Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 LTD...Might want to wait

Posted by ddmk6 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: F75 LTD...Might want to wait
January 18, 2015 08:13PM
FMall? Wow! That explains that. What a relief. I feel much better.
January 19, 2015 05:04AM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had no idea about sponsorship on this site. I
> have always tried to remain respectful to the
> posters on this forum. I have called out companies
> that I felt needed it. Garrett for the AT Pro
> release. Garrett again for the Pro Pointer falsing
> issues. Minelab for their taunting CTX BS release.
> I am a customer. I spend my hard earned cash on a
> product. In turn I expect that product to work. If
> not I want the company to go out of their way to
> make it right. I have no horse in this race. I
> have not owned a F75 for about five years. But the
> years of rolling over and pretending everything is
> fine when it isn't have passed. We in the hobby
> put up with that during the magazine years.
> Magazines that were controlled by the manufacturer
> dollars. The old saying still holds true. "I never
> read a bad review in a detector magazine." If this
> forum turns into a bunch of head nodding to the
> all mighty buck then I am out of here. If customer
> complaints are too much honesty then this forum
> and a certain detector manufacturer are in big
> trouble. Respect? Sure, every time. Roll over?
> Nope. Done doing that with my money.

it's YOUR scratch! you can spend it as you please!
everyone "deserves" a quality product when you buy with your money.
unfortunately,this is NOT a given today,and one must proceed with extreme caution.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
January 19, 2015 06:12AM
So, Mike Scott thanks for responding on behalf of fisher. As you can tell there are a lot of us here who really want a bad ass fisher machine. I always wanted a cz, they just looked awesome and the amazing reports of incredible depth from users in WE&T always intrigued me. Long story short I bought an xlt in the 90's instead. Only because they had lots of free goodies, hard case and others. But that is not the point I am trying to make. I got back into detecting about 3 years ago after a knee operation and selling my xlt. My first detector was as cz3d, my research did lead me to Tom's sight and the realization that my fisher is not up to par. Lacking in depth. I don't want to rehash such an old topic but it rings in my ear as to my decision about buying another Fisher. My cz3d air tested 9', but had a ground balance issue so I returned it. I received a new unit that air tested 8", after expressing my concern to both Felix and Daniel. They stated that this meets their standards. Which does not meet the standards of the serious detectorist nor does it do any thing for resale since older units from Los banos that air text into 12-13" command a premium, especially if certified by Tom.(I am stuck with a detector that has no resale value) My point being I am I bought an etrac 2 months later and have been really pleased with it. I'm thinking about a new f75. But my hesitations/questions are.
1) with the fiasco of a "new" , 8 year old detector how do I know that I have a good one if I so choose to purchase. (Believe me I do want to purchase a good one)
2. What does Fisher deem a good unit? My experience has been an eye opener. There has been descrpencies, from unit to unit. And what Fisher says is acceptable says nothing to the difference between unit to unit.
3. Yes I'm bitter about a bunk çz3d that I spent $800 on two years ago. But I am open to a new f75.
4. A cz that has little resale value and the thought of buying another Fisher that is sub par and has no resale value leaves me wander in other directions abouty next detector purchase.

Yes I am whining, but I am also serious about where I spend my hard earned cash.
January 19, 2015 02:44PM
Nailed-it says:

1) with the fiasco of a "new" , 8 year old detector how do I know that I have a good one if I so choose to purchase. (Believe me I do want to purchase a good one)

