Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Detech high frequency machine

Posted by silverhound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Detech high frequency machine
February 28, 2015 04:13PM
Kinda interesting....

[www.ebay.com]

Specifications:

• VLF Operation
• Operation Frequency: 28 kHz
• Audio frequencies: 250 Hz - Low-Pitched Tone, 550 Hz - Simple Tone, 1100 Hz - High-Pitched Tone
• Ground Balance: Automatic and Manual
• Search Modes: Adjustable Discrimination
• Target ID: Dual Tone (High/Low Pitch)
. Microprocessor control;
• Standard Search Coils included: 6 inches (15 cm) and 10 inches (25 cm) Round DD
• Additional Coils : 12.5 inches (31 cm) Round DD
Auto recognition of the search coil;
• Headphones: impedance: 8 Ohms - 32 Ohms
• Optional Headphones: wireless
• Batteries: 6 x AA NiMH, 1800 mAh or Alkaline, 1.5v
• Length: extended - 57 inches (1450 mm), collapsed: 26 inches (670 mm)
• Weight: 1.6 kg (3.5 lbs)
• Warranty: Electronics - 2 years, Search coil - 1 year

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2015 04:14PM by silverhound.
Re: Detech high frequency machine
October 19, 2015 05:02PM
I've just started testing one of their EDS Reacher..... Doing well at the moment but early days.

Here is the first video on it... [youtu.be]
October 19, 2015 07:27PM
I wonder how much use a 12.5 inch coil would be on a high freq machine. It seems too large - the operating freq says you're after small targets, the big coil says not.
When I see a machine like that, I always wonder what a 26KHz F75/T2 would do, and why didn't FT make one? [maybe they did?]
October 19, 2015 08:29PM
My opinion and findings on the Vista Gold with the large coil on was smaller items at deeper depths, not major depths difference but enough to make the deeper good size coin targets more pronounced and the smaller targets audible after finding them with the 14 inch coil then swapping over to the 11 inch.
October 19, 2015 10:06PM
Interesting info, Ziggy. I suppose that just because you have a machine capable of finding tiny stuff, doesn't mean you're not interested in the higher conductor/larger targets. So if fitting a larger coil helps you find any target better, it's worthwhile. It depends on what other machines you might have in your arsenal, too, of course.
These kind of decisions must be tough for ML X-Terra owners, where you have choices of freq and coil size to contend with.
October 20, 2015 09:14PM
The disc range on the Detech Reacher really does remind me of the tejon.... Vast and If I crank it right the way up it pops and crackles on flat iron...... Look forward to trying this in a park soon, will have to keep the sweep speed down a tad as it's not the fastest recovering machine but guess that's why it's detects a good depths well.

Disc range video here.... [youtu.be]