Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just joined the CZ family!

Posted by Mojave 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Just joined the CZ family!
May 26, 2010 06:18PM
Just scored a 1021 series CZ3D with 3 coils for a little over $400 shipped. The detector is in good condition and I think I got a good deal. I've always been curious about these machines and I can't wait to try it out. I've had trouble in my California ground with mineralization and I expect this one to do better than some of the VLF's I've had. I do have 2 questions...

Any advice for using my new machine?

What settings do I use to do the clad dime test?

Thanks
Re: Just joined the CZ family!
May 26, 2010 07:57PM
If it works good you got yourself a killer deal!
May 26, 2010 08:45PM
Set Sens just below (or right at) '5'......'enhanced' mode.........Grnd Bal on '10'.........Disc on '0' (so you can hear all 4 tones) and air-test a dime. The unit should acquire (with weak, but sharp high tone) ......beyond 11". MAKE SURE the coil is NOT near concrete rebar....or any other metal within 3 feet.

In the real world: 'Enhanced' mode.........Sens on '4'.........Disc on '0' (all 4 tones) and proper Grnd Bal. ----- Then, go hunting. (Later, after a couple sets of batteries, you will want to raise Sens to 4.5 - 5.0).
May 26, 2010 08:58PM
Thanks Mr. Dankowski.
You got a great deal Mojave
May 27, 2010 12:04AM
If I didn't have one already, I would have snatched that one up !
Re: You got a great deal Mojave
May 27, 2010 12:12AM
Thanks rover. It's already in the mail and I can't wait to use it.
May 27, 2010 03:10PM
What part of Calif are you from I am from the Gold Country in Jackson.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 27, 2010 04:27PM
The CZ's work GREAT in California soil, I LOVE my CZ70, it's as deep as my F75 LTD, and it's a little better at sniffing out silver, barring ultra trashy places where the F75 has some clear advantages.
May 27, 2010 11:06PM
LA county.
May 27, 2010 11:07PM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The CZ's work GREAT in California soil, I LOVE my
> CZ70, it's as deep as my F75 LTD, and it's a
> little better at sniffing out silver, barring
> ultra trashy places where the F75 has some clear
> advantages.

That's good to hear. I am a little worried about running into a bunch of trashy areas, but I heard that with enough time, you can distinguish between the bad and good signals. At least it won't null out on me constantly like the Explorer I had...