Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My Racer unpacking Video & inital testing Video// Gold Nugget test added

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: My Racer unpacking Video & inital testing Video
February 08, 2015 08:02PM
Could be because the Racer was designed with 5x10 coil in mind first???? Bigger coil 7x11, makes nose heavy.
Keith how does balance/weight/extended handling of Racer compare to T2/F75???
I actually felt like my F75 beat me up moreso than FORS CoRe unit during same time frame hunt with similar landscape.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2015 08:04PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 08, 2015 08:52PM
Well that is an honest review Keith...I wonder what the company is thinking after reading that...maybe the Americans are driving us crazy or we will sell a good amount but not a great amount but we will sell more CoRe to the hardcore hunters. And I wonder in England with their history if the racer is going to be looked at as a nice priced machine that can keep up with the big boys but not beat them?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 08, 2015 09:41PM
It seems to me like the small coil is what makes this detector special. Just like it's cousin the Fors Core. I don't mind chasing iron every so often. And the more I get to know a detector the less I do it. I had the same problem with the small CTX coil. I would make the targets sound good by manipulating my swing. I really do appreciate the honesty and time you put into this Keith. This detector has been super hyped and now we get to the bottom of it all. I will file the information way in my brain. More than likely I will pick up a used one sometime.
February 08, 2015 09:53PM
Keith,

Would it be possible to do a video nail board test with each coil?

Thanks, El
Re: Heres a Night shot of the Screen and Control Cursor
February 08, 2015 10:26PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Brian yes as you turn down the intensity the
> cursor pad goes down too..
>
> Ive ran the screen on bright for about 3 hours now
> yesterday and this evening and ran the flashlight
> also same amount and the battery bars are still
> full...and they have about 8 hours on them right
> now...
>
> the Noktas and now Makros seem to be battery
> misers...
>
> Youll really like the flashlight...it seems to
> light up an area better than the Core...more of a
> 180 degree field compared to the CoRe more like
> 120 degree...also the housing cover is clear on
> the back side so the light works fine through
> it..
>
> Keith

Nice, that's well thought out. Great to see some common sense being used when implementing these kind of features.
February 09, 2015 12:48PM
XP allegedly spend 5 mill on design and development so you see why their deus is good on phones only
February 10, 2015 03:20PM
Ok Elbert I'll get on it in....

And yes i would love to get hold of the 5x10 dd on this unit...

i actually wished the CoRe had a 5x10 months ago..

Keith
Nail Board Test (VIDEO)
February 10, 2015 05:41PM
February 10, 2015 06:18PM
Good video Keith. With good narration. I don't have Racer, but to me from looking at your video, seems CoRe's audio is a bit more intelligible than Racer.
And the most difficult coin/nail test in your video. Besides the Racer and CoRe units, what other detector/coil setups to your knowledge yield a in your opinion passing grade??
(with correct/optimal settings)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 06:21PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 10, 2015 06:32PM
And since I can't edit my above post.
Keith seems I remember in watching one of your CoRe videos, it with stock coil passed the 12 penny nail with nickel test. Does the Racer pass this test??
CoRe Racer Shootout ( Video)
February 10, 2015 10:26PM
Short video showing where they slightly differ

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 11:08PM by Keith Southern.
February 10, 2015 10:30PM
Thats a 12 penny in the Video Sharpshooter...yes alone on a 12 penny they are about equal with some slight clipping nuance high sound going to the Core(SLIGHT) ..

The problem's you see in the test here is there's other nails also in the locale...so we see a little harder unmasking scenario..So very good performance even with large stock coil

Keith
February 10, 2015 10:48PM
Thanks Keith. Again, very good video. I realize a lot of work and time. Much appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2015 11:36PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 11, 2015 03:20AM
Quite Welcome..

Keith
February 11, 2015 10:16PM
That test garden is a bout 2 months old now..and yes I do have a video of all targets being placed in the dirt...I just never loaded it ..I just use it for reference incase I dont remember where and what is in a hole.. and yes they are measured...

So on these targets the F75 V2 hits the Nickle and the F19 and the Tejon and DEUS...GMP...The CoRe and the Racer.. and one I cant talk about right Now..LOL

Keith
February 11, 2015 10:28PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> That test garden is a bout 2 months old now..and
> yes I do have a video of all targets being placed
> in the dirt...I just never loaded it ..I just use
> it for reference incase I dont remember where and
> what is in a hole.. and yes they are measured...
>
> So on these targets the F75 V2 hits the Nickle and
> the F19 and the Tejon and DEUS...GMP...The CoRe
> and the Racer.. and one I cant talk about right
> Now..LOL
>
> Keith

Huh??

Holdin out on us!?

"One you can't talk about rgt now"!?

G2+ !?!?
February 11, 2015 11:38PM
Hmmm G2+ ..They will be out in June I was told Wayne..

I would like to try one!!!

Keith
February 11, 2015 11:55PM
Hey Keith, do you think they will offer an upgrade for the older G2's like they did on the F75?
Updated thoughts on the Racer
February 12, 2015 12:10AM
Well im past the 20 hour mark ..well past it...

And since im assured the tones are right....they were made like that...besides a worry about the Right angle of the grip....I really cant fault the unit...Something tells me the Pole can be lazied out some though...And If Im the only one nagging then its just me...if others express fatigue then its the Pole...

I have some compaliants about the CoRe grip too..So my final realization is its more apples to apples than apples to oranges...

The machines are so close they are twins...maybe certian small traits are different but they are the same DNA for sure..

