Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ3D one way signals and no pinpoint

Posted by Blackadder43 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ3D one way signals and no pinpoint
May 25, 2010 11:56PM
2 questions realy....
What is the detector telling me with 1 way signals?
I know deep could be an answer but a lot of these i have been getting lately have been quite loud with volume control on 5

Also, today i had a reasonable repeating signal which falsed to iron about 20% of the time but i couldnt for the life of me get a pinpoint noise on it.......i did dig it and glad i did, turned out to be a hammered coin from way way back....
It was small and it was 8" down, so is it just out of pinpoint reach?
surely if the machine can detect it then it should be able to pinpoint it aswell?
Re: CZ3D one way signals and no pinpoint
May 26, 2010 12:03AM
This thread may help BA.

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
May 26, 2010 08:33AM
Hi Jamt,
Yea the falsing side of things i am ok with.

My first query is single beeping targets....
I dont normaly suffer much with these but my new farm i went to yesterday this was happening quite a bit.....
Now quite a few of my targets that i dug were deep, the hammered i found is dated for 1247 so you can imagine that things are pretty deep.
So i was wondering is the single beeps (repeatable just a 1 way beep) just deeper objects that are maybe angled?

The other thing is pinpointing........quite a few of the single hits AND quite a few repeatable normal beeps would not pinpoint....at all....
The hammered coin i found being the perfect example...
It beeped twice, midtone showing pulltab (which is perfectly normal over here)
But it would not pinpoint.....i just dug roughly where i thought it was and luckily 8" down there it was, very small one....18mm diameter...

So thats it folks....hopefully one of you guys will chime in with a perfectly good explanation ;-)
May 26, 2010 08:27PM
It's not uncommon for a CZ to go deeper in the ID mode......and not give a response on a deep target in the pinpoint mode.................especially in mineralized ground.

One-way good hits are usually:

1. Iron/steel falsing
2. Improper Grnd Balance
3. Deep/fringe targets
May 26, 2010 09:40PM
Thanks Tom, thats exactly what it did with the hammered coin.....the coin is very thin silver and only 18mm diameter....it gave a very quiet 2 way signal and showed pull tab square (which is normal for us) but would not pinpoint at all......and i found it with my pinpointer probe at about 8"
I actualy passed up a few targets before this because i couldnt find them...
Lol the machine is out depthing me.....

I will be back on that field on monday....its only about 20 acres lol...
Think it was once a small settlement

Found tons of buttons, the hammered coin dated 1247, a coin weight (used to measure the gold weight of a half or quarter noble) dated 1422, 2 bronze large feet for a cauldron or large vessel
all in all a good indication of at least 700 years occupation.......and only quarter of a mile away as the crow flys to a Roman settlement.....
Now to talk the farmer into ploughing that field lol.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2010 09:55PM by Blackadder43.
May 27, 2010 01:14AM
Consider yourself blessed!