this is exactly the part that I don't like. you won't know you have a 'good one', i.e., like Keith has reported to have, unless you test it yourself, after researching how a 'good one' should perform. personally, being from Canada, I won't take the risk. I simply would want to purchase one knowing that mine would have the same performance as Keith S. reports...all of this 'fiasco' is very disappointing...
January 20, 2015 05:37AM
tell (f.t.) to send you one with the coil taped up!
tell 'em you want to test it yourself,and if it passes your tests,you will
wire the money!..try it out!..all they can do is say no!..no bullshit!
let it rip!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
January 21, 2015 05:50AM
canslawhero Wrote:
> Nailed-it says:
>
> 1) with the fiasco of a "new" , 8 year old
> detector how do I know that I have a good one if I
> so choose to purchase. (Believe me I do want to
> purchase a good one)
>
>
> this is exactly the part that I don't like. you
> won't know you have a 'good one', i.e., like Keith
> has reported to have, unless you test it yourself,
> after researching how a 'good one' should perform.
> personally, being from Canada, I won't take the
> risk. I simply would want to purchase one knowing
> that mine would have the same performance as Keith
> S. reports...all of this 'fiasco' is very
> disappointing...
I even emailed fisher stating that if I could get one equivalent to Keith's or mike hillis' I would be happy. They stated that they stand behind their product. But again , what they stand behind is wishy washy . if your a big name hunter bam you get it. If your me you get the shaft.
Reminds me of that jerry reed song. She got the goldmine I got the shaft
January 29, 2015 05:47AM
Soooo.....My new (sent back and new again) F75 LTD2 arrived day before yesterday. Everyone I dealt with at Fisher was more than helpful. The new machine is an 1-15 serial number. The only thing I did not receive that I had asked for (and really didn't think I would), was a calibration report. I can test all I want but without something concrete from Fisher saying what it is supposed to be, it's hard to tell. I really don't have any elaborate way to test it anyways. I was just looking for information and confirmation.

Do I think I got a good one...Yes. Do I think I have the right machine for my 3 to 4 bar soil....No.

Air test numbers for what it's worth...

BP, 0 Disc, 99 sens, 4 tone, GB at 66 (what my soil balances at), Frequency 6. These numbers are with good useable repeatable tones.
Silver dime = 13"
Silver Quarter = 14"
Silver 50 = 15"
Nickle = 16"
Type 1 gold dollar = 12"

All metal mode seems a little disappointing. I'm going off of useable tone (something I would actually dig) not just a waiver in the threshold. If I were to go off the waiver in the threshold, AM is deep. A tone that sounds like something other than ground noise.....not so deep. The only time I dig those threshold waivers is in a nugget patch with the GPX 5000 ;-)

Same settings as above with threshold set at +2.

Silver dime = 9.5"
Silver Quarter = 9.5
Silver 50 = 9"
Nickle = 10"

In ground numbers for my soil (3 to 4 bars Fe) are quite different. I will be the first one to say I really don't know what I am doing with the F75. Going to be a big learning curve for me. I have played around with some of the other processes and sensitivity settings, and haven't found anything significantly better than BP mode. Lowering the sensitivity does seem to help with aquiring targets and less ground noise in this hot dirt. I have a lot more work to do on my test garden as well. Depth of buried coins is approximate. I'm going to redo it with some better measurements when I get some time.

The F75 will hear a 5" silver dime, 6" silver dime and a 5" silver 50 cent. Not sure how much deeper it will hear them (close to max now I think) but I'm going to bury some more, at more measured depths to try and find out. Now I know these will be freshly buried, but it will give me some kind of a benchmark for reference and help me learning what the machine will do in my soil. The F75 ID was really bouncy but had a tendency to ID everything in the quarter range.
The Type one gold dollar was pretty weak at just 3" depth. ID was bouncing from 24 to 65. I ran out of time for further testing.

On a side note....My AT Gold will also hear all of these targets in Disc 1, iron at 28 with good ID and tone.

Kenny
January 30, 2015 07:51PM
Hi,,,,I'm still reading conflicting reports on the F-75, especially in regards to the all metal mode being very weak....I'm wondering what is up with it????...JJ
January 30, 2015 09:58PM
Latest from FT:
Juan says 13" on a nickel in AM is MINIMAL.
Scully says in an Email that 11" on a nickel in AM is "just fine".

GOBBLE,GOBBLE.
January 30, 2015 10:52PM
doc holiday Wrote:
> Latest from FT:
> Juan says 13" on a nickel in AM is MINIMAL.
> Scully says in an Email that 11" on a nickel in AM
> is "just fine".
>
> GOBBLE,GOBBLE.

they need to get their ducks (turkeys) in a row.....that's an 18% difference!
January 31, 2015 12:55AM
I shared some test results with Ron on another forum and it's kind of interesting. Bear in mind this is only one set of results, it will be interesting to see if more people are seeing these same things. I am happy with the 1-15 unit though. No more mama bug and the display is firmly attached in the housing :-) I think when I get to an area with some better dirt it is really going to rock.

