Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 LTD Performance with GB at 0

Posted by dgc 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
dgc
F75 LTD Performance with GB at 0
May 23, 2010 02:25PM
Was doing some air testing with my F75 LTD. I raised the Sensitivity all the way to 99 and lowered the Disc down to 0 (zero) as well. Of course it became very unstable. On a whim I took the GB down to 0 (zero). I noticed that the background chatter quieted considerably (almost full quiet). I tried a nickel, penny, and a dime and the detector signaled on all of them but seemed to have lost some air test depth (distance from coil). When I tried a rusty iron nail, NOTHING, no signal at all, even though I was at 0 Disc. I moved the nail all the way to the coil face...NOTHING. Is this normal? I thought locations with neutral soil ran GB near 0. If so, is it normal to lose iron detection response or does my detector have a problem? I think I see the answer in the "Salt Training" thread.

Thanks for replies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2010 02:32PM by dgc.
Re: F75 LTD Performance with GB at 0
May 23, 2010 04:14PM
Yes, answer in Salt Training thread. Unit is especially 'low conductor' dead when GB is on '0'. This means iron/gold can be eliminated......unless they are larger chunks. This does NOT mean that you can hunt a iron infested site.....with GB on '0' and have success finding non-ferrous items.
dgc
May 23, 2010 06:30PM
Tom,

When you have used the F75 in neutral Florida soil (inland not beach), what has the GB number been?
May 24, 2010 01:00AM
The factory preset/default of '90'......and for good reason! .... as you have witnessed.
dgc
May 24, 2010 02:24AM
Thanks Tom. That Salt Training thread is outstanding. There is application to inland detecting as well.

I have learned a ton about the F75 thanks to you and the other gentlemen that frequent this forum.