Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Racer video

Posted by Mojave 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Racer video
February 27, 2015 08:29PM
[m.youtube.com]

Looks impressive. Blew the t2 out of the water on the first test.
Re: New Racer video
February 27, 2015 08:55PM
Nice video! The racer is one to watch for sure
February 27, 2015 09:33PM
how it look it will Blew t2 and f75 out of the water L.O.L

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2015 09:36PM by skinner.
February 27, 2015 09:38PM
Hope they make a waterproof version
February 27, 2015 09:59PM
That's the most impressive results I've seen yet demonstrating the Racer in tough detecting conditions yet. It sounds like if you have tame soil, the F75 and/or T2 will be a deeper machine, but throw in some mineralization and it looks like the Racer easily pulls ahead of the pact! Would have been interesting to see the video posted put the T2 (assuming it was a LTD model) into BP mode to see how it did on that Culpeper dirt.
February 27, 2015 10:40PM
Very telling video.
February 27, 2015 11:09PM
He cant set the T2 to 70 Sens like the Racer... the Racer is almost is maxed out at 70 the T2 maxs out a 99...

I wish he had of not turned the disc up on the units..WHY???? the tone breaks at 40 so why silence the iron tone so much...we could of told if the T2 was signaling as iron that would of let us Know if it was hearing it at least....if it was not hearing it as iron he could of ran the gain on up to be more equal sens wise...If it was hearing it as iron we would of Known it would of probably still of been iron with higher gain...

Watch out for comparison videos..

Although the Racer is in my opinion superior to SOME others in bad dirt all testing needs to be FAIR...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 27, 2015 11:25PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He cant set the T2 to 70 Sens like the Racer...
> the Racer is almost is maxed out at 70 the T2 maxs
> out a 99...
>
>
> I wish he had of not turned the disc up on the
> units..WHY???? the tone breaks at 40 so why
> silence the iron tone so much...we could of told
> if the T2 was signaling as iron that would of let
> us Know if it was hearing it at least....if it was
> not hearing it as iron he could of ran the gain
> on up to be more equal sens wise...If it was
> hearing it as iron we would of Known it would of
> probably still of been iron with higher gain...
>
> Watch out for comparison videos..
>
> Although the Racer is in my opinion superior to
> SOME others in bad dirt all testing needs to be
> FAIR...
>
> Keith

You & me BOTH know WHO that guy is and why he's doing what he's doing in that video Keith!

$$ is a B I G motivator being he IS who he IS!
February 27, 2015 11:31PM
Why it's none other than the New York Twins, the tag team of Barry and Carter, woo woo...LoL
February 27, 2015 11:33PM
Hombre Wrote:
> Why it's none other than the New York Twins, the
> tag team of Barry and Carter, woo woo...LoL

LOL!
February 27, 2015 11:38PM
The word "sycophant" comes to mind---been seeing lots of that with all this Nokta/Makro drama sad smiley
February 28, 2015 12:45AM
I Thought about the gain - gain is not same same between detectors. Also does not the T2 loose some depth with higher discrimination levels - Zero Disk on both units would of been fair. T2 had no issue in All metal - he kind of jumped past that. Also wondering about sweep speed looked like racer needed a pretty deliberate - not too fast sweep - Seems like T2 is fast sweep machine but hard to tell from video. I do like the test though in the red dirt. Oh and one other thing was he running Boost over the dirt?

Bryanna - Nebraska

Current - New to me but not new MXT Pro and T2 SE2 - Previous Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Safari, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum
Smile its a good for you!
February 28, 2015 12:54AM
[www.youtube.com] Southern Wrote:
> He cant set the T2 to 70 Sens like the Racer...
> the Racer is almost is maxed out at 70 the T2 maxs
> out a 99.

that was exactly my thoughts on this video,at least thats how i read it anyway [www.youtube.com] here is t2 with no DSL firmware on same beach same guy,

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2015 04:18AM by skinner.
February 28, 2015 03:40AM
The one thing that is of interest is the Racer passed the test in that dirt and at beach...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 03, 2015 12:02PM
Looks like the Racer can handle the jandel -

I have never seen so much negativity about a new metal detector -

Can someone tell me if the 11" coil leaks like the T2's and F75's did when they were released? -

Looks like it works fine in highly miniralised soils and the beach -

Finally the so-called experts that gave feedback to Makro regarding initial problems, like, it doesnt retain its settings and its not tuned like a musical instrument -

How in the hell did you miss the on/off volume control placement - surely that should have been the biggest issue with this particular unit & rectified -

IMO Makro are setting a NEW standard when it comes to exciting new gear - you only have to look at the Makro Pointer drop test to see that -
March 03, 2015 04:57PM
I did QUESTION the on off placement....as also the speaker location.....

