Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2 small gold rings and a partial Italian gold chain

Posted by Digs_alot 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
2 small gold rings and a partial Italian gold chain
January 28, 2015 11:47PM
Got in 2 days at the beach, and pulled out 3 small gold finds.

On the 1st day, the 14k gold flower ring was being masked by a large fishing leader. Fortunately, the fishing leader also had a very low conductive value. The partial Italian gold chain was easily detected using manual sensitivity 25.

The 2nd day, the small broken 14k gold ring appeared to be a recent washed in, and was detected near the gold chain find from the previous day. Another ring was also detected near this broken gold ring.

I'm guessing that when a particular series of tides occur here, small lightweight gold jewelry that has a lot of surface area per volume washes in at key locations along the shoreline.
I’m very glad that I mapped the locations of the gold and platinum finds at this beach. Eventually, I’ll start using the CTX’s GPS features to keep track of the gold find locations.

Here's a photo of the gold finds.

Air-tested with:
11 coil
Auto-sensitivity = 16
Noise Cancel #11
ID = inner diameter (in millimeters)
Rings air-tested with ring parallel to coil, unless otherwise noted

carat ID   grams depth  FE-CO  max depth description
14k   ---- 3.09   1”    13-01    1.5"    partial Italian gold chain
14k   13   1.28   4”    12-02    6"      flower gold ring
14k   15   1.16   2”    12-02    2.75"   broken gold ring, ring parallel to coil
                  2”    13-02    3.5"    broken gold ring, ring face parallel to coil

Here are some before and after cleaning photos of the gold jewelry.
The 14k gold flower ring appears to be the only gold find that has some possible age to it. Besides the typical 14k reddish-brownish seawater corrosion, the outside of the ring appears to have hammering marks.

Here are some of the other finds. The silver colored ring had a very low target ID value like gold or platinum, but was too light.

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil
Re: 2 small gold rings and a partial Italian gold chain
January 28, 2015 11:58PM
Hi,,,,boy you always do good and the report is excellent.....Thanks for sharing....JJ
January 29, 2015 12:19AM
Very well done, sir!

mike
January 29, 2015 12:35AM
Very nice Digs_alot

Like JJ said = you ALways do good!

Keep us updated with how you do using the GPS on the CTX and tracking finds..
January 29, 2015 05:06AM
love this guy's reports!!!
January 29, 2015 06:52AM
Well done. Both the finds and post are excellent!
January 29, 2015 11:34PM
Thanks all.

I think I’ll try out the GPS on the next beach hunt, but hope the GPS is not a jinx (LoL).

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil