Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

FORS CoRe DI2 vs DI3

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
FORS CoRe DI2 vs DI3
January 30, 2015 02:25AM
Was running CoRe unit today in DI3 sensitivity 99 (max) ID mask 10, machine again very quiet. I hit this target reading 84, nice high tone. Before I dug I switched to DI2, sensitivity automatically sets to 50. Swept target, just a peep tone no TID. Increased sensitivity to 60, got good tone but jumpy TID(not real jumpy but jumpy nonetheless). Upped the sensitivity to 65 good tone and solid TID (rock solid on every sweep). Target turned out to be a old metal flat button on edge at 6 inches. I posted this to show the differences one could maybe expect to see when using the 2 modes with varying amounts of sensitivity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2015 02:44AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: FORS CoRe DI2 vs DI3
January 30, 2015 02:49AM
Hi,,,I get the feeling you don't like tis machine...LoL..........JJ
January 30, 2015 03:14AM
It sorta like a minelab (if you have your disc screen setup). Like plug and play. This detector was first talked about for its small coil unmasking abilities. I see more. Even the stock coil provides significant unmasking advantages when compared to other machines with like size coils and some with even smaller coils attached. This bleeding audio has got to be one of the driving culprits behind the machines ability to unmask. It actually gives a smidge of a high tone coming off of rusted nail point or a new nail point. It's like the audio gate is being primed/readied when over iron to accept a nonferrous target. I don't quite understand the electronics behind it but it works. And the 40 tone break even adds to the mystery. No disc setting really necessary to get great/ substantial unmasking performance. This ID masking setting is something else I need to play with and experiment with. I know lowering it makes the machine seem more noisy; especially at high sensitivity settings. But maybe with lower sensitivity settings and proper setting, the ID mask setting may be another unlocker, depending on site/coil size. I believe Nokta has/will rock the detecting world. They are definitely on the right track.
January 30, 2015 04:53AM
Enjoying yours and Jacks post on the core. Keep em coming and best of luck to ya!Ray