bow. Now a lot of companies have adopted similar "one cam" bows and of course they are still trying to catch em.
December 21, 2014 01:08PM
I highly recomend no one deal with that fool.Shyster,con artist.
December 21, 2014 01:37PM
deathray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I highly recomend no one deal with that
> fool.Shyster,con artist.

Yes but do you like the guy Ray?? ha--------Seriously--I think a lot of people got "turned off" on him awhile back.
December 21, 2014 02:02PM
I kept all his emails he sent me just in case I needed to share them someday. And yes Del, I really dont care for the guy much,lol.
December 21, 2014 02:35PM
You gotta remember I'm the forum archery guru smiling smiley National level competition. 2 podium finishes in ASA Pro/Am tournaments.

The solo cam is so old of technology even Mathews has ditched it and gone to binary cam systems now. The last two or three years, Mathews hasn't even had a flagship model solo cam. They've all been hybrid/binary cam bows. They got left in the dust trail of other companies that were smoking them in speed and quietness and have been playing catch up for several years. In fact, the 3 years I have shot national level competition, binary cam systems have dominated the tournaments in every class. Especially this year when a crapload of people went to Elite and PSE. In fact, Mathews has been guilty of taking basically the same bow and just adding a new name to. First was the Chill...then the Chill-R. Then the Chill-X. Now this yr it's the Chill-X Pro. Now that I think about it...Mathews is the Whites of the detector world. Package their old stuff with a new coil...add Pro to the name and charge $100 more for it...bam...New detector. Lol
December 21, 2014 09:51PM
So does that make the Deus, the Elite detector in the world???

At last check Mathews currently makes 8 solocam bows, only 6 binary cam bows. So I don't think they have ditched the solocam. Binary cams bows will be typically faster than solocam bows. The binary cam bows are harder to keep in time. For a person who doesn't own a press and shoots a lot a solocam would be better choice. Also, look at brace height. For hunting purposes the minimum IMO is 7" period. When you start wearing long sleves and jackets in cooler and cold weather the 6 and 6.5" brace heights will spell disaster. Also, Mathews has been shaving off axle to axle measurement and this too slows a bow. But it's easier to handle a 28-30" ATA in a blind or tree stand. Mathews really hasn't; ever got IMO into the target bow arena seriously. They have just recently started building split limb bows as well. They do sell bows.

I too have quite a bit of podium time. I threw arrows and shot them as well. Do a google search for Lucky Newberry. Other podium events involved billiards and pool, and another podium event was a regional math contest at age 17. And most of these podium events took place while I was on active duty in the USAF. I strongly considered getting into rimfire competition but other priorities wouldn't allow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2014 04:24AM by tnsharpshooter.
December 21, 2014 10:22PM
Well today I was very anti XP Detectors.

We set out in search of a farmers plow-part. My detector of choice CTX with 17" coil.
Then we hit a field which contains middle-age targets up to modern. My detector of choice F75 Ltd with 11" biaxial.

Detectors around me, XP GMP 2x, XP Deus 11", XP Deus 9"

So they were quite amazed when my unappreciated F75 managed to pull a 1475 coin the size of my pinky nail.
The CTX caught it's fair share of big Iron targets as well.

DEUS isn't the Elite detector of choice,... It's the God above all other detectors,... LOL

HH
Johnb
December 21, 2014 10:43PM
Well now, did you and your buds find what you were looking for???
December 21, 2014 11:01PM
Yep,... we did,... or rather the deUS did,... pretty easy target.
Plow-part measured 2,5 ft long with shovel sized blades at each end.

Whilst noise cancelling the CTX I felt it pull in the general direction of the part.

joke,...

HH
Johnb
December 21, 2014 11:09PM
Yeah, I've got a few farmers around me wanting me to go find some log chains they have lost in fields in years past.
question for Keith Southern
December 22, 2014 05:38AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Ive always felt the AT Pro was the best bang for
> the buck in bad dirt and mineral when used
> right..if you cant afford a DEUS the AT is awesome
> in its own right..

I have an AT Pro, Keith. Used it today for a few hours and had fun. Didn't find the silver or jewelry I was looking for, but found enough clad dimes and nickels to think the silver is there, somewhere.
I wish the Deus was as spot on with its VDI numbers as the AT Pro is!

But I mainly wanted to ask you this: if you think so much of the AT Pro, why don't you think even more of the AT Gold? Or perhaps you do?
I bought the AT Pro because the AT Gold was a no go for salt water, but I hear the Gold is a hotter machine than the Pro.

I'd like to hear your comparison of the Gold and Pro, both using the larger (Pro) coil. I expect you've been there/done that <g>.

TIA

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: question for Keith Southern
December 23, 2014 12:09AM
In my dirt the AT PRO is deeper in disc mode than the AT Gold..

in iron separation I found them the same..

Keith
Re: question for Keith Southern redux
December 23, 2014 12:27AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> In my dirt the AT PRO is deeper in disc mode than
> the AT Gold..
>
> in iron separation I found them the same..
>
> Keith

Ok, what about the depth of the Gold in its true all metal mode which the Pro does not have?
In your dirt, is the Pro in disc (0?) still deeper than the Gold in A.M.?
Thanks, Keith.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: question for Keith Southern redux
December 23, 2014 12:33AM
No the all metal mode is deeper...but the iron disc only works to a few inches or more ....then its dig it all...and if im doing that theres better options for depth like a F75 Like I have right now.....or a 5900 or a CoRe...or MXT in mixed mode or prospecting...they have smoother all metal modes than the raspy all metal mode on the Gold...

in other words when comapring the AT's in my dirt the disc vs disc mode the Pro is deeper for me..

But if I want to run all metal modes I like other machines all metal modes better personally..

Keith