Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Great use of a penny...maybe???

Posted by SkiWhiz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Great use of a penny...maybe???
January 28, 2015 10:53AM
A fella at work lost his wallet the other day, the day he lost it he was in his yard, at Walmart, and stopped side the road to let his girlfriend drive. After he noticed it missing he searched for it with no luck. He had his license, social security card,etc. and almost $300.00 in it. I asked if he had any change in it as I was going to let him borrow my metal detector, he said no he didn't. This got me thinking and why I am posting this thread, I bet many of us me included has no metal, coins, etc. that would set off a detector. I thought even a penny in our wallet might aid in finding it if lost in long grass, a beach, leaves, etc. Just a thought.
Re: Great use of a penny...maybe???
January 28, 2015 12:25PM
Another purpose for carrying some metal is your wallet is the new "security " chip in many of the credit cards today that reportedly allow someone with a portable card reader to steal your card information simply bypass it close to you without your knowing it. There are numerous demonstrations of this on youtube usually promoting a foil or metallic sleeve to carry your cards in to block the reader. I'm guessing a coin of sufficient size , located correctly would accomplish the same goal. I used a Saint Gaudens double Eagle smiling smiley
January 28, 2015 04:07PM
His SS card dude that is a HUGE no no. I carry a key in mine so if I had to I could find it but I keep it in my front pocket

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
January 29, 2015 10:14PM
Maybe off topic but maybe not - LowBoy I hope the key you keep is not your house key - your wallet with address and house key - Holly Grail for a robber. Use the penny!

Where I work a lot of people have had there cars broke into in the Parking garage. The thief takes the registration for the car and Garage door opener. Then drives to the address and takes what they like. With two income families a car in the parking garage means nobody home - garage door opener is better then a key open garage pull in steal and then drive away.

I also found out this was happening at a park in a well to do neighborhood where I used to detect. There is a lake and nice running path. Homes are upper middle class in the neighborhood. While the soccer mom was out for a run they would do the same thing - take reg and opener - steal some easy to pawn stuff hit the road. They buy Lock Smith stuff and do not even break windows - I am glad my car has Homelink and no garage door opener.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
January 30, 2015 05:34AM
there is a great truth in this!
50/50 on going into the house from the garage!
maybe somebody inside!..maybe get shot!..maybe not!
i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
January 30, 2015 10:34AM
Also, if you have small windows in the garage door along with a door opener, thieves can bust the window and pull down the door release (the hanging rope), bahm! they're in. There is a hole to run a wire through in the release mechanism to prevent it from disengaging the opener.
January 30, 2015 04:14PM
I feel a larger coin or token would work better...If a house does not have an alarm system very easy to break window for entrance not to mention most locks are easy to pick if one has the knowledge.....