Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Validated/Certified F75-2

Posted by NASA-Tom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Validated/Certified F75-2
January 27, 2015 01:26AM
I have a few F75 Rev 2's. Only one is (now) validated/certified. Sooooooo much to write....... so little time. Nutshell: It's proper & deep. A 12/14 unit. PM me if you are interested.
Re: Validated/Certified F75-2
January 27, 2015 03:39AM
Tom, is there a way to get the validated 75-ltd I got from you...re-validated, after sending it back to FT for the up-date and then back through you to get validated? If I'm being ridiculous, just say so. I can see some bouncing back and forth to FT if it doesn't go well.
January 27, 2015 03:44AM
I'm also interested in your reply Tom D.
January 27, 2015 04:16AM
My usual mis-timing.......If this would have been a little over 2 weeks ago, I would have jumped on it. I just received my new one back from Fisher this afternoon. Haven't even had a chance to swing it yet. It is a 1-15 unit though. My fingers are crossed.

Kenny
January 27, 2015 04:49AM
PM Sent.
January 27, 2015 10:53AM
Also sent PM

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
January 27, 2015 12:10PM
Wow. What have I done!? I'm getting tons of requests. Steve..... yes, I can re-certify units...... and validate/certify them. BUT..... wait at least a week....... I'm swamppped with reqests!
January 27, 2015 01:32PM
Wow ready to send mine as well. It is performing well but always room for improvement. Did notice mine is sealed with calking on every screw. I imagine it is to let them know if someone has been in it. Wondering if that will effect warranty if opened? Will wait for a while till the rush is over to send mine in. Using it almost every time I hunt so it will be missed. People I hunt with think I no longer have the ET because that was I they saw me swing. Shoulder pain was the deciding factor.
January 27, 2015 01:49PM
You're providing a great service Tom, and judging from the response Fisher should be embarrassed. Can you publish the basic battery of 9.0/9.1 air tests that others have used for your certified unit? That would be a useful starting point for folks who get a new unit in the future....
January 27, 2015 01:58PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow. What have I done!? I'm getting tons of
> requests. Steve..... yes, I can re-certify
> units...... and validate/certify them. BUT.....
> wait at least a week....... I'm swamppped with
> reqests!

Tom, I think you have opened P a n d o r a s Box!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2015 04:53PM by Fletch88.
January 27, 2015 02:46PM
ddmk6 Wrote:
> My usual mis-timing.......If this would have been
> a little over 2 weeks ago, I would have jumped on
> it. I just received my new one back from Fisher
> this afternoon. Haven't even had a chance to
> swing it yet. It is a 1-15 unit though. My
> fingers are crossed.
>
> Kenny
Mine is a 1-15...and it kickes you know what!......can not turn on around house...to hot a set up.......take it to a park....Whew!....Gets a nickel at around Two feet in Disc ...At 6.....All metal is weaker...but that is ok with me!!!!!
January 27, 2015 04:00PM
mascard1 Wrote:
> ddmk6 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > My usual mis-timing.......If this would have
> been
> > a little over 2 weeks ago, I would have jumped
> on
> > it. I just received my new one back from
> Fisher
> > this afternoon. Haven't even had a chance to
> > swing it yet. It is a 1-15 unit though. My
> > fingers are crossed.
> >
> > Kenny
> Mine is a 1-15...and it kickes you know
> what!......can not turn on around house...to hot a
> set up.......take it to a park....Whew!....Gets a
> nickel at around Two feet in Disc ...At 6.....All
> metal is weaker...but that is ok with me!!!!!

I can't turn my DST unit on in the house running any boost mode at SENS=0. It's totally unstable.

But then I don't detect in my house...
January 27, 2015 04:25PM
canslawhero Wrote:
> You're providing a great service Tom, and judging
> from the response Fisher should be embarrassed.
> Can you publish the basic battery of 9.0/9.1 air
> tests that others have used for your certified
> unit? That would be a useful starting point for
> folks who get a new unit in the future....

Very sad. The entire idea that a brand new "flagship" detector should need double checking to make customers comfortable says volumes about the current state of affairs at First Texas. I think one big reason First Texas purchased Fisher was to escape the stigma of the Bounty Hunter name by associating the product with a name long respected in the industry. Between the Gold Bug, F19, and now F75 however I think they have done irreparable damage to the brand. I know that from now on when I think Fisher, I will just be thinking "Bounty Hunter with a different sticker". I have hung in there as long as I could but I personally have lost faith in the ability of the company to deliver consistent, quality product.
January 27, 2015 04:59PM
Thanks Tom. I won't get around to sending it to Fisher till close to their deadline, I believe is March 1st.
January 27, 2015 05:02PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> canslawhero Wrote:
> -----
> > You're providing a great service Tom, and
> judging
> > from the response Fisher should be embarrassed.
> > Can you publish the basic battery of 9.0/9.1
> air
> > tests that others have used for your certified
> > unit? That would be a useful starting point for
> > folks who get a new unit in the future....
>
> Very sad. The entire idea that a brand new
> "flagship" detector should need double checking to
> make customers comfortable says volumes about the
> current state of affairs at First Texas. I think
> one big reason First Texas purchased Fisher was to
> escape the stigma of the Bounty Hunter name by
> associating the product with a name long respected
> in the industry. Between the Gold Bug, F19, and
> now F75 however I think they have done irreparable
> damage to the brand. I know that from now on when
> I think Fisher, I will just be thinking "Bounty
> Hunter with a different sticker". I have hung in
> there as long as I could but I personally have
> lost faith in the ability of the company to
> deliver consistent, quality product.

