Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Another FORS CoRe hunt EMI update

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Another FORS CoRe hunt EMI update
January 31, 2015 01:14AM
Took the detector today to a house (big 6000sq ft) that had all 3 external central heat units running. Residence also has satellite TV and satellite internet and about every electronic gadget inside except a metal detector and is surrounded on 3 sides by power lines. In DI2 had just a little noise at 93 sensitivity, backed off to 91 sens almost dead quiet, at 90, dead quiet using stock coil. A really old home
circa 1890 that has had modern additions added over the years.
Re: Another FORS CoRe hunt EMI update
January 31, 2015 11:41PM
And you found?????????? Come on, tell us.
Re: Another FORS CoRe hunt EMI update
February 01, 2015 01:24AM
Three merc dimes and a 1968 quarter, 2 keys. I will hunt some more. There has been lots of concrete poured for patios/driveways in addition to the large square footage built around the original structure. There was one place (loads of nails) I definitely need to go with the small coil. I can pretty much hunt this site when I want. Usually only go there when I'm short on time or weather is threatening. Did find a 1867 nickel on the same farm at a real small old house site. I gave it to the landowner. She's wanting 1 each good old coin for each of her 2 boys for keepsakes. So I still need to find one more.