Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ's a world apart, or 120 feet.

Posted by Kas 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Kas
CZ's a world apart, or 120 feet.
February 28, 2008 11:44PM
Some may know where I'm going with this, and for some it may be of great interest to know.

I will be hunting a site with another CZ user, in fact another CZ3D user. No big deal, right, as long as our units don't cause EMI between the two we'll be fine, maybe not.

I'm sure Tom can fill in my blanks, but these two units should be at least 120 feet from each other while hunting together. It matters little if you don't hear any EMI between units at a closer distance, depth will be lost. You'll stop finding deep coins. Why? I don't know why, but I know it's true. I'll defer to Tom for the technical answer. Just keep in mind not to hunt any closer than 120 feet apart with Cz's or you might as well be using a cheapy unit.

Ken

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2008 10:24PM by Kas.
Re: CZ's a world apart, or 120 feet.
February 29, 2008 12:28AM
Ken,

I was using a CZ-3D when my uncle was maybe 50 feet away with his CZ-'s70. My 3D was unusable. The same thing happens but not quite as bad with CZ-70 when three of us(my aunt, my uncle and I) were all using our CZ-70's(my direct influence of course in their detector selection) at an old site...I guess it's just a matter of fact with CZ's but funny that they still resist EMI when alone better than almost all others out there.
February 29, 2008 02:36AM
Interesting . . . I wonder how this happens. I'll be almost no one realizes this.

Ian
February 29, 2008 02:54AM
I wrote an article on just exactly this.... in Western & Eastern Treasures mag. --- Looks like your memory serves you VERY well!

Tom
Kas
February 29, 2008 02:11PM
Actually, it has to do with some type of quiet interference that causes both machines to lose depth. You'll never know it's happening, except for the fact that you'llboth stop finding deep targets,and you may just think there is nothing to be found.

The crux of the story was that Tom was hunting a park with a fellow THer. All of the sudden they stopped finding deep coins. Tom had a thought about why, and went straight away home to his test garden with his friend to check out his theory.

Seems that when his friend had his machine turned on and was less than 120' feet from Tom, Tom couldn't detect a 7 3/4" buried dime in the test garden. The friend turned off his machine and then Tom could detect not only the 7+ dime, but also deeper targets,(I think a 10" dime) in the garden. In conclusion, Tom detirmined that 120' was the closest hunting distance for two cz's.
I'm curious to know if this is the case with all machines even if the machines are from different companies. How would you know if you didn't do the test?

Just something to chew on.

FYI.
Ken

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2008 10:22PM by Kas.