It seems there may some discrepancy between units mad 12-15 and 1-15.

It was almost an exact flip flop between BP and AM mode between the units. The 12-15 unit would see a clad quarter at 11.5", the 1-15 unit would see it at 14"

In AM mode the 12-15 unit would see the quarter at 15" and the 1-15 unit would see it at 9.5

Not sure exactly what to make out of it. I really don't mind the poor AM mode because I don't use AM much. I like tones and that is what I will be using. Unless the AM mode would see deeper than BP in my dirt, I really don't need it.

Kenny
January 31, 2015 01:38AM
Hi,,,,I'm going to go out on a limb and say FT has the problem corrected....I think that the discriminator modes are fairly consistent amongst various users....The discrepancy comes when they try to compare the all metal mode.....Could it be they don't have the threshold and other various settings correct?..Could it be silent EMI??..Or could it just be good old fashion operator error?....In closing and quite interesting is, the manual it says you should be able to detect U.S. coins at 15" to 16" under ideal conditions.....I firmly believe the air is an ideal condition so I guess it is what it is..........JJ
January 31, 2015 04:43AM
jimmyjiver Wrote:
> Hi,,,,I'm going to go out on a limb and say FT has
> the problem corrected....I think that the
> discriminator modes are fairly consistent amongst
> various users....The discrepancy comes when they
> try to compare the all metal mode.....Could it be
> they don't have the threshold and other various
> settings correct?..Could it be silent EMI??..Or
> could it just be good old fashion operator
> error?....In closing and quite interesting is, the
> manual it says you should be able to detect U.S.
> coins at 15" to 16" under ideal conditions.....I
> firmly believe the air is an ideal condition so I
> guess it is what it is..........JJ

I really gave the all metal mode an honest try. I tried all threshold levels from -2 to +9 no difference. I switched over to it from the BP mode, understanding that the BP mode carries over to All Metal.....No Joy :-)

Maybe FT has it worked out.......I'm no expert on detectors, but I'm pretty sure I know how to wave a coin in front of a coil. In all fairness there could be a lot of variables as to what people are considering a signal or not in all metal. I am using a tone that I would actually investigate, not a waiver in the threshold. That is up to interpretation by each individual user. But when you are talking a 6" difference....maybe there is a difference.

Kenny
January 31, 2015 05:15AM
My 11-14 unit didn't have any amplification in all metal mode. It was very weak. The 12-14 unit they sent, had the amplification like the other F75s I've ran. But I know exactly what you are trying to say...I.e. The diggable amplified signal vs the threshold break. A threshold break on a nickel would be around 20 inches but the overall stop you in your tracks signal would be considerably less than that. The all metal on the 12-14 is at least usable. ..but the disc mode is outstanding.
January 31, 2015 06:00AM
I just sent in my T2SE. Its about a year old havent heard anything bad like i have with the F75 wonder what gives. Maybe were they no longer sell the T@ green didnt have that many in the SE version to upgrade. The one's that have gotten back are saying WOW on the differ forums. Deeper the whole nine yards.

Bill
January 31, 2015 06:11AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> My 11-14 unit didn't have any amplification in all
> metal mode. It was very weak. The 12-14 unit they
> sent, had the amplification like the other F75s
> I've ran. But I know exactly what you are trying
> to say...I.e. The diggable amplified signal vs the
> threshold break. A threshold break on a nickel
> would be around 20 inches but the overall stop you
> in your tracks signal would be considerably less
> than that. The all metal on the 12-14 is at least
> usable. ..but the disc mode is outstanding.

You described it perfectly....although I can't even get the threshold break at 20 LOL. Disc mode is impressive.......

Kenny
January 31, 2015 05:37PM
Check out Monte's CoRe evaluation and then ask "how could FT possibly do what they are doing".