Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Jack or anyone...Fors Core on rusty bottlecaps?????????

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Jack or anyone...Fors Core on rusty bottlecaps?????????
January 29, 2015 03:35PM
I had a Deus and seemed to dig a lot of rusty bottlecaps as they were heavy in the parks that I hunted...early model. Anyway how does the fores core do on these rust bottlecaps. When I had the e trac, never dug ANY as it did not give a good signal over them..thanks in advance
Re: Jack or anyone...Fors Core on rusty bottlecaps?????????
January 29, 2015 06:17PM
Most of the rusty bottle caps ID as a "82-83" on my Fors CoRe...the same as a zinc cent in my area. They have a broken and scratchy signal for the most part...but I have been fooled by a lot of them. IMHO they are a little easier to identify than with the Deus. But you can still dig a lot of them...you just got to get the hang of it.

Charles
January 29, 2015 06:21PM
Charles (Sabre)(Tx) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Most of the rusty bottle caps ID as a "82-83" on
> my Fors CoRe...the same as a zinc cent in my area.
> They have a broken and scratchy signal for the
> most part...but I have been fooled by a lot of
> them. IMHO they are a little easier to identify
> than with the Deus. But you can still dig a lot
> of them...you just got to get the hang of it.
>
> Charles

I agree, very easy to ID with the Fors unit. I never dig a sold 82-83 signal. If you do the walk around and the signal does not change, keep walking.

Tom in SC
January 29, 2015 06:54PM
Now I'm getting upper sixties on rusty bottle cap ID. They are not a solid hit at all. WhereI'm hunting they are really rusty bottle caps.
January 30, 2015 12:11AM
Okay, I just went into my front yard. Took a late year memorial and an un corroded Corona bottle cap. The coronas caps are usually pretty high in build quality so a good choice to use for test. In DI2 sens level 50 the corona cap IDs as 82/83. It IDs as 82/83 on every sweep,but to get the 82/83 the coil has to be centered almost spot on when sweeping, just an inch or so off center the caps VDI drops into the 50s. Tried the same with late year memorial. Memorial read 82 on all sweeps. It even read 82 when the coil was moved back and forth all the way to the heel and tow of the coil. Realizing of course when you get that far off center depth will struggle. So I then went to DI2 sens 75. I saw the same results with both test targets, just had more airtest depth capability. If you get an 82/83. Sweep and pull coil back or push forward just a tad, if the targets TID drops some 10 or more points walk, if it stays up dig. Only other thing to consider is if you're hearing iron tone coming "quick" after the target with the drop in TID, this in fact could be a mask coin slipping through the iron.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2015 12:12AM by tnsharpshooter.