Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

OT for the forum but, what's your other passion besides detecting?

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: OT for the forum but, what's your other passion besides detecting?
February 28, 2015 10:31AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [i20.photobucket.com]
> aps.jpg

nice D, lots of whites over this way it seems. we have one lake with a good mix of blacks
February 28, 2015 11:57AM
Woods and Water for me ;-)

February 28, 2015 03:45PM
Flying and airplanes have been a lifelong passion,but Biggest disappointment of my like was when they found a pretty severe high frequency hearing loss when I was being tested for the AF flight program when I finished college. I never got to fly the luv of my earlier years, F86 Sabre, so I had to be satisfied with Cessna 150's and 172's. Gave that up about 20 years ago and concentrated on gold nugget and meteorite hunting in AZ during vacations and bought a place near Gold Basin,AZ and spend about 3 or 4 months a year there. CW hunting,cannon projectiles,was my detecting passion from 1973 until 94 and am now getting interested again. Reading the forums and seeing what a group of very interesting people is doing is my way of 'keepin' up". Good luck to all you guys and gals.
February 28, 2015 05:53PM
River fishing, kayaking,deer hunting, traveling withing usa winking smiley metal detecting is my fav winking smiley
Professional Race Car Builder
February 28, 2015 06:29PM
I was and still a little bit heavy into Pro Racing. Was ranked 37 in the US. I was challenged to a Pink Slip Race. I'm ACME racing. If any of you need help in building a car let me know. The car in this race conforms to every Scout rule.
[www.youtube.com]
[youtube]B371B8D0JSI[/youtube]

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2015 06:30PM by khouse.
February 28, 2015 07:19PM
First and foremost is spending time with family. After that, in no particular order... Motorcycle riding (scouting new detecting territory while doing so), wooden boat building, fishing, hunting, rebuilding /tinkering with mechanical things, dabbling in solar power for my shop, casting bullets and reloading ammo... among others to numerous to recollect. Metal detecting is at the top of the list behind family time.

I'm the type of guy who has to have a project or 10 going on to keep my mind from getting the best of me. I am a towboat capt by trade and gone from home more than half the year (thus the family time comment) which gives me plenty of time to research new possible projects for when I am home. At this point in my journey my grandkids (boy, 4 years old... girl, 4 months old) are my my main "project".
February 28, 2015 11:06PM
Rod-PA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I enjoy playing guitar. Being 30 minutes from the
> Martin factory is extremely hard on the wallett I
> though. Makes detectors cheap by comparison.
> I have been working on a Barber quarter collection
> for quite some time.
>
> chief goal this summer is to find a nice old
> silver coin while Ozzie collects more turkey
> bands.

Ha, Rodman...pulled a half dime out of those poultry bands though, didn't I ? Oh, the bands go into the trash by the way, not collecting them.
March 01, 2015 02:12PM
Boy, you guys have a lot of time, after I work I'm lucky to have 2 to 3 hours to detect every 3 days, I use to do all that before I had a kid, Keith, you are right about your Kin, I lost my Mom and Dad and 2 brothers young, I learn to enjoy every day like it's my last, that why I get so pissed when some one whines about nothing, I guess I'm lucky, my Job,and taking care of my Daughter takes up most of my time, but it keeps me out of trouble, and when I get to go out and detect, I enjoy it , whether I find something good or not, it's just weird hearing how the other half lives