And slight depth on high conductors and or larger targets still goes to the Racer I feel in my soil...the Racer has more Audio volume Boost than the CoRe...

One thing that really let me Know the racer would fill my needs as well as the CoRe and maybe be a better do it all for me personally was the other day way back in the woods I dug a small sterling silver piece of jewelry shaped like a heart about the size of the end of a pencil eraser...at it was quite deep .. it jumped on it well...with great gusto volume audio...I was impressed.. Its on par with the Core even on the smallest of stuff IN THE DIRT it so seems and offers a bit more Audio Volume boost ..

So My findings are if you dont need to save programs and arent looking for minute small flakes of stuff and are after coin sizes at depth the Racer is an easy to go to detector...

I know I can rely on it as of now....it has proven to me what its capable of plus it has the 5x10 coil available that is my favorite coil of all for a High gain unit...I hope to add that coil eventually to the Racer.

I know Im harsh with my attention to detail on things...maybe more so than others may ever care to notice...But at least the Company listens and does not try to back peddle..

whatever Ive told about the CoRe applies to the Racer...but I do love having the headsup display...And to be honest with you memory is not required...I actually like running through some simple steps to Know Im right on for the site...sometimes pre-saved can cost us a find if we are lazy..

Again remember these are powerful units in 2 tone...Learn the Audio traits in iron with small coiland you will be rewarded..

Of the two CoRe/Racer mainly the price devides them surley not the performance or the features...

hard to believe what a 650.00 dollar unit can be...

I look at whats out there for 650.00 and then look here at a \Racer..and I see 1000.00 look and perfomance for alot less..

Oh yeah it tracks the ground beautifully in auto...

On my unit it seems the unit was released withtout a Hiccup running wise....

Keith
February 12, 2015 12:17AM
Good report Keith

thanks for the update
Re: Updated thoughts on the Racer
February 12, 2015 12:21AM
Here's a question for you Keith!-----Which do you feel does the best for you in your dirt as to performance & depth------the Racer--or the F-19?---------Del
Re: Updated thoughts on the Racer
February 12, 2015 12:42AM
If they both cost the same...I think youll find the racer a bit more sluethy in iron...and can match the depth of the F19.and a little hotter on bigger targets...And punches mineral quite well and gives better tonal I.D. in terms of non ferrous or ferrous in those arenas..

I bet the street prices on those two are close.....

The audio on the Racer will help you in modern trash quite well..The F19 has that on/off audio with no rolling tone nuance..

you aslo get auto tracking and a bit better I.D. to boot if needed.
again the price the Racer comes in at is what will get it in the hands of alot of people and give you performance that maybe that group has not been use to..

Not to discount the F19 ..its a heck of a relic unit...but prices are the killer...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2015 03:43AM by Keith Southern.
February 12, 2015 01:19AM
Good report Keith . do you still own t2 and cf77
February 12, 2015 02:12AM
Hi Keith,,,,thanks for the updated info,I wish I could do videos..LoL.....JJ
February 12, 2015 03:41AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> That test garden is a bout 2 months old now..and
> yes I do have a video of all targets being placed
> in the dirt...I just never loaded it ..I just use
> it for reference incase I dont remember where and
> what is in a hole.. and yes they are measured...
>
> So on these targets the F75 V2 hits the Nickle and
> the F19 and the Tejon and DEUS...GMP...The CoRe
> and the Racer.. and one I cant talk about right
> Now..LOL
>
> Keith

Thanks for the reply Keith. I was just kidding about having a video of the depth of the nickle...just my way of putting a dig into Detecting MO's post.
Small gold nugget test on the Racer and Core (VIDEO)
February 12, 2015 07:08AM
Ray was kind enough to send me some small nuggets to test out...

Im really impressed with the .6 grain on the Racer Stock settings...

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks DEATHRAY!!!

Keith
February 12, 2015 08:56AM
D-Ray's the man!

I'm surprised that the machines hit the tiny .6 grain nugget at all,

and at the same time,

very impressed at the depth they hit the larger specimens...

The racer might make a good micro jewelry hunter on the beach!
February 12, 2015 06:59PM
Skinner T2..No 77..

Paleo..gotcha...

Wayne...Yes very impressive on the units.especially on the Racer...

it may prove to be the BETTER all around unit from the the Company..

I see more and more to be enthused about..and I'm very hard to impress ....

here's what needs to be locked in your thought vault...the small slightly elliptical DD is world class design..that coil in iron sees what few if any will see...

And believe me when I say the company is listening to what's being reported..

This is the kind of Comunication we need between users and designers..

we have the advantage of multiple instant world wide reporting and have developers really concerned about what we the end user require and need and want and are eager to meet request not dismiss as do it later...

The company's who embrace this new TRANSPARENT attitude will be the game changers...

How many company's do you know of that allow a machine to be tested in the open in front of everyone then allow some negative comments to be expressed and addressed in the public eye..

Truthfulness will win out every time....Not telling someone what they want to hear..be truthful ...

Keith
February 12, 2015 07:06PM
Well said Keith!!!! And I can think of a few machines released in the last 5 years that would have benefited from such a "transparent" process. Would have probably saved manufacturers money too.
February 12, 2015 08:29PM
Keith, I am definitely going to buy a 5x10 coil for the Racer......when I get my Racer. I really think that the 5x10 coil on the Racer will be AWESOME. But all I can do is speculate. Just thinking out loud here. You were the man who taught me the virtues of the 5x10 coil on the G2 platform. I have been a fan ever since. It seems that the 5x10 DD design is a happy combination of depth plus separation.