Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

FORS CoRe unit performance update (EMI)

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
FORS CoRe unit performance update (EMI)
January 29, 2015 08:35PM
Remember in my last post, where I stated this was the quietest machine I've ever ran?? Well today I took the unit around and under some BiGGG powerlines, the ones on big metal poles. I put the unit in DI2, sens 93, ID mask 10. I ground balanced swept coil, quiet. Held detector's coil (stock coil) up towards the power lines from many different angles including straight underneath pointing straight up. Quiet as a mouse. Have had my Deus here before, a sens setting of 88 was tolerable (still a bit noisy) any higher pinball machine effect. A White's V3i in same area/spot, total pinball action regardless of settings.
Re: FORS CoRe unit performance update (EMI)
January 29, 2015 11:19PM
Same here, under all Kinds of lines and no problems at all even the big coil in a place we couldn't detect with much of anything else. The Etrac sounded like a wood chipper, unusable.
January 29, 2015 11:39PM
holy crap, sounds like there are some very talented designer/engineers in Turkey....I'm very impressed with that and surprised.
January 29, 2015 11:39PM
Jack, when you get your camera up and running, maybe you can get out with your buds with their different detectors and slide your mic in their headsets to show comparisons in quietness in some EMI environments. I am looking forward to watching your videos. Already bought the popcorn. Looking forward to others comments as well.
January 30, 2015 12:58AM
I have an area that holds coins back to the 1870's. One part of it now shares a border line with a mobile home park. Along that border detectors go crazy. The Fors I had was no different. It went to totally unusable in the same spot every other detector I took there has. It might be better than most detectors, but it has it's weak flaws just like any other piece of electronic equipment.
January 30, 2015 02:03AM
I agree Goodmore, but so far my CoRe unit runs quieter in places so far versus Deus, CTX, ETrac, F75, F19, and V3i. This has to mean something. I believe it is value added IMO, but maybe I'm wrong.
January 30, 2015 02:58AM
Hi TSS............What would you say is the average that you can run the sensitivity at...50%....80% etc.????....JJ
January 30, 2015 03:10AM
Honeymoon phase. Til the next fling comes along. smiling smiley

A month or so ago it was the Deus being how you considered Mathews bows to be "Catch us if You Can". Now you're describing the Nokta as being better than the Deus. So does that mean your Mathews has been caught and passed? Haha smiling smiley
January 30, 2015 03:35AM
Daniel,
Well to start with I didn't have a FORS CoRe unit a month ago. And all that was talked about really with the unit was its small coil unmasking abilities, Does it unmask with stock coil better than Deus. I think so. What do you want me to do, lie about it? And did you notice where Monte has put the MXT Pro?? I try and deal with the facts as I see them. There can't be anything wrong with that. And I will never run down someone else's post; especially when they took the time to write it!!! Tom D has posted some long post, Johnny Anglo too, to name a few. I actually find them interesting and educational and I appreciate them. Sometimes I have to read them a couple times, as they are very detailed and complex.

JJ,
I've been able to run my CoRe unit at DI2 93 sensitivity at every site I've taken it to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2015 04:01AM by tnsharpshooter.