Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ7apro--norm mode vs.salt mode

Posted by dan 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
dan
CZ7apro--norm mode vs.salt mode
February 27, 2008 03:26AM
Would there be any advantage to using salt mode in a non-salt environment vs. normal mode with a CZ7aPro ? Could both modes be used in the same non-salt environment with different results?

Is there any major difference electronicallly between newer CZs' (except for analog vs. digital and the 4th tone)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2008 02:24AM by dan.
Re: CZ7apro--norm mode vs.salt mode
February 27, 2008 04:19AM
I have used the salt mode on my CZ-70 on occasion to try something different at some early farm/home sites with some success finding some old coins versus the normal mode. I posted about this years ago on the Findmall Forum without much feedback. I really haven't tested it to see if it changed the target ID much or iron handling capabilities...Tom can certainly elaborate more about this...I've always wanted to know if it could make a difference?
February 27, 2008 10:44PM
On all CZ's (except CZ-3D)..... there is virtually no difference operating the detector in the 'salt' mode vs. the 'normal' mode except the detector will have a fairly large reduced performance on small gold. Try a truly real gold open hoop earring in the 'normal' mode..... then switch to 'salt' mode and watch the detection abilities completely disappear. Costume gold PLATED jewelry will give different results...... so make sure the earring is truly a 10Kt or 14Kt earring.
.....One more exception; Yes, operating the detector in 'salt' mode vs. 'normal' mode,,,,the detector WILL handle iron differently. Sometimes for the better..... sometimes for the worse. You MUST find out your local conditions vs. performance to get YOUR specific results. The phase shift angle change is always a constant when switching from 'salt' to 'normal' and vise-versa.......,,,,,, but it is the local ground conditions (moisture content, mineralization, local EMI, type of iron, iron decomposition status etc....etc....) that will show you the difference when switching between the two modes of operation.

Tom
February 28, 2008 02:01AM
Tom,

What about target ID on a digital CZ Salt versus Normal mode?...say on a 1900 indian head penny for example? Thanks,

Chris
February 28, 2008 02:10AM
Digital Vs. Analog CZ's are the same. There should be NO difference between 'salt' and 'normal' on a IH penny; HOWEVER, a different path of circuitry is utilized between the two modes (sort of like having 2 detectors in one box)..... and SOMETIMES the Calib. set-points between 'salt' and 'normal' may slightly differ....with the resultant that a target that registers on the very bottom of a ID window..... might just read the next lower window in the Salt mode (or Normal mode). Hopefully, the 'normal' mode is more accurate (if not exactly the same) as the 'salt' mode.

Tom
dan
February 28, 2008 02:18AM
Tom
regarding the different models of the Czs' produced, has there been sigificant changes other than the 4th tone?

Dan
February 28, 2008 09:52AM
Dan,

No significant changes, with the exception of the CZ-3D with it's primary electronic design intent to register/read "old" generation coins as a "coin-tone" (high tone) instead of a mid-tone (trash tone) like all other CZ's (and all other brand detectors)..... yet, with the CZ-3D still keeping the bulk of the trash as a mid-tone (trash tone).
...There have been minute' changes to all of the CZ's throughout it's 18 year (thus far) production time..... such as; upgrading this resistor,,,,upgrading that IC chip etc.... etc......
.....But, for the most part, since the finalized prototypes of Thanksgiving/Fall of 1990, the unit remains the same.

Tom
dan
February 28, 2008 12:46PM
Tom & Christopher,

Thanks for the input and info! You answered some questions that I have been wondering about for some time. love the forum!

Tom I have your vhs tape,is the cd different?

Dan
February 28, 2008 09:25PM
Dan,

The DVD is very different..... and is 92 minutes long.