Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone Know anything about the Whites V4

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Anyone Know anything about the Whites V4
May 04, 2015 05:32AM
I'm with ya on that. I'm rootin' for Whites as they have seemed to have lost a lot of traction to the big influx of other machines and that DAMN AT Pro that is almost required by law to own.

I have no doubt they can do it if they carefully analyze the market and what people are asking for. Lighter, waterproof, maybe computer upgradable software/firmware, wireless, etc.
May 04, 2015 03:09PM
I'm rootin' for White's too. They may not be able to devote the resources to developing a whole new machine right now. But what they can do, is improve upon some of their existing designs. That will keep them in the game a little longer while they decide what to do in the long term.

Plus, I think there are several really good ways to refresh a couple of their designs. I could go on-and-on with the many ideas I've had recently, but here's the best one (or at least the one *I* would like the most). A hybrid between the VX3 and the MXT. We all know the MXT has fantastic performance and is simple to use. Add a second frequency! They could add 2.5 kHz and end up with a two-frequency detector like the CZ's. Put a three-way toggle on the case for "2.5" "14" and "Both." Adapt the V-series color display pod to the new design to give a Signagraph and "two-frequency" pinpoint. It would be compatible with all existing V-series coils. Call it the "MXV." Basically what I'm suggesting is to build on the proven MXT platform and add in a few of the advancements of the V-series without messing with the great audio and hot performance of the MXT.

I'm not sure how difficult the engineering would be to add the second frequency, especially simultaneously. But even if they could just add an either-or choice between the two frequencies and a black/white screen like the XLT/DFX with signagraph, that would be a big step up and would be enough to get me to buy one. But most importantly, it would keep us White's fans happy for a little longer (and White's in business) while they take the time to engineer a whole new detector.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2015 08:18PM by wayfarer.
May 04, 2015 07:17PM
DFX - they know how to do two frequencies. DXT maybe since D stands for Dual. - Add a Waterproof case to 10 meters, wireless headphone option, and full Stereo mixed mode, and manual GB override or a way to set a GB offset.

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
May 05, 2015 08:28AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> its a V3i upgraded==== Included in the software
> upgrade may be two added frequencies, the ability
> to hunt in one or any combination including just
> two frequencies, and a pi mode..
>
> Sounds Awesome if a P.I. mode is included in a V3i
> type unit..
>
> Available April 15th...
>
> not sure if its true but I saw it on another
> forum
>
yes! it comes after the 3! have not heard of any such likelihood!
perhaps others can enlighten!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
> Keith
May 06, 2015 03:31PM
Well the 15th came and went...

No news...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 06, 2015 03:37PM
Maybe just a rumour to make people stop buying the V3i ??????
Used prices are coming down.

:shrug:

Mike
May 06, 2015 07:22PM
It's just like the end of the world - if you wait long enough it will come. I really hope they have something coming out I think they need it. It is kind of like Harley Davidson someday they will have to do something different. I am sure Harley will. - not sure White's will make it in time. Hope they do though.

Keith Southern Wrote:
> Well the 15th came and went...
>
> No news...
>
> Keith

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
May 06, 2015 10:01PM
deadlift Wrote:
> Wow sounds very cool. I really like that company
> and want them to be sucessful. Ive honestly
> started to get a little concerned about them down
> the road w/all these foreign machines coming in.

I seriously doubt that Whites is hurting. They have been making some of the best detectors on the market for a Looooong time. When someone who has never touched a metal detector before thinks about trying out the hobby what company is probably the first to come to mind? I'd say Whites. These people have never heard of those foreign makers, but grandpa had a Whites.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
May 06, 2015 10:36PM
PittsburghWill Wrote:
> These people have never heard of those foreign makers,
> but grandpa had a Whites.

Will, that's why I didn't want to like Whites when I was younger. Old fogies...
But darn it, they made/make some mighty good detectors...and now that I AM grandpa...and a certified 'Old Fogie'...oh,well.
winking smiley
mike
May 06, 2015 11:37PM
When I got into detecting the only reason I knew White's existed I went into a detector store in Denver and that is what they carried prior to that a Rock store near where I lived in the mountains carried Minelab - never heard of them either. What I had seen many times before I got interested is Bounty Hunter. If you pick up mags Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics, and Garrett are very prominent - Whites is there also but not any more promenent then those other four I mentioned.

PittsburghWill Wrote:
> deadlift Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wow sounds very cool. I really like that
> company
> > and want them to be sucessful. Ive honestly
> > started to get a little concerned about them
> down
> > the road w/all these foreign machines coming
> in.
>
>
> I seriously doubt that Whites is hurting. They
> have been making some of the best detectors on the
> market for a Looooong time. When someone who has
> never touched a metal detector before thinks about
> trying out the hobby what company is probably the
> first to come to mind? I'd say Whites. These
> people have never heard of those foreign makers,
> but grandpa had a Whites.

Bryanna - Nebraska

May 06, 2015 11:56PM
Bryannagirl Wrote:
> When I got into detecting the only reason I knew
> White's existed I went into a detector store in
> Denver and that is what they carried

I may know the guy that ran that store. Can't remember the name of the place right now, but he sometimes smoked some nice smelling pipe tobacco...so the place always had a little of that smell.
Bought about 5 detectors from him over the years...He retired to Mexico and bought a small restaurant to run.

Small world.
smiling smiley
mike
May 07, 2015 03:21AM
Bryannagirl Wrote:
> It's just like the end of the world - if you wait
> long enough it will come. I really hope they
> have something coming out I think they need it. It
> is kind of like Harley Davidson someday they will
> have to do something different. I am sure Harley
> will. - not sure White's will make it in time.
> Hope they do though.
>
> Keith Southern Wrote:
> -----
> > Well the 15th came and went...
> >
> > No news...
> >
> > Keith

wouldn't bet against 'em! they been at it a very long time!
i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 07, 2015 04:07PM
I called whites and fisher this week And asked if anything new was in the works and they both said no. But I don't know if they could say if it was either so I borrowed a tdi sl to see if I like it.
Thanks West tn Fred.
May 07, 2015 07:06PM
Golden Detectors is the name and it is Downtown Golden. I said Denver because as you know Golden and Denver are pretty close. When I first went there I remember two guys running it. But last time I stopped by in Feb of this year I only saw one guy. It had been a few years since I had been there - still a good store. White's, Garrett and Teknetics they always said Garrett did not run as well in Colorado as it did in Arizona. Something about soil and gold being different. Hey has sold a lot of White's and still does.
Mike in CO Wrote:
> Bryannagirl Wrote:
> -----
> > When I got into detecting the only reason I
> knew
> > White's existed I went into a detector store in
> > Denver and that is what they carried
>
> I may know the guy that ran that store. Can't
> remember the name of the place right now, but he
> sometimes smoked some nice smelling pipe
> tobacco...so the place always had a little of that
> smell.
> Bought about 5 detectors from him over the
> years...He retired to Mexico and bought a small
> restaurant to run.
>
> Small world.
> smiling smiley
> mike

Bryanna - Nebraska