Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

With the Turkish currency collapsing, will Nokta/ Makro be affected?

Posted by possum mo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
With the Turkish currency collapsing, will Nokta/ Makro be affected?
February 28, 2015 04:40PM
Just curious.
Re: With the Turkish currency collapsing, will Nokta/ Makro be affected?
February 28, 2015 04:50PM
I think that a collapsing currency is the least of their problems. ISIS is free to come and go as they please with the open border situation, much like what we have here in the States. This is getting serious folks!
February 28, 2015 05:34PM
Hombre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think that a collapsing currency is the least of
> their problems. ISIS is free to come and go as
> they please with the open border situation, much
> like what we have here in the States. This is
> getting serious folks!

yall better check your Racers for IED's when you get them!!!!
February 28, 2015 05:39PM
Of course they will.
They appear to be a pretty forward looking bunch and probably their collapsing currency may have been a large factor into their venturing deeper into the American markets even though the cost of exporting adds to their headaches . I'm sure they would much rather have 10 US dollars that are somewhat stable than 20 of their own that is losing value. They only need to convert when the need for direct cash is at hand
February 28, 2015 07:42PM
"I thought it was the Greeks that were in deep doo-doo?"
February 28, 2015 08:20PM
There is no shortage of doo-doo. It is difficult to gage the economic stability of foreign nations from US news sources. Turkey is a much stronger country than you might think. Not to discount the toxic tide of ISL that may well be the scourge of our century and a genuine global threat.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
February 28, 2015 10:15PM
21 Central Banks have cut their interest rates so far in 2015....with the latest being China...

Its Global folks...NIRP (negative interest rates) are already showing up...

currency wars...beggar thy neighbour...will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next couple years...

it's been said that if the US Central Bank does raise rates in June/July a global recession will be the result....interesting times indeed.