I dont think anyone is bashing the Racer...it's a very good bad ground unit..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 03, 2015 09:00PM
Sorry Keith - I didnt realise you had mentioned that -

I really liked the tests you carried out on the Racer especially the coins on edge on the deck -

I really appreciate your opinions like many others

Cheers

Sorry the bashing was on other sites which I have now turned my back on as too many experienced
detectorists were taking the urine about the product instead of actually debating what issues/positives the Racer actually has -

Personally, and this is from a complete novice user compared to the legends around here, I have found the only issue worth addressing is that area
you had identified (on/off switch & speaker) - I am positive the guys at Makro will be addressing that as we speak however I cannot help but think back to the big players whn they released their flagships - Garrett - Fisher - Teknetics - Minelabs all had bigger issues IMO, yet the hysteria bantered about forums and websites is simply amazing -

I am so happy I purchased a Racer right from the get go and I can honestly say that it has brought my very hunted out area's back to life - I am also happy to see these reports coming back from you guys that I deeply admire, reflecting positive vibes from Makro's very first VDI unit -

Again thank you Keith not only for these reviews on the Racer but for everything you have done for metal detecting -

Cheers

Keith
March 03, 2015 10:24PM
Is that guy selling Racers?

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
March 04, 2015 01:27AM
That would depend on who "that guy" was -

Let me have a stab in the dark and pick - yes

did I win a chocolate fish??? lol
March 04, 2015 08:51PM
Here we go again,.... :-)

HH
Johnb
March 05, 2015 03:38AM
Hombre Wrote:
> Why it's none other than the New York Twins, the
> tag team of Barry and Carter, woo woo...LoL

Why doesnt that dirtbag just crawl back under the rock he came from.Love to give him the chance to back up all his tough talk.
March 05, 2015 08:40AM
Is this normal behaviour when a new metal detector is released???

The amount of dogging around the web regarding the Racer is crazy considering this is Makro's very first VDI unit with many features and extra's which from early indications, can mix it with FT's flagships -

Imagine what they will be like in a few years? - If anything it might get the well known brands to pull fingy -

The T2 IMO is not as deep as the Racer as mentioned above.............
March 05, 2015 10:24AM
Barry---Barry---is that you????------Carter---Carter---is that you??? smiling smiley--------Can't answer your question about "normal behavior" when a new unit is released.------Around here we just "talk it out".---Is that OK with you???-------One thing for certain---you c-e-r-t-a-I-n-l-y stirred the pot for a new person that just registered on this Forum!-----Be/get famous & win friends (not)---right???
March 05, 2015 01:55PM
What really is funny to me, there seems to be a lot of people that just don't believe what the Nokta/Makro detectors can and are doing. Lot's of people have jumped on board and a lot are saying nah. I've had my eye's opened with many many WOW moments since I got the CoRe from Keith. It's awfully humbling when you have a couple of grand in a machine, or more in a few, and these machines are, for me with the CoRe just bringing where I've hunted many times before with high end machines back to life with an astronomical amount of SHALLOW coins. These are coins the others could not see because of small trash/contamination. I'm a firm believer there is a whole other world out there in the shallower dirt we have missed in hunted out places. Crazy good time for me and the CoRe in the places I hunt.
March 05, 2015 03:35PM
Isnt a doubt in my mind that the Racer is a excellent metal detector, especially around these old house sites and civil war sites. I know when the Racer is released people will be hitting the parks,just wondering if there will be any grass left LOL!!! Especially people that are new to the metal detecing world,so is the Racer a too good of machine or not?
March 05, 2015 04:53PM
Not bashing the racer but obviously this guy created a very bias video. The test was aimed at ground masking using the ground grab feature on both detectors. I don't have either detector, but isnt it possible to manually adjust the ground balance on the T2 so it would of got a hit on the bullet? Kieth is right about the discrimination as well, in a ground masking test, both machines should be wide open.

Bey