Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ gold ring tip...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ gold ring tip...
May 14, 2010 03:28PM
We all know foil is the hot spot for thin womans gold rings with nice stones so might try this ...if you are looking for shallow gold rings and area has a lot of foil put your unit in salt mode.. If you get a foil hit raise your coil and it will become very weak on most foil while a ring will still hit hard...No sure way to tell a gold ring from foil but this certainly cuts down the odds....get in an area where deep silver is possible just switch back to regular mode... actually by not digging one tab variety still getting probably getting 50 percent of the gold rings if you dig the coin facets..Most parks I hunt would never get off my knees if I dug all the various pulltab hits....
Re: CZ gold ring tip...
September 06, 2018 01:54AM
Good info dan
September 06, 2018 04:50PM
hi dan!
is this the reason why you never seriously considered getting the cz3d?..or did you have one and sold it because of it's propensity for finding "junk" in the enhanced mode in "older" parks?..just curious dan! ..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 06, 2018 05:19PM
If you hunt real old areas CZ3D is the ticket, however if you also hunt local parks zinc pennies will kill you in enhanced mode and if you use the salt mode going to lose depth and likeness for gold jewelry in my estimation....Personally in this situation have a CZ3D and regular CZ for optimum performance...wow this is an old post and just my opinion...
September 06, 2018 11:37PM
yeah!..what i am talking about is that real old parks are all junked out,so i guess you may be referring to places that have limited or zero aluminum targets?..there ain't none of them around here,as everything "old" is covered with modern "crap!"
so talkin' private yards,and old picnic groves,and other "private"
places dan?

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 09, 2018 02:58PM
I would guess all areas differ so you are right on....the modern junk would drive you crazy in old areas now loaded with modern junk, however in areas you speak of a CZ3D trumps a conventional CZ as it would get the oddball targets others miss in including most gold coins. For the most part my areas have both new and old so I prefer one of the conventional CZ's but again it wouldn't hurt to have both to cover all bases.. Gosh have to get off these forums as memories would have me back in hobby..
September 09, 2018 10:47PM
dan! thanks for responding! i pretty much knew this back in 2004 when the cz3d was released! i am STILL contemplating getting one ,because i love the way it operates,and i "trust" what i am hearing.i also love the audio modulation,which reminds me of my whites' 4db 100khz tr detector i used back in '78... nailing deep old coins with audio modulation is worth the price of admission!..thanks for your input ..dan! we'll get ya back!..no worries! ..ehe! he! he!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 09, 2018 11:56PM
j.t. most new users think CZ's are iron nail magnets...this ought to help...google Mikes CZ page...a bible for CZ users....P.S. added a couple of them myself way back when when Mike started the page...
September 10, 2018 04:20AM
ok! dan! will check that out!..many thanks!
hope you are feeling better!

(h.h.!)
j.t.