Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Extra-terresitial effects on detecting

Posted by davjac 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Extra-terresitial effects on detecting
January 30, 2015 05:47PM
As we know metal detecting is essentially about magnetic fields and the interference with them caused by metal objects and measured by our detectors.
My question is what effect do different phases of the moon have on our ability to detect and possibly sun spot activity?

Might be nothing but it will be interesting to hear your thoughts.
Re: Extra-terresitial effects on detecting
January 30, 2015 06:22PM
This has been brought up so many times. IMO, the moons influence is gravitic, not magnetic, on the Earth. IF(that's a big IF) there was any magnetic affect, large things like, IDK, airplanes would be affected first. Also, our compasses would be screwed everynight LOL.
January 30, 2015 07:38PM
Hi davjac,,,,,I want to tell you I was a Doubting Thomas as far as the extraterrestrial effects on me and my detecting goes....That was until one cold December morning,I remember it well....There was a slight nip in the air,the kind that just makes your liver quiver just a little....I was working an old fairgrounds using my trusty Wally World 808 and things were going great....I was at the top of my game that morning pulling clad and feeling good in the hood....I never get mad even a tad,I'm always glad to pull clad and I'm never sad cause it's all good,not bad with the clad I had....Little did I know what was about to happen would change me and my life for ever....I was swinging my WW-808 22" coil at the recommended ten feet per second keeping it elevated at 58 degrees for the proper planet alignment....I was working the coin planet Zinc that morning....Who knows tomorrow I may try Saturn at 82 degrees and try my luck for some rings....I continued to swing that thingy,,pulling a coin on the average of eight coins a minute .... When all of a sudden without warning,,out pops this two foot tall Extraterrestrial Being from behind an old oak tree.....I was startled at first but then I thought to myself,,,,heck he looks just like me,,but with hair and no beer gut....You know the old saying,,,,Hair today gone tomorrow,,,,Big gut stay in the hut....The being approached me ever so slowly and stop about ten feet from me....I could tell by it's body language it was trying to communicate with me....You know, now that I get a better look at this thing it was kinda sexy looking....I think it might be a female,could this be the woman of my dreams I asked myself? TBC doubtful...............JJ

PS: all kidding aside yes I believe anything is possible........
January 30, 2015 07:41PM
January 30, 2015 07:46PM
Moon - No, Sun Spots maybe - but to be an issue lots of RF dependent technology would be hurting as well - just as a side that chance of major communication interruption as a result of Sun spots is not only possible but it has happened - the potential for even larger disruptions Yep! - Get out the Tin cans and string please.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
January 30, 2015 11:19PM
All I know dial in hotdays, cold days, humid days, cloudy days, rainy days and whatever mother nature throws at us expect your detector to act different at times.
What I wonder is with all these cell phones, ipods and boxes the people wear out their thumbs what do these waves do plus or minus....
January 30, 2015 11:31PM
I know everytime a U.F.O. gose over i can detect a dime at 32".
January 30, 2015 11:37PM
Great story JJ. You write children's books?

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
January 31, 2015 02:10AM
My question is what effect do different phases of the moon have on our ability to detect and possibly sun spot activity?

Here's a picture of me on the beach during the last full moon. I didn't sense any change in the detector...
January 31, 2015 02:15AM
Johnnyanglo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My question is what effect do different phases of
> the moon have on our ability to detect and
> possibly sun spot activity?
>
>
> Here's a picture of me on the beach during the
> last full moon. I didn't sense any change in the
> detector...
> [i1155.photobucket.com]
> lo/WerewolfDetectorist.jpg

lollololololololololol hahahaaha
January 31, 2015 03:00AM
Jimmy---Jimmy----You DEFINITELY have too much time on your hands!! smiling smiley-----Gotta run now---I sense a "full moon arisen"!---Remember that (cool) song?----And I ain't even from London!-------Johnny----you are one good lookin stud!!!--yikes
January 31, 2015 04:55AM
JJ has been possessed by Dr. Suess.
January 31, 2015 09:08AM
Yes Jimmy has WAAAY to much time on his hands, and he's gonna have ALOT more in about 12hrs when that big storm that's moving up from the south west hits us!

Johnny Anglo....LOL!

Aaron
January 31, 2015 09:48AM
I guess that means we think there is little or no effect but creative replies!!

Thanks for thinking.
January 31, 2015 09:58AM
circadian rythmes influence your body during the day so there could be an optimum time to search
January 31, 2015 05:01PM
Actually, "state of mind" is the biggest influence in my book. You can hunt all day, and if you r not in the right frame of mind, then its just a waste of time.

Bey
February 01, 2015 01:34AM
JJ....your letting to much time go by in between these crazy ass stories that make me bust a gut...keep em coming