Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hey guys just joined

Posted by DigDugNY 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hey guys just joined
January 22, 2015 07:16AM
Hey everyone, I've been looking at this site for a while now and just joined. I'm Bobby S on other forums but decided to try a different name. Looking forward to spring and getting back to detecting. I use a minelab etrac with the stock coil, 6x8 sef coil, RNB battery, sunray pro gold headphones and I just bought a used 10x14 EQ2 excelerator coil off a guy. I've heard good things about this coil and hope it will help me out in some bigger areas I detect. Thanks for looking and I'm looking forward to bein a part of the group
Re: Hey guys just joined
January 22, 2015 08:10AM
Welcome Bobby.
January 22, 2015 10:05AM
Welcome to the forum. There sure is a bunch of good people on here. My name is KEN.. Right now I am in the Philippines for the winter. Than back to Indiana.......

Two Tesoro Compadres, One Silver uMax, , and one Whites Surfmaster 2 , Fisher 1266x
I had others I wish I did not sell.
January 22, 2015 10:53AM
Welcome to the forum.
January 22, 2015 12:34PM
ken ward Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Welcome to the forum. There sure is a bunch of
> good people on here. My name is KEN.. Right now I
> am in the Philippines for the winter. Than back to
> Indiana.......

find many nice rings there with the shark? I was there on R&R, 1971 and 1972....lost a ring in Subic Bay....
January 22, 2015 01:09PM
Welcome, Bobby. I detected in shirt sleeves yesterday. Have you considered moving <g>?

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
January 22, 2015 03:39PM
Thanks for the welcome. I live in NY so even though the winters suck, the history is plentiful enough to want to stay, lol
January 22, 2015 04:34PM
After you are on this forum for awhile you will start to see what we use and why. I have bought most of my detectors from what I read on this forum and have sold a few from what I read. The hot unit coming out is the Racer will it be what we are hoping for or not. Most of us like the higher end detectors because they preform and it is getting harder out there to hunt so we always want an edge...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 22, 2015 07:24PM
Welcome aboard and good luck to ya!!
January 22, 2015 07:34PM
Hey Bobby! Looks like you have a good unit to hunt with! I used an SE Pro for a few years. I am down to a couple Excals and a 705 for Minelabs currently. How long you been swinging a metal broom? What type of hunting interests you most? Some pretty finds possible where you are.
Welcome!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
January 22, 2015 10:02PM
Pasttom Wrote:
> Hey Bobby! Looks like you have a good unit to
> hunt with! I used an SE Pro for a few years. I
> am down to a couple Excals and a 705 for Minelabs
> currently. How long you been swinging a metal
> broom? What type of hunting interests you most?
> Some pretty finds possible where you are.
> Welcome!

Thanks! I really love the Etrac. It has found me some good stuff. I got into detecting when i was like 12 and im 24 now. At first i only did it once in a while but the last 5 years or so i really started getting into it. I like to coinshoot mostly. I love old coins with a passion and finding them is even better because they have a story. I dont mind finding relics either
January 22, 2015 11:20PM
Oh by the way, roger on the Sunray Pro Golds. I really, really like mine!

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
January 23, 2015 04:39AM
ken ward Wrote:
> Welcome to the forum. There sure is a bunch of
> good people on here. My name is KEN.. Right now I
> am in the Philippines for the winter. Than back to
> Indiana.......

hey ken! did ya catch the pope in manila?" musta been tough tryin' to detect around 6 mil in rizal park!
my favorite place!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
January 23, 2015 04:53AM
Welcome to the forum Bobby. Glad you are here. Great bunch of guys.
January 23, 2015 07:30PM
Welcome

Keith
January 23, 2015 08:35PM
Thanks guys
January 25, 2015 08:01AM
A great place to learn, welcome.