yes, I checked (nice dealer verified) that the F75LTD2's up here in Canada are 11/14 models. so there goes my business. I know Mike Scott says that 11/14's are fine but I have a strong suspicion that they 'might' have the "mama" problem at the least.... Things are very expensive up here as the Loonie has been crushed and having to send a unit back across the border could be very expensive/time consuming/problematic. Don't get me wrong, I really like the sound of an F75LTD2 that is working as it should...so it's painful to knock it off my list of potential purchases...and this could be more painful to Fisher's reputation when anyone up North buys a faulty one and discovers what they have and what they'll have to go through to get it fixed....our community is small and word does get around....cheers.
January 27, 2015 05:37PM
But Steve, aren't the Gold Bug, F-19 and F75 detectors that you like and have used?
January 27, 2015 05:48PM
I would be interesting in knowing the air test data and settings for a validated F75 LTD2 as well.
January 27, 2015 06:22PM
Mike Wrote:
> But Steve, aren't the Gold Bug, F-19 and F75
> detectors that you like and have used?

Absolutely! I have owned the Gold Bug 2 since they came out. And am very happy with my current F75. There is a difference however in being to engineer a great performing product and being able to make it consistently. The CZ3D is a great detector IF you get a good one. The new F75 is great IF you get a "PROPER" one, as Keith would say. Who ever heard of a company where a third party can basically make a business of making sure brand new stuff works right?
January 27, 2015 06:42PM
I with you Steve on getting a "proper 75". I have tons of unused stuff that didn't work and I just hate the return game.
GOBBLE,GOBBLE. lol
January 27, 2015 07:40PM
Hi Tom,,,,,Kudos goes out to you and your intent to put a properly working machine into peoples hands.....Thanks....JJ
January 27, 2015 08:09PM
That "third party verification" could apply to any number of manufacturers Steve, NOT just FT. Who knows how many other brands have machines out there that are not quite "up to snuff". While a lot of guys might like to have their personal machine" Verified" by Tom, I hardy think its essential. Again, If that's what one wants and wants to pay for it then fine. Its their money, but I also think that the majority of vet hunters/detectorists are perfectly capable of assessing their own machines, ESPECIALLY those that have sent in the machines they have used for some time. It also not fair to compare Main-line Fishers to Bounty hunters either, but even if you did it would be ok with me. Bounty Hunter is NOT the same machine it was before FT took it over. They WERE junk ( I had a long talk some time ago with Dave J about this very thing), but they have been totally revamped. They are actually quite capable machines. I go to a lot of group hunts of all kinds in the course of a year, and the very last thing I would ever do it tell anyone his/her machines was crap. They are their babies, and most do quite well with them, even if they are not a machine you or I might own or use. It that old ford VS Chevy thing.
I have spoken with quite a few 75 users in the last couple of weeks, and the vast majority of them are just fine with the machines. Sure, some of us ( including myself) had to send em back in, but it was all on Ft's buck. Didn't cost me a nickel, and I am very very happy with the final product. Sometimes I think that nobody even wants to hear from the satisfied guy. I think a lot of of guys tend to overthink things, and worry too dang much whether or not their machine is exactly the same as the guy down the block, and that's one of the reasons I hate to see air-tests posted. There are soooo many variables one just doesn't know if an air test was performed properly or NOT, so any useful comparisons are just not possible in most cases. Basically I am saying that I think most guys here and elsewhere aren't dummies, and can tell if their machine isn't performing quite up to par.
I think in the end Fishers rep with most hunters out there will be just fine. Most of us "regular" guys just hunt with them and don't make a career out of testing. If all I did was test and analyze, buy and sell, and second guess everything I had I probably wouldn't enjoy detecting NEARLY as much. This isn't intended to offend you (although that's hard not to do sometimes) or point any fingers at anyone. Its just another perspective.
Respectfully, Streak!

Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> Mike Wrote:
> -----
> > But Steve, aren't the Gold Bug, F-19 and F75
> > detectors that you like and have used?
>
> Absolutely! I have owned the Gold Bug 2 since they
> came out. And am very happy with my current F75.
> There is a difference however in being to engineer
> a great performing product and being able to make
> it consistently. The CZ3D is a great detector IF
> you get a good one. The new F75 is great IF you
> get a "PROPER" one, as Keith would say. Who ever
> heard of a company where a third party can
> basically make a business of making sure brand new
> stuff works right?
January 27, 2015 08:57PM
NASA Tom
Fairly new here but have heard a lot about your validate/ certificate the f 75. If you have time could you or another with the answer explain what the process is and/ if improvements are.

Thanks
Brian
January 27, 2015 09:17PM
No offense taken Streak, though I am confused. I thought I was the one that was supposed to be putting lipstick on the pig!
January 27, 2015 09:40PM
Heee Heee.
DJK
January 27, 2015 09:44PM
I've been around a long time, just don't post very often. In the days before the internet, I bought the Fisher 1260, new, through a detector magazine ad. Years later, I bought the CZ6 when it first came out. Later, the F75 came out, I just had to have one and it was a disappointing experience. I don't think anyone knew if theirs was "correct" or not. Back then Fisher had a $50 upgrade offer. The $50 fee for corrections, got me a new battery door gasket and whatever else they did, I don't remember. But, what really got me was during the $50 visit, the detector was returned with a new coil and a letter from Fisher stating they replaced the coil as it was tested, requiring a no charge replacement. Old coil, new coil, I noticed no change in how the detector operated after the Fisher fix. So, just like mine, there are a lot of F75 users out there that wonder/wondered if they really know or knew if their detector functioned properly. Tom's certification is great for the guy who wants to hang in there, I chose not to. I may or may not buy another Fisher, likely not for some time, this fix still doesn't seem to be corrected to everyones satisfaction.
It is sad to think about new or used F75 buyers who don't follow the forums, those who don't know about all these issues. What F75, in need of what fix are you buying if you bought one today? I'll bet all dealers are itching to rid themselves of current inventory.
January 27, 2015 10:00PM
NE Patroits---DeflateGate
F75 users----Maybee or MaybeeNot Gate
January 28, 2015 12:00AM
Folks, you can pick your technology field, and most of the stuff you get is not calibrated well.

Take TVs. I used to do software training for large businesses, in this case a high end TV manufacturer. I spent a month training their engineers. About two weeks in, one of them asked me what TV I had. I said none at the moment and was going to purchase one shortly. The whole room of them told me which brand names NOT to buy, and which I SHOULD buy....and they made them all. Not only that, but they gave me model numbers I should purchase, then take it with me to training...they gave it back to me a week later...that TV looked absolutely awesome compared to beforehand. They said within tolerances is just a limit to make sure they don't have to spend too much labor on the process post manufacture. The lower end brand names were all just to sell the tvs that couldn't meet the higher specs of their top 2 brands. buyer beware, and informed buyer....you get to benefit.

I am just saying...if you want Fisher to spend as much time on your new F75s when they make them, you would have to pay them the extra couple hundred dollars, at a minimum, and the 100 of you that care won't pay for their costs in the long run. They would be out of business unless everyone would pay the extra.

I have purchased each of my detectors from Tom because I trust his brain and integrity. I don't hate Fisher for it.

If there were folks re-calibrating other brands as accurately as Tom does on the models he works on....you would be surprised what would be "proper" or not on those also.

btw: when I bought my '89 Supra I assumed I would need to have work done on it soon....later when it was a 450hp sleeper...that was more fun. same holds true with a detector.

Rod - PA
Tom D calibrated F75 DST - so deep I pulled some Chinese coins using a hole in PA.
January 28, 2015 12:01AM
The Luck of the Draw, Gate.

It is sad that we feel the need for a honest precise... 'check / validation' on the work of another.

I need to be in the field with a unit that is running by design...Not wasting my precious time with a faulty sub-par unit. Not wasting my time sending and waiting and wondering.

I want to trust the company, not have doubt.

No excuses for those units to leave shipping like that. If you don't have qualified people, friggen get them.
January 28, 2015 12:51AM
Rod, good post! makes me wonder where my G2, an early version with the original firmware, stands....It has paid for itself in finds so I can't really complain...

I wonder how many 'sub-par' units have 'just missed' a pinetree shilling or 1856 Flying Eagle cent or some such.....
January 28, 2015 01:21AM
Some time ago...... I posted some of my testings/requirements as to a F75 validation process. Someday...... I should perform a computerized spreadsheet as to this 9 hour validation/certification process..... which.... in turn,,,,,, I could then upload it. It is not a fun process..... and quite lengthy. A standard F75 LTD/SE is a 7 hour process. Now..... with more modes/features added.... it's more time-consuming. If anyone can find my previous post(s) as to the validation/certification process.... it would save me a bunch of time!